X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It sucks to get old!

Real life conversation with my doc:

Me: "Doc, I pulled something in my back. It really hurts"
    Doc: "Well tell me what you did Saturday night...)" (knowing that I worked Sat night)
    Me: "well, Saturday night was slow for the most part. We did try to serve a warrant and the guy ran, we chased around half the county until he ran out of gas, we were going about 5 mph when I bailed out of the passenger side and foot chased about 200 yards until I tackled him to the ground, cuffed him, and got him in the car. But my back wasn't hurting when I got off work."
    Doc: "well - what about Sunday?"
    Me: "I was off Sunday, I did yard work."

Ran down a guy and tackled him from behind, we rolled, we tussled, finally got him cuffed. But I've been sidelined by a dang weedeater.

I've almost disabled myself just getting dressed for work.

Comment

"Old" is when any body part that doesn't hurt probably doesn't work, either.
      --
      Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post
        Real life conversation with my doc:

Me: "Doc, I pulled something in my back. It really hurts"
        Doc: "Well tell me what you did Saturday night...)" (knowing that I worked Sat night)
        Me: "well, Saturday night was slow for the most part. We did try to serve a warrant and the guy ran, we chased around half the county until he ran out of gas, we were going about 5 mph when I bailed out of the passenger side and foot chased about 200 yards until I tackled him to the ground, cuffed him, and got him in the car. But my back wasn't hurting when I got off work."
        Doc: "well - what about Sunday?"
        Me: "I was off Sunday, I did yard work."

Ran down a guy and tackled him from behind, we rolled, we tussled, finally got him cuffed. But I've been sidelined by a dang weedeater.

Have you made an appointment to see the Chiropractic. ?? He will put you back in shape.
        There are certain crimes that are simply too cruel, too sadistic, too hideous to be forgiven.”
        ― John E. Douglas, Journey Into Darkness.

6 Things you don't mess with.
        MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

MY HONOR AND THE THIN BLUE LINE

Comment

Originally posted by steve354 View Post
          Have you made an appointment to see the Chiropractic. ?? He will put you back in shape.
          Nah it's fine, just pulled a shoulder muscle a little bit fighting with my weedeater. It's already better, I was actually going to the doc for my yearly tune up, and decided to mention the back thing to him. It's already getting better. It just struck me as funny that the job is 100 times more brutal, but its when you let your guard down that you have injury.

Comment

Originally posted by RR_Security View Post
            "Old" is when any body part that doesn't hurt probably doesn't work, either.
            I woke up once and crawled out of bed, my wife said "hey!! your knees didn't sound like rice krispies!!"

I said "call 911, it probably means I died in my sleep...."

Comment

Getting old does suck, but it still beats the alternative lol. In my 20's I fell down, bounced back up, dusted myself off and I was back in the game.
              In my 30's, I fell down, got up a little slower, eased back into the game and was sore the next morning.
              In my 40's, I fell down , things broke or tore and I was out of the game for a few days.
              I am now 50 and I try like Hell to not fall down in the first place.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

You know your old when you hurt your back when you sneeze.
                Last edited by BNWS; 06-23-2014, 04:18 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
                  Getting old does suck, but it still beats the alternative lol.
                  Yes it does suck

But you know what---------------------My 2 partners and I are "officially" retired. But guess what--------the 'senior' of us is still a certified deputy and works shifts on the road when nobody else wants to or calls in sick

I work my court shifts, transport shifts and when the SHTF----I get called to cover for the "youngsters" in the jail. PLUS traipse around after the Grandson/son

My other partner covers for me when i can't work the court...............

I have parts that don't work like they used to-------places that ache that never did before-----but I keep going because I don't want to be the alternative.
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I got a new weed trimmer recently, and put a Grass Gator on it to tackle taller/heavier stuff. That rasslin' match is equal to or worse than most of what I do at work, too.

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
                    Getting old does suck, but it still beats the alternative lol.
                    Yeah, we basically have only a weekly newspaper around here, so it makes it harder to look in the obituaries and see if I should still be up motorin' around.

I am now 50 and I try like Hell to not fall down in the first place.
                    At least we're all still a long ways from when we might need help to get back up. I imagine that would really suck. The closest I've come to that was a few years ago while walking the dog in winter weather. The damn dog trotted off and left me.

We have all kinds of tripping hazards where I work, so it gives me another reason for my personal "no foot pursuits" policy. If I encounter a group of trespassers who seem like they're looking around for escape routes, I just say "If anybody's thinking about running, just remember that while I might not catch all of you, I will catch at least one of you. You don't want to be 'that one'."
                    --
                    Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

I know I'm getting older. Most of the names in my "black book" all end with "MD" now.

Comment

Originally posted by steve354 View Post
                        Chiropractors can't fix soft tissue injuries like tears and ruptures. They're not real doctors.
                        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post
                          Nah it's fine, just pulled a shoulder muscle a little bit fighting with my weedeater. It's already better, I was actually going to the doc for my yearly tune up, and decided to mention the back thing to him. It's already getting better. It just struck me as funny that the job is 100 times more brutal, but its when you let your guard down that you have injury.
                          Sometimes it takes a day or so for injuries to show up. Doing yard work the day after just brought forth the aches.

I like ice packs for aches such as these. Motrin or Aleeve or Tylenol will help you move better.
                          Originally posted by JasperST
                          "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
                          It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

In law enforcement, its very often not the age, but the mileage......
                            SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                            SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                              Chiropractors can't fix soft tissue injuries like tears and ruptures. They're not real doctors.
                              Dentists can't fix those either, I guess they aren't real doctors.

...and a chiro CAN do a lot for soft tissue injuries.
                              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4000 users online. 258 members and 3742 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X