300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survey: McDonald's Has the Worst Burger in America

There's nothing new about this news report.

McDonald's and burgers go hand-in-hand, like KFC and chicken or Taco Bell and burritos. Unfortunately, customers are finding these chains' signature items less than satisfying.

Customers say that the biggest fast-food chains' menu offerings are some of the worst in their categories, according to a survey by Consumer Reports.

Big names fell hard: McDonald's was judged to have the worst burger in America, KFC served up the worst chicken and Taco Bell crafted the weakest burritos. Subway ranked second to last in the sandwich category, beating out only Au Bon Pain.

Winners, unsurprisingly, represent the growing fast-casual movement. Chipotle was deemed the creator of the best burrito, and smaller chains The Habit Burger Grill and Portillo's Hot Dogs won best burger and best sandwich, respectively.

Related: U.S.A.-Belgium World Cup Game Sparks a Waffle War

Following The Habit Burger, the top burger spots all represent more upscale -- but still inexpensive -- burger chains with In-N-Out Burger, Five Guys Burgers and Fries and Smashburger ranking No. 2, 3 and 4. Chick-fil-A's move towards a more fast-casual style has also been rewarded, as the chicken chain snagged the top spot for chicken.

The rankings for the best and worst burgers, sandwiches, chicken and burritos in the U.S. were released after the product-testing magazine surveyed 32,405 subscribers, who ate 96,208 meals at 65 chains.

In some ways, comparing the products of these chains is like comparing apples and oranges. A burrito at Chipotle costs two or three times as much as a burrito from Taco Bell -- of course the quality of the product will be higher. Fast-food chains' focus isn't necessarily on creating the best product but creating a good product that is cheap and quick to make.

It may be impossible for a chain to simultaneously keep costs low and produce a top-quality product. However, with even other fast-food chains like In-N-Out, Popeyes and White Castle beating the big names at their own game, McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell and Subway need to start trying harder.
    There are certain crimes that are simply too cruel, too sadistic, too hideous to be forgiven.”
    ― John E. Douglas, Journey Into Darkness.

6 Things you don't mess with.
    MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

MY HONOR AND THE THIN BLUE LINE

I believe that the taste of food is very subjective. Personally, I don't have a problem with McDonald's.
    Retired

Comment

I prefer the filet-o-fish anyway.

But at any rate, I think this is BS. Burgers at Sonic are WAY worse!
      "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
      -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
        I believe that the taste of food is very subjective. Personally, I don't have a problem with McDonald's.
        You don't have a problem with McDonald's because I don't think there are any In n Out burgers in Washington....
        Retired LASD

Comment

I would have thought that churches served up the worst chicken.

Comment

Portillo's started here in the Chi area and have about 30 or so restaurants here and a few in Ca. and Az. Real "rags to riches" story, as he started out with a hot dog stand in the west burbs in the 60's and built it to what it is today. They are good and if you come here wanting a "Chicago Style beef sandwich" or "Chi style hot dog," but don't know which neighborhood joints are good, you can't go wrong with Portillos. Oh yeah, BTW, coppers would get a break on the food, too.

Disclaimer: The above poster is in no way affiliated with or has been given any monetary payment for the above review.
            Last edited by ChiTownDet; 07-03-2014, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
              You don't have a problem with McDonald's because I don't think there are any In n Out burgers in Washington....
              Very true, there are no In-N-Out in Washington. But when I visit S. Cal, I always have one or two.
              Retired

Comment

The meat is garbage, you have to build up a tolerance in order to not feel sick afterwards. I apparently don't have that tolerance. Even with no fries. I think there's going to be a sin tax added soon.

Comment

While I always have a taste for a burger, every couple weeks I almost submit to my desires by stopping at a McDonald's for satisfaction. Thankfully, I have impulse control and go to a place that actually has beef in their burgers instead.
                  “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

Mcdonalds taste like garbage. That's not surprise they got last.

I went to KFC a few months back to try their new boneless chicken. I damn near threw up after eating that.

Chic-fil-a is awesome. That is no surprise they won the chicken category.

Smashburger is good.

The best burgers and chicken sandwiches are the ones I home cook. Restaurants aint got nothing on my home cooking.

Comment

McDonalds and KFC Are not all that much better back in OZ land . Burger king here is in OZ land but trading as hungry jacks http://www.hungryjacks.com.au/menu are just good in both places. But you want a great burger head this way . We have Toms, Hardees, JD's now that's place where you get a great burger for your money. than there's this place http://www.culvers.com/menu-and-nutrition/

The best burgers I have had here are at JD's and the monster burger from Hardees.
                      There are certain crimes that are simply too cruel, too sadistic, too hideous to be forgiven.”
                      ― John E. Douglas, Journey Into Darkness.

6 Things you don't mess with.
                      MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

MY HONOR AND THE THIN BLUE LINE

Comment

No one should be surprised by the results.
                        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by steve354 View Post
                          There's nothing new about this news report.

McDonald's and burgers go hand-in-hand, like KFC and chicken or Taco Bell and burritos. Unfortunately, customers are finding these chains' signature items less than satisfying.

Customers say that the biggest fast-food chains' menu offerings are some of the worst in their categories, according to a survey by Consumer Reports.

Big names fell hard: McDonald's was judged to have the worst burger in America, KFC served up the worst chicken and Taco Bell crafted the weakest burritos. Subway ranked second to last in the sandwich category, beating out only Au Bon Pain.

Winners, unsurprisingly, represent the growing fast-casual movement. Chipotle was deemed the creator of the best burrito, and smaller chains The Habit Burger Grill and Portillo's Hot Dogs won best burger and best sandwich, respectively.

Related: U.S.A.-Belgium World Cup Game Sparks a Waffle War

Following The Habit Burger, the top burger spots all represent more upscale -- but still inexpensive -- burger chains with In-N-Out Burger, Five Guys Burgers and Fries and Smashburger ranking No. 2, 3 and 4. Chick-fil-A's move towards a more fast-casual style has also been rewarded, as the chicken chain snagged the top spot for chicken.

The rankings for the best and worst burgers, sandwiches, chicken and burritos in the U.S. were released after the product-testing magazine surveyed 32,405 subscribers, who ate 96,208 meals at 65 chains.

In some ways, comparing the products of these chains is like comparing apples and oranges. A burrito at Chipotle costs two or three times as much as a burrito from Taco Bell -- of course the quality of the product will be higher. Fast-food chains' focus isn't necessarily on creating the best product but creating a good product that is cheap and quick to make.

It may be impossible for a chain to simultaneously keep costs low and produce a top-quality product. However, with even other fast-food chains like In-N-Out, Popeyes and White Castle beating the big names at their own game, McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell and Subway need to start trying harder.
                          I am always sorry that I ate it.

Comment

KFC also has the worst 'Sweet Tea' that I've ever tasted. Tastes nothing like any tea of any discription and more like something that wolud generate a full HAZMAT assignment if more than a gallon or so was spilled.

Hardees and Wendy's burgers both beat the stuffing out of Macdonalds. I go by one of all three on the way to work and if I get a hankerin' for a burger, I hit either Hardees or Wendy's . Mickey-Dees is where I go if I'm running late, and need to pick up something quick and cheap.

I also pass a Chick-Fil-A as well...they are legitimately awesome and get a fair amount of my business as well. I wouldn't turn in to a KFC's parking lot to turn around, much less buy anything.

On the subject of tea...Hardees and Chick-Fil-A both have awesome Sweet Tea.

Comment

I'll still eat it! Love the McChicken and the Double Cheeseburgers
                              Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                              USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                              "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                              Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3560 users online. 191 members and 3369 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X