Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Ban Dodge Ball in High School?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Ban Dodge Ball in High School?

Yes, I'm bored out of my mind waiting for an important document so I can go the hell to sleep. And yes I stole this from AAC. But inquiring minds still wanna know.

Dodge ball is a good clean sport and has been in schools and back yards for many year that i can remember. I see no reason for it to be ban in schools at all.
    There are certain crimes that are simply too cruel, too sadistic, too hideous to be forgiven.”
    ― John E. Douglas, Journey Into Darkness.

6 Things you don't mess with.
    MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

MY HONOR AND THE THIN BLUE LINE

Comment

Didn't play dodgeball in high school. I played football and got my butt whooped everyday for the privilege of suiting up and standing on the sidelines every Friday. I played dodgeball in elementary school. And I sucked. But it taught me how to lose and win. So no, I wouldn't ban it. Id ban being a puss.
      I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
        Didn't play dodgeball in high school. I played football and got my butt whooped everyday for the privilege of suiting up and standing on the sidelines every Friday. I played dodgeball in elementary school. And I sucked. But it taught me how to lose and win. So no, I wouldn't ban it. Id ban being a puss.
        That's a good answer, Birthday Boy!! Can you expound on what sport prevents that, LOL?

Comment

Hell no. Playing dodge ball was the most fun I ever had in gym, and I wasn't fast, tall, strong, or any other positive athletic adjective you can think of. But this ever increasing need by American parents to put bubble-wrap around their kids makes me sick. Heaven forbid precious gets hit with a ball, it hurts, and they have to sit on the sidelines for a while. It all just continues the pussification of America.

Life hurts, a person will be knocked down and out multiple times in life all while their friends around them are either getting knocked down too or being successful; big deal. Life is about about how many times you can get knocked down and get back up. If our kids can't handle the lessons a game of dodge ball teaches I fear for our future.
          “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

I played dodgeball in just about every grade. It didn't turn me into an aggressive maniac or kill my self-esteem (I had a lot of other things to kill it). If anything, it should be mandatory to teach kids how to deal with minor pain and to teach a go-get 'em attitude!
            "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
            -Chris Rock

Comment

What sport prevents being a puss? Any sport. Golf isn't even a sport, but it helps teaching valuable lessons, too.

Comment

Let me expand. I sucked at sports. I sucked at dodgeball. However, I also remember the time when I was the last guy standing, and the other team still had three players. I was running back to our back line, happened to turn around as I was running, just in time to catch a ball thrown at my ankles. I would up getting my next throw caught, resulting in us losing. But I'll never forget how my teammates ran up to congratulate me for making that highlight reel catch.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradient Shift View Post
                  Hell no. Playing dodge ball was the most fun I ever had in gym, and I wasn't fast, tall, strong, or any other positive athletic adjective you can think of. But this ever increasing need by American parents to put bubble-wrap around their kids makes me sick. Heaven forbid precious gets hit with a ball, it hurts, and they have to sit on the sidelines for a while. It all just continues the pussification of America.

Life hurts, a person will be knocked down and out multiple times in life all while their friends around them are either getting knocked down too or being successful; big deal. Life is about about how many times you can get knocked down and get back up. If our kids can't handle the lessons a game of dodge ball teaches I fear for our future.
                  Well said, GS! I agree with ya. I loved dodge ball. I was usually one of the tallest girls in the class and made out pretty well in the dodge department, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
                    I played dodgeball in just about every grade. It didn't turn me into an aggressive maniac or kill my self-esteem (I had a lot of other things to kill it). If anything, it should be mandatory to teach kids how to deal with minor pain and to teach a go-get 'em attitude!
                    Yep, I agree. I have nothing but great memories of it. It helped teach agility too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                      Let me expand. I sucked at sports. I sucked at dodgeball. However, I also remember the time when I was the last guy standing, and the other team still had three players. I was running back to our back line, happened to turn around as I was running, just in time to catch a ball thrown at my ankles. I would up getting my next throw caught, resulting in us losing. But I'll never forget how my teammates ran up to congratulate me for making that highlight reel catch.
                      Totally agree about football. I usually take to new sports easily, but I couldn't get into this new soccer craze this year. And that's because I know deep down that at some point it will probably push football out, which I hope doesn't happen in my life time. But I think millenials will favor soccer over football.

Comment

I played dodge ball at a nude beach once.
                        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Nah, it's great. It's probably one of the few sports where you can break someone's nose by throwing a ball at their face and not get in trouble. I speak from experience.

Comment

It all just continues the pussification of America.
                            Nailed it. Boys will not turn to men at the rate they are being taught.

Dodgeball was my favorite gym activity. Mind you, as a kid and now I'm rounder than most. So I'm not quick nor am I stronger than everyone. It's just fine and I didn't mind sweating my *** off for 30 mins every other day doing it. If I could play kickball or dodgeball everyday, I wouldn't be this big.

Comment

Damn skippy! If we're going to ban something, let's ban participation awards and go back to the old school - 1st place, 2nd place, and the other guys who weren't good enough to be in 1st or 2nd, but beat everyone else.

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                              Yep, I agree. I have nothing but great memories of it. It helped teach agility too.
                              Definitely good training for a game the modern kids know nothing about - "Catch me F me".

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                              And that's because I know deep down that at some point it will probably push football out
                              Young lady, bite your tongue!!!
                              Last edited by JustAJ; 07-23-2014, 08:07 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5325 users online. 332 members and 4993 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X