300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you wanna be a Cop

Curious on why so many want to be a Cop. Please feel free to share, and if you have questions just ask.
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Since I can remember, I've always had an interest in law enfrocement. It's all I ever wanted to do. As I grew older, I began to take a more mature look at LE. I looked past the TV shows and the BS you see about LE on the internet. I tried to reach out and gain a more honest perspective on what police work was really like.

Three months ago I was lucky enough to get accepted into an internship program with a local PD (~45 sworn). I went on a weekly ride-alongs with officers, and spent days with dispatchers, detectives, and helped the admin staff, court security, and corrections officers. I talked with a lot of veterans, and they give me honest advice and frank insights into police work.

Now that I've nearly completed this internship, my interest in being a police officer has grown. I've seen first hand the things police have to deal with (drunks, drug addicts, people screaming) and I've also seen first-hand the rewards of good police work (arresting a thug, or recieving a simple thank-you from someone).

I'm only 19 years old, so I still keep an open mind about everything. Things can change, and if for some reason I no longer want a career in LE, or if I'm just not cut out for police work, then I'll find the career that's right for me. But right now, all I can see myself doing is being a police officer. I love the challenges, rewards, and variety the career offers.
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Comment

Do you want a smart *** answer or a serious one?
      "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
      Not Yet Visited: 16
      Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Because I want to drive fast and shoot guns.

Over 7k posts and you now ask that question?!?
        Ask them, Tell them, Make them.

Comment

I like donuts and free coffee
          Chicks dig dudes in uniform
          I LOVE delivering instant karma
          I want to know who my neighbors are banging
          I want to know who my neighbor's kids are banging
          I love having an excuse to disobey traffic laws daily
          I like the idea of every POS in my territory looks over their shoulder multiple times a day worried about me
          I enjoy the warm-fuzzies when the POS calling me every name in his limited repertoire from the back seat goes through the sallyport doors

....and every once in a while I like to serve my community, help a kid, and ...... and drive cars real fast and shoot guns a LOT. Next question.
          Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
          “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
          “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
          "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
          ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
            I like donuts and free coffee
            Chicks dig dudes in uniform
            I LOVE delivering instant karma
            I want to know who my neighbors are banging
            I want to know who my neighbor's kids are banging
            I love having an excuse to disobey traffic laws daily
            I like the idea of every POS in my territory looks over their shoulder multiple times a day worried about me
            I enjoy the warm-fuzzies when the POS calling me every name in his limited repertoire from the back seat goes through the sallyport doors

....and every once in a while I like to serve my community, help a kid, and ...... and drive cars real fast and shoot guns a LOT. Next question.
            Hmmm, instant karma. Hmmmmm, that's a nice bennie for you folks.
            Last edited by EmmaPeel; 07-22-2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FiVo3 View Post
              I did all that BEFORE I pinned on a badge...
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Back in the mid 70's I was I was in the second last year of high and I want to be a police officer. But I had one thing that stop me from making it. I was not 6 ft. You had to be 6ft and have your H.S.C. It was the something for the arm services. That was the rule for the Tasmaina police. That's where i was born. http://www.police.tas.gov.au/

In 1993 I got into Security though a church friend who had his own company and he was an ex A.F.P oficer. A.F.P means Australian Federal Police,http://www.afp.gov.au/policing/cyber...and-scams.aspx

Over years I have done 4 security courses. my career took a great turn for my last year when I got what I want out of my career. promotion to sergeant. I know this thread was about police work.

Let say this I take my career very very seriously and treat it like if I am doing LE work. In past two yeas I have had the honor of working with some very fine Police Officers.
                There are certain crimes that are simply too cruel, too sadistic, too hideous to be forgiven.”
                ― John E. Douglas, Journey Into Darkness.

6 Things you don't mess with.
                MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

MY HONOR AND THE THIN BLUE LINE

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                  i did all that before i pinned on a badge...
                  lol

Comment

Originally posted by BaseballBabe View Post
                    Do you want a smart *** answer or a serious one?
                    Both
                    MDRDEP:

Comment

I was bored and I am trying very hard to like this place again.

Over 7k posts and you now ask that question?!?
                      MDRDEP:

Comment

Damn thats sad that no one answered this but Jacob and Steve..
                        MDRDEP:

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                          lol

What's up woman.
                          MDRDEP:

Comment

I swear I am not making this up. An agency in my county had an applicant say this in his oral board interview.
                            Guess what- he did not get hired!
                            SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                            SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Since I already have a CVPI and have a set of lights and siren on order, I want to be able to use them.
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6722 users online. 357 members and 6365 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X