300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Court Rules Obamacare Violates First Amendment

Oooops. Today Supreme Court rules Obamacare violates First Amendment in the Hobby Lobby Case.

LOL

What's next? If you work for a company owned by Jehovah's Witnesses your medical insurance won't cover blood transfusion?

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
      Oooops. Today Supreme Court rules Obamacare violates First Amendment in the Hobby Lobby Case.

LOL

His agenda is crumbling, as will (hopefully) his administration. Just waiting for more of the big news outlets to turn on him- then things will get interesting.
      SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
      SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post

LOL

I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

hehehehehehehe.
          Attached Files
          SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
          SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

The ironic back story:

1990: "In rejecting the men's claim that Oregon's law barring peyote use under all circumstances violates their religious freedom, Justice Antonin Scalia, in writing for the majority, said that the First Amendment freedom of religion does not allow individuals to break the law: "We have never held that an individual's beliefs excuse him from compliance with an otherwise valid law prohibiting conduct that the state is free to regulate." He said it would be "courting anarchy" to create exceptions every time a religious group claims that a law infringes on its practices."

In response, the Religious Freedom Restoration Act http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religio...estoration_act was passed.

Then Citizens United http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen...ion_Commission paved the way for this ruling.

In my eyes, we should be giving contraceptives away on every street corner. Unwanted pregnancies are way too easy to avoid in this day and age, and their results often end up costing the rest of society far more than their prevention would have. But, then again, I don't believe that Obamacare was constitutional to begin within.

Comment

The left is throwing a hissy fit that was as predictable as the sun rising... color me surprised

Comment

Originally posted by RSGSRT View Post
                The left is throwing a hissy fit that was as predictable as the sun rising... color me surprised
                Yup, and expect the whole "War on Women" narrative to be racheted up to, well beyond eleven.
                It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post

In my eyes, we should be giving contraceptives away on every street corner. Unwanted pregnancies are way too easy to avoid in this day and age, and their results often end up costing the rest of society far more than their prevention would have. But, then again, I don't believe that Obamacare was constitutional to begin within.
                  It's a two way street. It's not just the women's responsibility to use contraception. The guy could use a condom too. Or, like I stated before. Sometimes it's better for the bedsheets to be the recipient than mommy. In the long run, bedsheets can be run through the laundry, not society.

Or, you know, you could practice restraint.
                  I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                    ...Or, you know, you could practice restraint.
                    That sounds like a nice option on paper. The real world result will look something like this:

Comment

That sounds like a nice option on paper. The real world result will look something like this:
                      On that beach, sure. But we have managed without forcing employers to pay for birth control before somehow. Is it so unaffordable? Why should we all have to pay? And we all do, even Hobby Lobby. It's factored in to the cost of the plans, so they're paying anyway. This changes nothing on our march to collectivism as Americans increasingly lose the ability to think and assume responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                        On that beach, sure. But we have managed without forcing employers to pay for birth control before somehow. Is it so unaffordable? Why should we all have to pay? And we all do, even Hobby Lobby. It's factored in to the cost of the plans, so they're paying anyway. This changes nothing on our march to collectivism as Americans increasingly lose the ability to think and assume responsibility.
                        The War on Women propaganda machine is the dopiest movement I've seen in a very long time, and it takes a breathtakingly stupid person (men and women) to believe it.

This decision was very narrow. It didn't take a woman's right to contraception away in the least. Their health plan offered something like 20 different types of contraception. Four of them caused abortions. This ruling only removed those 4 for this CLOSELY HELD corporation. The people being imposed on were these evangelicals who have extremely strongly held beliefs about abortion. Duh.

Hobby Lobby's health plan still offers the other 16, which the company outright pays for. And Hobby Lobby isn't stopping one damn person from going to buy them at the store or get for free at Planned Parenthood.

Now let's watch how many dumba**es, starting with Hillary Clinton, completely twist the facts as if this stopped women from doing anything.

It was the owner's rights being stomped on, not someone's right to get contraception.

Comment

Aside from care for someone injured on the job, I don't feel like Hobby Lobby should be compelled to provide any form of coverage. I'm all for small government, I just feel like far too many stupid humans are breeding at far too high of a rate. One of the things I have the least of a problem with the government 'providing' is birth control and\or surgical sterilizations.

Comment

Aside from care for someone injured on the job, I don't feel like Hobby Lobby should be compelled to provide any form of coverage. I'm all for small government, I just feel like far too many stupid humans are breeding at far too high of a rate. One of the things I have the least of a problem with the government 'providing' is birth control and\or surgical sterilizations.
                            Maybe we should fund South America as well?

Comment

Maybe we should fund South America as well?
                              It would eventually save us far more than it would cost us.

An interesting read: http://www.amazon.com/Too-Smart-our-...9179996&sr=1-1

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-Ge...es-Nature.html

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5598 users online. 340 members and 5258 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X