300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashlights

This will be second one in about 18 months. What i have now is a Led Lenser MT7. over the last few months it seems to have lost of it's brigantines regardless of the batter i use.

Now I have just order this one from eBay. http://www.nitecore.com/productDetai...0#.U6jr5_ldWy4

Question Has one ever heard this brand before or even used this light.
    Two things I like about it it's rechargeable the other is beam 236 meters _ 774 feet.
    There are certain crimes that are simply too cruel, too sadistic, too hideous to be forgiven.”
    ― John E. Douglas, Journey Into Darkness.

6 Things you don't mess with.
    MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

MY HONOR AND THE THIN BLUE LINE

I would try a beer batter with a little less flour and add some bread crumbs

Comment

There is a review here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...R123A-)-Review

It says there that the turbo mode (maximum brightness of 860 lumens) drops down by about 40%, after 3 minutes, which is a design feature that is supposedly not mentioned in the manual. That might be something to be aware of. The USB charging cable sounds like a good idea.
      https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Originally posted by steve354 View Post

Question Has one ever heard this brand before or even used this light.
        Two things I like about it it's rechargeable the other is beam 236 meters _ 774 feet.
        From what I read, it uses the Cree brand LED, I know I did a lot of research on LED light bulbs for my art gallery light fixtures, I was especially impressed by Cree bulbs and reviews on them, as well as a site that did a complete tear-down of a Cree bulb and explained, reviewed and disected every component in it.
        I have 2 Cree bulbs that are on 24/7 and were first turned on in October 2012 and they are still functioning perfectly, I think you will be very happy with any bulbs made by Cree, I can't say anthing about the flashlight itself though, but I might buy one of these.

The Nitecore MH25 on Amazon is $73, with free shipping, it has 84 customer reviews with 66 of them rated 5 stars, 9 are rated 4 stars, 4 rated 3 stars and 5 are rated 1 star, but with the 1 star reviews you find stupid ones like this, obviously there was a problem with his order from the SELLER, not the flashlight itself, it may have been damaged or maybe it had been returned and resold:

"The package was torn and the flashlight looked like it was used when it arrived. It worked when I first tried it but on the second night it would not work. I sent it back and received a refund. I bought a Sure Fire light instead and am very happy with that."
        I'd say it seems to be an awesome flashlight.
        Last edited by Sculptor; 07-03-2014, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Save yourself the headaches. Go buy yourself a "Surefire" brand flashlight and never have any worries again. Once you decide which Surefire light is for you, buy a spare. If one ever breaks, and you need to send it in for free repair, you will have the spare to use. It may be a bit more expensive than what you're accustomed to, but in our industry, when you need your light, you need it to work. I've used all kinds of brands and swear by my Surefire lights. If you want something a bit less expensive, yet durable and dependable, my "Fenix" brand lights have performed pretty well considering the stress I put my equipment through.

Good luck!
          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I wonder if Brittney_birdy has any input on flashlights?
            I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Maybe that Fenix is even better, at least this one seems to be:

Fenix PD35 850 Lumen CREE XM-L2 U2 LED Tactical Flashlight with Two EdisonBright CR123A Lithium Batteries.
              Cree XM-L 2 (U2) LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
              Uses one 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery or two 3V CR123A Lithium batteries
              850-lumen maximum output
              The Surefire I just looked at don't seem to have a very high output, this Fenix is $69.97 with free shipping, it also has 142 reviews on Amazon with 124 of them being 5 star ratings, 11 four star, I definitely added this to my "wish list" there to look at again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                And don't forget Super-Secret Ultra-Clandestine Double-Nought Ninja Conservators Of The Peace...surely they know what flashlight to buy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sculptor View Post
                  Maybe that Fenix is even better, at least this one seems to be:

The Surefire I just looked at don't seem to have a very high output, this Fenix is $69.97 with free shipping, it also has 142 reviews on Amazon with 124 of them being 5 star ratings, 11 four star, I definitely added this to my "wish list" there to look at again.
                  My primary light is a Fenix P3D
                  Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I've heard good things about both Fenix and Streamlight.

My new flashlight is from Streamlight.
                    Super Secret Ninja Squirrel
                    "SSNS"

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                      My primary light is a Fenix P3D
                      Looks like you have a winner there, it has 145 reviews on Amazon, one with a video says:

In this video, the Fenix PD35 is the first flashlight I use. The 2nd light is an EagleTac SX25A6 (1305 lumens) and the 3rd light is a Streamlight SL20L (350 Lumens).

The Fenix PD35 is amazing. At barley 5' in length, it throws a hot 850 lumens. I have several brands of flashlights but out of all of them, I prefer Fenix. Durable, long lasting, worth every penny. The spill on this light is crazy wide. In the video, the shed being lit up is about 30ish yards away. You can see that the spill lights up several yards on both sides of the shed. This makes a great light for lighting up large areas within eye view. I am LEO and when I use it to light up a room or car, I can see everything without drastically having to move my light. I 100% recommend this light
                      I'm tired of cheap JUNK flashlights you know? I'm going to get this one.
                      I went to the ATM late the other night and I couldn't see the buttons even and wished I even had a flashlight at all with me.
                      Last edited by Sculptor; 07-06-2014, 04:24 AM.

Comment

The Fenix P3D goes practically everywhere with me on and off duty. I've carried it for nearly 5 years and have little issues other than changing the batteries about once a month. Then again I do work a lot at night so burning batteries does seem justified.

Comment

You shouldn't even settle for a Surefire. When lives are on the line, nothing short of a Fleshlight brand flashlight will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                            She knows a friend who knows a person who's gardener, who has a son who knows someone goes to camping all the time so that makes her expert in the subject of a flash light... Just like she claimed that she has experience in Iraq as she knew someone who was there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5496 users online. 304 members and 5192 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X