300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We rustled Kim Jong-un's jimmies!

Woo we did it! I actually thought NK would just pretend they didn't see this video cause of all their censorship. But I'm glad it envoked a response from them! Kind of hypocritical though that they release a stupid cheap animated movie of the US gettin firebombed but the moment we do the same to them it rustles some jimmies.

North Korea has threatened to reap "merciless" retaliation on the USA if they do not ban Seth Rogen and James Franco’s forthcoming comedy, The Interview.

The government issued a statement about the film, in which the actors star as two journalists ordered by the CIA to assassinate Kim Jong-un, saying that the country considered the movie "an act of war" and a "wanton act of terror". He also labelled Rogen a "gangster filmmaker".

Published by state-run KCNA news agency, the foreign ministry spokesperson said: "The act of making and screening such a movie that portrays an attack on our top leadership... is a most wanton act of terror and act of war, and is absolutely intolerable."

Failure to stop the release of the film on 14 October in the US would, he said, result in a "resolute and merciless response" from the country.

The statement follows that of unofficial North Korean spokesperson Kim Myong-chol’s earlier this week.

Speaking to The Telegraph, Myong-chol said: "There is a special irony in this story line as it shows the desperation of the US government and American society.

"A film about the assassination of a foreign leader mirrors what the US has done in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Ukraine.

"And let us not forget who killed [President John F.] Kennedy – Americans. In fact, President [Barack] Obama should be careful in case the US military wants to kill him as well."

Neither The White House, nor Rogen and Franco themselves, have issued an official response to North Korea's position.

However, Rogen didn’t seem too riled by the initial reaction to The Interview’s plotline if this Twitter post is anything to go by:

Apparently Kim Jong Un plans on watching #TheInterview. I hope he likes it!! http://t.co/5VrsgYlydE

Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) June 20, 2014
    Source:: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...m-9562426.html

What a surprising development, the concept of free speech seems to completely elude them.

Comment

This tirade after all those accolades they gave us over the sensitive portrayal we gave of their Beloved Leader Kim Jong Il in "Team America: World Police"?

They should ask South Korea to take them over. Prosperity. No more DMZ. No more starvation. No more totalitarianism. No more excessive military expenditures. And the list goes on.

Comment

Anyone want to lay odds on Obama's position on the issue? I mean, it WAS an indie movie that caused the Benghazi attack to happen amirite? /s/

It's really too bad we don't have political leadership who is able to throw down the gauntlet. Call that MFs bluff. How many times do they need to "accidentally" attack us or our allies before someone remembers that we are STILL AT WAR with N Korea and go in and end this schit decisively.

Most of us know that if you don't knock the smack talking bully down, eventually he's gonna stick a shiv in your back when you least expect it.

Comment

They should ask South Korea to take them over. Prosperity. No more DMZ. No more starvation. No more totalitarianism. No more excessive military expenditures. And the list goes on.
          Your ignorance of world affairs matches your ignorance of everything else.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by JustAJ View Post
            . How many times do they need to "accidentally" attack us or our allies before someone remembers that we are STILL AT WAR with N Korea and go in and end this schit decisively.

Most of us know that if you don't knock the smack talking bully down, eventually he's gonna stick a shiv in your back when you least expect it.
            So how many times has North Korea attacked us and our allies, and do you really want a war with North Korea? I'm guessing that if we attacked them, our loss of American life would be huge.
            Retired

Comment

Retired, I respect your opinion and agree with you on a great many number of issues.

If I am not mistaken, we are still technically "at war" with NK. NK has attacked the United States once: The USS Pubelo Incident.

There are something like 20,000 US combat troops stationed along the DMZ. It is one of two places where the US has actively deployed landmines.

The best estimates are a lot of people will die if another land war breaks out on the Korean Peninsula.

I think Kim Jung Un is just upset and trying to maintain the "tough man" image he has to in order to keep the country together.
              Last edited by RGDS; 06-27-2014, 09:59 PM.
              semper destravit

Comment

We wouldnt be just fighting N Korea. China has a huge say in it also as their ally.

Comment

Hello Retired

I used to support this theater when I was stationed in Hawaii a long time ago and have lot of strong opinons about it. Don't even have the energy to get into it because of all other messes spiraling downward now. You are right to be concerned about us being spread too thin. jd's right about China being a key participant.

The only point I'd like to make is there are many of us who believe very strongly in the principle that weakness invites aggression. The bad actors around the world watch how we respond to blatant aggression or lawlessness of other bad actors.

I'd argue that's why our whole for policy situation is spiraling out of control just about everywhere around the globe. For example, expect Putin to take advantage of our weakness any time soon.....

Comment

If Obama had a grocer in LA......
                    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Oh, Kim Jong whatever is pizzed at us...again?

I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier
                        Your ignorance of world affairs matches your ignorance of everything else.
                        Did you read the post? I don't think it demonstrates ignorance. It was intended as humor.

In all seriousness -- most defections worldwide are from communist totalitarian countries to non-communist non-totalitarian countries -- not the other way around.

Are you aware that South Koreans near border areas make sure to bury their dead extra deep to make sure starving NKs don't grab them up for food?

Even people here who think I'm ignorant about some things don't think I'm ignorant of "everything else".

Comment

I just want to say that I hope the little porkchop with the funny haircut* has an apoplectic (as in hemorrhagic) moment over it and mistakenly receives tPA (which his country probably doesn't have anyway), thereby clearing the way for some other mope to be "Dear Leader."

*The guy on the left in these images:
                          what-do-you-mean-that-wasnt-president-obama.jpg
                          Last edited by RR_Security; 06-29-2014, 03:15 PM.
                          --
                          Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                            And exactly where did you get my patented formula for metric wood screw conversions come from?

Comment

Nah, that looks more like the inside of a woman's mind...
                              I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5716 users online. 312 members and 5404 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X