Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Words For Teenagers: Judge's Advice From 1959 Featured In School Newsletter Goes Vir

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Words For Teenagers: Judge's Advice From 1959 Featured In School Newsletter Goes Vir

FOLLOW: Advice For Teens, Harsh Advice To Teens, Judges Advice To Teenagers, Parenting Advice, Parenting Teenagers, Raising Teenagers, Teenager, Teenagers, Parents News
    Whether you agree with the advice or not, some no-nonsense words directed at teenagers have drawn the attention of parents and youth alike after going viral on Facebook. Posts featuring a New Zealand school newsletter clipping have well over 10,000 shares on Mix 96.7's page alone.

The advice came courtesy of a principal named John Tapene, who was quoting a judge who regularly deals with youths. The judge was aiming to answer questions in the vein of, "What can I do and where can I go?"

The gist of his answer? Get out there and do something:

Story continues below

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1776337.html
    There are certain crimes that are simply too cruel, too sadistic, too hideous to be forgiven.”
    ― John E. Douglas, Journey Into Darkness.

6 Things you don't mess with.
    MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

MY HONOR AND THE THIN BLUE LINE

"Responses to the clip include enthusiastic approval, with people saying they're going to print it out and post it on their refrigerator, as well as disproval, with others deeming it far too harsh and old-school authoritarian. (The latter could be the result of the line where the judge says stop being a cry baby and to develop a backbone instead of a wishbone.)"

-----------------------------------------------

That right there is the thinking that spawns the little disrespectful turds that I see in my store. Some of the things parents let their kids do and say these days amaze me. I'm thinking some old school parenting is just what's needed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5962 users online. 328 members and 5634 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X