300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President to make iraq announcement at 12:30 est

This thread just meant to be an alert, not meant to be for discussion. It's just a heads up to anyone who might want to tune into the President's statement on Iraq at 12:30 EST, where I anticipate him formally announcing our move back into Iraq. Regardless of how small it sounds now, we're going back in. And there WILL be mission creep.

(We can continue discussion in the bigger thread instead of this one.)

Dayumm, I put that thread title in all caps....so much for good intentions....lol

Comment

Loved the comment Rush Limbaugh made a while ago... Obama is sending 300 advisers, but he is not going to take sides in the dispute.... So Rush said 150 advisers will help the Sunnis (ISIS) AND 150 will advise the Shia...God help Obama if one of our troops dies in this conflict...
      Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
        Loved the comment Rush Limbaugh made a while ago... Obama is sending 300 advisers, but he is not going to take sides in the dispute.... So Rush said 150 advisers will help the Sunnis (ISIS) AND 150 will advise the Shia...God help Obama if one of our troops dies in this conflict...
        Good point. LOL. Yes, since we're not taking sides, to be fair, we should split 150 with the Shia and 150 with Sunnis. Or to be really really fair, 100 to Kurds, 100 to Shia and 100 to Sunni.

That's hilarious. I also like how he says that our spec forces guys aren't combat. Try telling THEM they aren't combat forces. And the fact we're putting them in the Joint Operations Centers down at battalion level. Ummmm, the word Operations means combat.

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
          God help Obama
          Satan is beyond Gods help.
          Originally posted by mookster
          Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
          Originally posted by CityCopDC
          I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
          Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
          I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
          -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel
            Try telling THEM they aren't combat forces ...
            Smurfette's dog's nickname ("nodontdothat") seems applicable here.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
              Ummmm, the word Operations means combat.
              Maybe we're sending our guys in there to teach the fighters "Operation, the surgery game".

Maybe we could rig each one to blow everytime one of them touches the sides.
              I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

They are just going over to delete some emails. It works here, it should work there.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                  Or to be really really fair, 100 to Kurds,
                  The Kurds aren't really in the fight yet, that will come later. Note that the Pershmerga moved into Kirkuk when the Iraqi forces fled. (ISIS wasn't even attacking, they just ran because.) When this settles down, the government in Bagdhad - no matter who's running it - will want Kirkuk back.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6062 users online. 354 members and 5708 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X