Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Those Police Fundraiser Stickers on Cars Work?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do Those Police Fundraiser Stickers on Cars Work?

    I've always wondered about these stickers. I'd never put one on my car. I'd think that cops would think that you think you'd get special attention, not that I'd have a need to be stopped or anything. (Oh wait, yes I did recently in one of those I-95 traps in GA.)

    But I see them a lot in my neighborhood and I wonder why people feel a need to put them on.

    If you've ever stopped people with these stickers, did the passengers expect special treatment?

    And yes, I'm still bored out of my mind with toothpicks holding eyes open.

  • #2
    In my 15 years in patrol in Los Angeles County, having stopped probably thousands of cars I never saw one of those stickers..And if I did it probably wouldn't have meant diddly squat...
    Retired LASD

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
      In my 15 years in patrol in Los Angeles County, having stopped probably thousands of cars I never saw one of those stickers..And if I did it probably wouldn't have meant diddly squat...
      Thanks, Retired96, that's useful info. It must be a Beltway thing. Although it's also possible we get called a lot more by the charities, which no one ever wants to say no to. But it does seem like several times a year.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
        In my 15 years in patrol in Los Angeles County, having stopped probably thousands of cars I never saw one of those stickers..And if I did it probably wouldn't have meant diddly squat...
        And no wonder you Cali guys are out of money! The Virginia guys have the best racket going....because no one ever wants to say no, LOL. Just like when the firemen stand at our intersections with their boots, people are happy to contribute.

        Comment


        • #5
          Nope. Press hard, you're making four copies
          MAC

          Comment


          • #6
            Emma Take at my avatar. It is a charity magnet. I will be getting one soon.


            Show your support for the brave men and women of law enforcement with this beautiful, limited-edition, honor badge car magnet. For each sale, a donation will be made to Cops for Kids with Cancer.

            The center of this 5” faux 3D hand-beveled badge features fine details, including the Liberty Bell and twin draping American flags, surrounded by a blue ribbon indicating liberty and justice. The seal is adorned with three stars at the top and three stars at the bottom, symbolizing authority, peace and victory. Please note that the colors shown are approximate.

            Wear this authoritative badge with pride on every vehicle you drive. They also look great in your office, on refrigerators and on your locker!

            If you buy more than one badge at a time, you'll save $4 per badge! (discount will be applied automatically at checkout)

            $20 http://www.charitymagnets.com/
            There are certain crimes that are simply too cruel, too sadistic, too hideous to be forgiven.”
            ― John E. Douglas, Journey Into Darkness.

            6 Things you don't mess with.
            MY FAITH

            MY FAMILY

            MY FLAG

            MY COUNTRY

            MY HONOR AND THE THIN BLUE LINE

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by steve354 View Post
              Emma Take at my avatar. It is a charity magnet. I will be getting one soon.


              Show your support for the brave men and women of law enforcement with this beautiful, limited-edition, honor badge car magnet. For each sale, a donation will be made to Cops for Kids with Cancer.

              The center of this 5” faux 3D hand-beveled badge features fine details, including the Liberty Bell and twin draping American flags, surrounded by a blue ribbon indicating liberty and justice. The seal is adorned with three stars at the top and three stars at the bottom, symbolizing authority, peace and victory. Please note that the colors shown are approximate.

              Wear this authoritative badge with pride on every vehicle you drive. They also look great in your office, on refrigerators and on your locker!

              If you buy more than one badge at a time, you'll save $4 per badge! (discount will be applied automatically at checkout)

              $20 http://www.charitymagnets.com/
              Yea sure and have some dirtbag that hates police see it on your car and vandalize your car...
              Retired LASD

              Comment


              • #8
                The only sticker around here that gets a break is the one that says "sheriff" with the "deputy" part in front of it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                  I've always wondered about these stickers. I'd never put one on my car. I'd think that cops would think that you think you'd get special attention, not that I'd have a need to be stopped or anything. (Oh wait, yes I did recently in one of those I-95 traps in GA.)

                  But I see them a lot in my neighborhood and I wonder why people feel a need to put them on.

                  If you've ever stopped people with these stickers, did the passengers expect special treatment?

                  And yes, I'm still bored out of my mind with toothpicks holding eyes open.
                  I came down I 95 today though Georgia and the sheriffs deputies were out in full force on the interstate.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by usetobe View Post
                    I came down I 95 today though Georgia and the sheriffs deputies were out in full force on the interstate.
                    There's a place on 95 where the limit drops from 70 to 60 then back up to 70. I'm sure they had a good reason for the slowdown but it's not apparent and there seem to be minimal number of signs that show when it goes to 60. I thanked the nice officer and told him I'd be more alert next time and figured I just wasn't paying good enough attention, but after I got home, it seemed like people were coming out of the woodwork to tell me there's "this one spot in GA" where they always get ya, LOL. Plus I got a letter from an atty in GA suggesting ways to fight it - which I had no interest in since I have such a good driving record - but it did make we wonder if that was a sign it was a common place to get tickets along 95.

                    I'm sure I'll remember the next time. The one thing I remember about it was there was a bridge nearby. Or a passover really. The officer also handed me a juicy peach after he gave me the ticket.
                    Last edited by EmmaPeel; 07-23-2014, 09:24 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      No, but if you had Obama/Biden 2012 or Hillary/Michelle 2016 bumper sticker, you may get a break.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We have 'blue ribbon' stickers that have the blue and white checker pattern on them that signify respect for police killed on duty. A lot of undesirables put these up on their cars and it doesn't make a difference to me whether I pull them over or not.

                        Comment

                        MR300x250 Tablet

                        Collapse

                        What's Going On

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 4233 users online. 232 members and 4001 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                        Welcome Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X