300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code 9 - Officer Needs Assistance The Documentary Trailer

This powerful documentary which is being co-produced by the wife of a retired state trooper suffering with PTSD will explore the darker side of law enforcement as it tells the stories of police officers and their families who are now suffering the mental anguish of the careers they chose, which has led some to suicide.

For more info on the project please visit: http://www.Code9project.com

People: we need to do more about this!!!

We cry about the militarization of police, but this is a serious lesson we can learn from the military. The military realized they had a problem, and they are working to fix it!

We turn a blind eye.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

It's sad, because more Officers (retired and OTJ) die by their own hand. What's worse is the old timers who have no one.
      Look even on a Cop forum you have a few replies and likes. No one wants to address the issues. Thin Blue Line my A--
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

We are excited to announce that we have partnered with Nebula Productions on the completion of the film
        CODE 9 OFFICER NEEDS ASSISTANCE - THE DOCUMENTARY

CODE 9 IS THE STORIES OF OUR ACTIVE, RETIRED AND FORMER FIRST RESPONDERS DEALING WITH THE HORRORS OF PTS

BUT IT IS ALSO THE STORIES OF HOPE, CHANGE AND ACTION

THESE ARE THEIR STORIES! OUR STORIES!

This powerful documentary which is being co-produced by the wife of a retired state trooper suffering with PTSD explores the darker side of law enforcement as it tells the stories of police officers and their families who are now suffering the mental anguish of the careers they chose, which has led some to suicide.
        Visit our Kickstarter campaign at kickstarter.com/projects/141970663/the-code-9-project

For more info on the project please visit: Code9project.com
        Contact us at [email protected]
        Facebook: facebook.com/CODE9ONA

I'm glad I found this documentary, it looked interesting, and very important and timely which was why I posted the information.
        From what I read, the film is now completely funded through the donation page they had set up to finish filming it and making it a reality!
        268 Backers

$31,556 pledged of $30,000 goal !
        This project was successfully funded on June 19.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/141970663/the-code-9-project

While on their Facebook page I noticed a link to this story in the news, just what the film is trying to prevent:

Officer Kills Himself Outside Police Station

Wes Sept 10, 2014
        An off-duty Delaware county police officer died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound Tuesday night.
        Thirty-four-year-old Robert "John" Miller, a nine year veteran of the Radnor Township Police Department, was in the police station parking lot on Iven Avenue around 6:30 p.m. when he pulled out a gun and turned it on himself, according to officials.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...274561891.html
        Last edited by Sculptor; 09-11-2014, 01:59 AM.

Comment

I didn't watch it but I hope they also explain the role media plays by demonizing LEOs in the "news" whenever they can, and especially in the movies. You don't need to watch too many movies to see that Hollywood loves criminals and hates cops. It effects public perception a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
            I didn't watch it but I hope they also explain the role media plays by demonizing LEOs in the "news" whenever they can, and especially in the movies. You don't need to watch too many movies to see that Hollywood loves criminals and hates cops. It effects public perception a great deal.
            You should take a look it's very well done.
            I'm sure you can help the film producers look at that issue by contacting her, you might have brought up something she hadn't considered addressing in the film.
            As I gather, the woman behind the film is the wife of a retired LEO, so this will not be some Hollywood-ized rubbish. Take a look at her web site, facebook (both above) or send her an email also above.

But yeah you are right, if Hollywood isn't demonizing officers, it's making fun of them as bumbling idiots who can't figure out which way the cuffs go on.
            Last edited by Sculptor; 09-13-2014, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sculptor View Post
              You should take a look it's very well done.
              I'm sure you can help the film producers look at that issue by contacting her, you might have brought up something she hadn't considered addressing in the film.
              As I gather, the woman behind the film is the wife of a retired LEO, so this will not be some Hollywood-ized rubbish. Take a look at her web site, facebook (both above) or send her an email also above.

But yeah you are right, if Hollywood isn't demonizing officers, it's making fun of them as bumbling idiots who can't figure out which way the cuffs go on.
              I prefer to manage my own time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4639 users online. 269 members and 4370 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X