X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Originally posted by JasperST View Post
    I sure hope you're right but you are relying on facts and reason. With all that's going on these days the top story this morning on CBS was the tenth anniversary of the defense of marriage act being shot down by the supremes.
    LOL, and on CNN......I monitored till half past the hour and then stopped......all they thought was news today was the big soccer match. More and more people are starting to tune them out....or at least go to other outlets such as the internet (i.e.Twitter), radio, or Fox to get their news. In fact there is no filter on Twitter and the photos shown on internationial issues are breathtaking in their rawness.

CNN and MSNBC both keep dropping in ratings. But they don't care. Their goal is not news....it's advocacy. Except they're reaching less and less people each month.

Leave a comment:

• JasperST
    replied
    Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
    However the tide is turning. I know the polls have been showing a growing number of Americans wanting Congress to keep investigating this IRS scandal so I went to find some stats for this thread and came across a really good video that summarizes the stats/situation/polls really well. Feel free to become a citizen journalist and get the word out to your networks.

Also other news yesterday. Haven't had time to talk about my fav subject, the economy, to mention 1rst Q GDP was revised DOWN to a negative 3% - proving liberal, big spending Keysnian economic approach is also a disaster.

We are a 17 trillion dollar economy. For it to actually CONTRACT by 3% (multiply 17Trillion x .03) is definitely caused by a lot more than just the weather that libs are claiming. Weather can affect GDP -we've had winters and bad weather for ions- but not enough to push it into NEGATIVE GDP.

And this isn't just negative territory. This is a shrinking by 3 whole percentage points. As in 3% of a $17 trillion dollar economy.

Anyone who's telling you it's the weather...and in some cases even more stupidly saying because of Obamacare.....needs to be nixed as a reliable source of information on the economy.
    I sure hope you're right but you are relying on facts and reason. With all that's going on these days the top story this morning on CBS was the tenth anniversary of the defense of marriage act being shot down by the supremes.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Originally posted by Cannady View Post
    Problem is, if they stick to their lies and the emails never come out, the liberal press is not going to go after him like the media outlets did Nixon. The other thing about all of this is, Obama is too arrogant to resign and based on congress' recent history, they wouldn't impeach him.
    Originally posted by JasperST View Post
    I agree with Cannady. The big difference is that Nixon was a Republican and Obama a Democrat. There will be no media pressure, the fence sitters won't be demanding Obama to step down and the right knows better. Covering up for them and highlighting problems on the right, even trumped up ones is a big part of the left's playbook. That's why we are where we are today. TV rules and sound bites are about the limit of most Americans' attention span.
    Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
    There are enough "influential" people in his camp that nothing will happen to him. He still has enough of the media, celebrities, and people with money, and enough Kool aid drinkers that they won't see the reality. And even if he was in trouble, he and/or his cronies would play the race card. The race baiters will come out if the woodworks. And there will be enough idiots with "white guilt" that they will cave.
    I certainly understand your cynicism, gentlemen. Boy, do I understand. I've been having this "have faith" debate with all my military, LE, and conservative friends for about 3 years now, and I'm always outnumbered.

However the tide is turning. I know the polls have been showing a growing number of Americans wanting Congress to keep investigating this IRS scandal so I went to find some stats for this thread and came across a really good video that summarizes the stats/situation/polls really well. Feel free to become a citizen journalist and get the word out to your networks.

Also other news yesterday. Haven't had time to talk about my fav subject, the economy, to mention 1rst Q GDP was revised DOWN to a negative 3% - proving liberal, big spending Keysnian economic approach is also a disaster.

We are a 17 trillion dollar economy. For it to actually CONTRACT by 3% (multiply 17Trillion x .03) is definitely caused by a lot more than just the weather that libs are claiming. Weather can affect GDP -we've had winters and bad weather for ions- but not enough to push it into NEGATIVE GDP.

And this isn't just negative territory. This is a shrinking by 3 whole percentage points. As in 3% of a $17 trillion dollar economy.

Anyone who's telling you it's the weather...and in some cases even more stupidly saying because of Obamacare.....needs to be nixed as a reliable source of information on the economy.
    Last edited by EmmaPeel; 06-26-2014, 09:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy8116
    replied
    There are enough "influential" people in his camp that nothing will happen to him. He still has enough of the media, celebrities, and people with money, and enough Kool aid drinkers that they won't see the reality. And even if he was in trouble, he and/or his cronies would play the race card. The race baiters will come out if the woodworks. And there will be enough idiots with "white guilt" that they will cave.

Leave a comment:

• JasperST
    replied
    I agree with Cannady. The big difference is that Nixon was a Republican and Obama a Democrat. There will be no media pressure, the fence sitters won't be demanding Obama to step down and the right knows better. Covering up for them and highlighting problems on the right, even trumped up ones is a big part of the left's playbook. That's why we are where we are today. TV rules and sound bites are about the limit of most Americans' attention span.

Leave a comment:

• Cannady
    replied
    Problem is, if they stick to their lies and the emails never come out, the liberal press is not going to go after him like the media outlets did Nixon. The other thing about all of this is, Obama is too arrogant to resign and based on congress' recent history, they wouldn't impeach him.

Leave a comment:

• slamdunc
    replied
    Originally posted by Rettroop View Post
    I can only hope so. What were people thinking when they voted for this tool?
    They were looking for a change and a change they got; not for the better. When he was elected to his first term, Mr. Obama was merely a symbol of everything that George Bush was not. Bush got a turd sandwich early on in his administration and whatever good he could have possibly done was overshadowed by the crappy economy and 911.

Leave a comment:

• Rettroop
    replied
    I can only hope so. What were people thinking when they voted for this tool?
    Ain't gonna happen, but I can hope so.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    started a topic Prediction - Parallels Between Nixon and Obama

Prediction - Parallels Between Nixon and Obama

Anyone who's studied the Watergate years will recognize a similar pattern with President Obama's current woes.

The wheels are coming off his Presidency because the screw ups can't be hidden...and they keep increasing.

VA Scandal, Iraq debacle, Outting of CIA Chief of Station, Putin mess, Syria, drawing fake red lines , Bergdahl/5 Taliban released, NSA, AP emails, Fast &Furious, southern border a mess....sh*t, I can't even keep up with all of them. But the thing that's about to take him down - in my opinion - is going to be the IRS email destruction COVERUP.

The reason I equate it to the Nixon years is because early on, Nixon got away with the same thing Obama and his allies have been getting away with - basically claiming opponents are partisan and conspiracy nuts.

And Nixon almost succeeded, just as Obama has almost succeeded with the help of the corrupt press.

But.......against all the claims that accusers were nuts, eventually they found the smoking gun with Nixon. That was the tapes.

Alas, anyone that doesn't think these missing IRS emails aren't the smoking gun of a coverup with the Obama Administration just isn't paying attention.

I predict this is the issue that will doom him.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5621 users online. 311 members and 5310 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X