300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checked My Son's Integrity Yesterday

I picked my son up from school yesterday. As he was getting into the vehicle, he noticed I was finishing up a drink from McDonald's. As we were driving down the road, he asked if we could stop for him to get a drink at McDonald's. As we pulled into the McDonald's parking lot, I handed him my empty cup. I told him "Just change the lid and cover and you can save a dollar by refilling this cup." My son refused, saying "There's a sign there that says you can only refill your cup on the same visit. That would be like stealing." I told him "McDonald's makes a lot of money. They're not gonna miss one cup of soda. It's only a dollar." He said "Still stealing daddy, I'm not doing it. I'll spend my own money so I won't be a criminal." I told him "What about saving the environment, and being earth friendly?" He said "Maybe you can pay them a dollar and they'll let you reuse the cup. You'll still need to pay because that's the rules."

I told him that I was very proud of him because he refused to do something that he thought was dishonest despite my best efforts to convince him that it was OK. He then reminded me of a time where I made a comment about a nasty looking man who was refilling a cup he dug out of the trash outside of the restaurant. He remembered how I spoke with the man (who appeared to be homeless) and pointed out the sign to him, even offering to buy him a drink cup. The man refused, got belligerent and was booted from the restaurant by the manager.

Very proud of my 10 year old boy. He's quickly learning the difference between right and wrong. Sure hope he's able to resist peer pressure if ever faced with the choice of taking or not taking drugs & alcohol.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

I will say that your son is more aware than I was at that age. I'm not a criminal or any of the sort, but there are companies out that there I don't care if they lose money. If my dad told me that, I would be like "okay" and just go do it because he told me to. Good job raising him right!

Comment

So did you reward him with fries?
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
        I picked my son up from school yesterday. As he was getting into the vehicle, he noticed I was finishing up a drink from McDonald's. As we were driving down the road, he asked if we could stop for him to get a drink at McDonald's. As we pulled into the McDonald's parking lot, I handed him my empty cup. I told him "Just change the lid and cover and you can save a dollar by refilling this cup." My son refused, saying "There's a sign there that says you can only refill your cup on the same visit. That would be like stealing." I told him "McDonald's makes a lot of money. They're not gonna miss one cup of soda. It's only a dollar." He said "Still stealing daddy, I'm not doing it. I'll spend my own money so I won't be a criminal." I told him "What about saving the environment, and being earth friendly?" He said "Maybe you can pay them a dollar and they'll let you reuse the cup. You'll still need to pay because that's the rules."

I told him that I was very proud of him because he refused to do something that he thought was dishonest despite my best efforts to convince him that it was OK. He then reminded me of a time where I made a comment about a nasty looking man who was refilling a cup he dug out of the trash outside of the restaurant. He remembered how I spoke with the man (who appeared to be homeless) and pointed out the sign to him, even offering to buy him a drink cup. The man refused, got belligerent and was booted from the restaurant by the manager.

Very proud of my 10 year old boy. He's quickly learning the difference between right and wrong. Sure hope he's able to resist peer pressure if ever faced with the choice of taking or not taking drugs & alcohol.

Well Sire Officer H1629,

Con-grad-u-lation'z on raise'in a proper boy....

On that note I must declare, if thata' wud' have been ma' pappy, he wudda' beat me wid' his belt, one inch ta' da' gate'z O' hell fer' not listen'z straight and fer' not steal'inz..

ya' no gud dirty rat!!!

Originally posted by TheSlammer View Post
        I'm not a criminal or any of the sort,

Dat'z what they all declare Mr. security guard peep....

but there are companies out that there I don't care if they lose money.
        Ya',, too bad it tain't da' O.COM bank and untrust....every time da' Trig and me rob dat' joint every cop 'round deez' here parts takes a few shots at us!

Yes, and I am getting damn sick and tired of hauling 50 pounds of buck shot in my winged ***.

If my dad told me that, I would be like "okay" and just go do it because he told me to.

See above declaration Mr. Security guard peep.

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

Well, well, if it taint Officer District B 13....Ya' back in town....Ya' still P.O.S.T.??? If not'z ya' wanna' do sum biz' wid' da' 'ole man here..I need a good inside guy...
        Originally posted by mookster
        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
        Originally posted by CityCopDC
        I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
        Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Wow, HI629. What a story. Impressive kid.

Comment

Can I have the cup?
            September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
              Not only fries. Kid had a Quarter Pounder with cheese meal AND 2 McDouble sandwiches!
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                Wow, HI629. What a story. Impressive kid.

This boy found a cheat sheet for a test last year. He picked it up, and handed it to the teacher. The teacher busted the two students who were using it. The boy requested that the teacher give him another test. Teacher said the boy insisted because he didn't feel right since he saw some of the answers on the cheat sheet. Took the teacher nearly a half hour to convince him that the version of the test he had was different so as long as the answers he marked on his test were from his knowledge, he'd do OK. He didn't ace the test, but he didn't fail either. I found out about the whole story later (was on the road). He told me all about it.

Don't think I was even half as honest as he is when I was 10 years old. I asked him why he felt the way he did about the test and finding the answer sheet. He told me that God was watching and he was afraid that God would tell me he was bad and he would get busted eventually. We had the discussion about his "conscience" about a year ago when another boy in his class stole money from his wallet. Ever since, he's been pretty honest.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
                  Can I have the cup?
                  I have about a dozen or so in my work truck. You want medium or large?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5012 users online. 298 members and 4714 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X