Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 Win
    replied
    I used to say it took 2 days to recover from a good night at work and now it takes 2 days to recover from mowing my yard!!

Leave a comment:

• Sculptor
    replied
    Originally posted by steve354 View Post
    Have you made an appointment to see the Chiropractic. ?? He will put you back in shape.
    I used to go to a chiro as I've had occasional back pain, bad enough at times I couldn't bend over without pain, but the scary part was the last time I went I went for neck pain.
    It started when I was sitting in my chair at the computer and one of my dogs kind of came up behind and climbed up the back of the chair and had her paws on my shoulder and was "tusseling" my hair in play, that bent my head forward with my chin almost touching my chest when I felt a sudden SHARP almost electric like pain in my neck twice, but it went away.
    Some time later my right elbow started hurting really badly, like someone had whacked it with a hammer, and some finger tips were numb, my neck itself didn't hurt a bit! I went to the chiro twice that day with NO change at all, so I went to the hospital as the pain was really intense in my elbow, and I couldn't sit down without making it worse.

After an $1800 MRI they found I had a ruptured disk in my neck! thankfully the chiro doctor didn't do that neck snap thing they usually do, because neither of us knew I actually had a ruptured disk not a muscle strain or something out of alignment, that treatment by the chiro could have had serious consequences.

The doctor said the condition would self heal in 8-12 weeks (it did) with traction early on and therapy, but I was unable to sit down in a chair for all those weeks because that position made the pain worse!

I guess the lesson to be learned is use extreme caution if there is back/neck pain- maybe the first course of action with a new pain is a medical checkup first to be sure it's not a ruptured or slipped disk before doing any chiro work!

As I found out the hard way last year with another large dog- he had what is called a fibrocartilagenous embolism- some of the disk material somehow wound up getting into the blood vessel in the spine and it caused a blockage, that blockage of the blood in that vessel caused complete paralysis of his back end- both legs, tail, urinary and bowel became non functional all because a pencil point sized bit of disk material entered a vital blood vessel in the spine- scary!
    Last edited by Sculptor; 07-03-2014, 09:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shush
    replied
    Originally posted by BNWS View Post
    Now when I meet my old friends and coworkers the conversations tend to be about medical conditions and comparing medication.
    Yeah I have friends that are 20 years younger than me. Sometimes I am just in a foul mood and they ask whats wrong, and I say "well, I wasn't able to take a dump this morning." They don't get why that's such a big deal. But their day is coming.

Leave a comment:

• RR_Security
    replied
    Originally posted by BNWS View Post
    Now when I meet my old friends and coworkers the conversations tend to be about medical conditions and comparing medication.
    Reminded me of this: "I get my exercise acting as a pallbearer to my friends who exercise." -- Chauncey Depew

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
    What, in the bathroom at your parents' house to pictures in the Sears catalog?
    "Oh, s***, that's cold." -- Det. Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy), Beverly Hills Cop

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
    Only thing young left is,I still masturbate like I'm 12 yeasr old
    What, in the bathroom at your parents' house to pictures in the Sears catalog?

Leave a comment:

• BNWS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    ^^^^^ Truth

Leave a comment:

• RR_Security
    replied
    Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
    ... I gave you a like
    No! Liking it just encourages him.
    That's another thing about old people: They tend to "share" stuff most bystanders would rather not know.
    "Ehh, I think I just farted. Or at least I hope it was just a fart . . . "
    Walter_STHU.png

Last edited by RR_Security; 06-29-2014, 02:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GoldBadge
    replied
    Originally posted by jcioccke View Post

... I gave you a like

Leave a comment:

• GoldBadge
    replied
    Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
    Yeah, but you don't remember any of it.

or sorry...

YEAH, BUT YOU DON'T REMEMBER ANY OF IT.

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    as an editors note- Those who know me on this thread are not suprised by that post. I'm worst on FB. Of course there I would get 15 likes lol

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    Originally posted by Shush View Post
    Real life conversation with my doc:

Me: "Doc, I pulled something in my back. It really hurts"
    Doc: "Well tell me what you did Saturday night...)" (knowing that I worked Sat night)
    Me: "well, Saturday night was slow for the most part. We did try to serve a warrant and the guy ran, we chased around half the county until he ran out of gas, we were going about 5 mph when I bailed out of the passenger side and foot chased about 200 yards until I tackled him to the ground, cuffed him, and got him in the car. But my back wasn't hurting when I got off work."
    Doc: "well - what about Sunday?"
    Me: "I was off Sunday, I did yard work."

Ran down a guy and tackled him from behind, we rolled, we tussled, finally got him cuffed. But I've been sidelined by a dang weedeater.
    Bro, I threw myback out once sneezing. WTF?

Leave a comment:

• So Fla Cop
    replied
    Originally posted by RR_Security View Post
    ^^^ Just the fact that we know the name of the guy in your avatar indicates that some of us are "getting up there" in age.
    I never heard of Joe Friday.

Leave a comment:

• So Fla Cop
    replied
    Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
    I went to school for four years and I'm not a doctor.
    Yeah, but you don't remember any of it.

or sorry...

YEAH, BUT YOU DON'T REMEMBER ANY OF IT.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4758 users online. 297 members and 4461 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X