Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girlfriend wants to pay for engagement ring, thoughts?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlfriend wants to pay for engagement ring, thoughts?

So my girlfriend and I live together and already planning on marrying just a matter of time and money and job placement. She and I picked out a ring and I have already started making payments but she doesn't know.

Last night she asked about rings in a general question and I happened to say "x amount of money is a lot right now. We will be engaged eventually but the ring will be what I can afford."

She proceeded to tell me you know I can help with the ring or you can put it on my credit card and make payments when you can.

Maybe I have too much pride but I shot that idea down right away.

It us weird, odd, crazy? What do you think?

The first two thoughts as they came into my head, in order...

MARRY HER IMMEDIATELY.

...OR...

Perhaps it could be a test or devious trap of some sort that might be used by her against you later.

Married guys, chime in!
    SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
    SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

I'd offer to front the bill, which is my responsibility as the man.

I paid for my fiancee's engagement ring, and I'll be paying for the wedding ring,too..

But if she INSISTS after you offer, then by all means...
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
      that we are all that stands between
      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
        The first two thoughts as they came into my head, in order...

MARRY HER IMMEDIATELY.

...OR...

Perhaps it could be a test or devious trap of some sort that might be used by her against you later.

Married guys, chime in!
        Same thing I was thinking

Comment

DON'T DO IT.

In 5 years, you'll be wondering exactly how it ended up that your balls where stored in her locked safe, and you will be able to pinpoint it back to this very moment.

It's going to happen eventually anyway, but no sense in helping it along....

Comment

Yea the big question in my head was why? Did she think I couldn't handle paying for it? Did she think I wouldn't get something she liked? Her response was:

"I know you can afford it but just like rent and bills we split down the middle, I think if I want something that expensive I should have to sacrifice some money too."

I just don't know what to think, I couldn't see myself looking back and knowing she paid for an engagement ring I have her.

Comment

itsatrap.jpg

Just saying

Comment

Woman's Lib..........................sure why not
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

According to your account she said she would "help". That may mean two very different things to each of you. You already shot it down but money talks so it might have been a good test before you pulled the trigger.

Comment

She left the offer on the table, she was talking a few thousand. 2000-3500

Comment

What difference does it make who pays for it. The money will come out of the same pot in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott941 View Post
                        What difference does it make who pays for it. The money will come out of the same pot in the long run.
                        Until she dumps him....get a pre-nup.
                        September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
                          Until she dumps him....get a pre-nup.
                          Prenuptial Agreement- An "I do" with an asterisk.

Comment

1. Use the money you had for the ring and buy a good pair of running shoes.
                            2. Put the shoes on.
                            3. Run.....run far far away.
                            4. Keep running.
                            5. ???
                            6. Profit

Comment

I'm a married guy.

Don't let her pay for it. ESPECIALLY on a credit card.

Keep doing what you're doing and tell her to chill the f**k out.
                              Originally posted by RSGSRT
                              We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                              Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5765 users online. 315 members and 5450 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X