300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will We Be Pulled Back Into Iraq?

Folks, this is too important a subject to avert our eyes. It's unraveling pretty fast and may wind up affecting members here directly.

How about if we police ourselves to keep this from being deleted. If one of us pushes the envelope on the rules, how about if we help each other out and members can go back and edit or delete before mods have to.

Just my suggestion.

Apparently behind-the-doors briefings about what's happening has Lyndsey Graham "very concerned." I think we'll wind up having to do "something."

Comment

Comrade Emma,

I don't think any one of us have pushed that envelope on that deleted thread. In fact, I think for the most part, we were posting with historical facts to steer the conversation from veering off to the la la unicorn land.

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
        Comrade Emma,

I don't think any one of us have pushed that envelope on that deleted thread. In fact, I think for the most part, we were posting with historical facts to steer the conversation from veering off to the la la unicorn land.
        Hey Comrade M1, I thought your posts were magnificent! We definitely know YOU didn't cause it. Ok, but would love to get your "history professor" outlook in this thread. Take it away.

Comment

Comrade Emma,

I think we do need to stick more to "facts" or "data" like your posts and less to political accusations back and forth like Birdy and I were doing.

Comment

(I....no, no I won't....oh,yes I will....I told you so, Emma.)

Man-oh-man, what a mess Iraq is! Maj Gen Suleimani, the IRGC Quds force commander, is currently sitting in Al Maliki's office in Baghdad offering his military assistance.....let that one sink in....WTF!

....all the while O is stating clearly that we will NOT put boots on the ground and MIGHT assist with air power.

I wasn't old enough to 'feel' the disaster that was the fall of Saigon....but we're watching its equivilant in real time today.

Oh, if Brit shows up I hope she gets ignored.
            Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
            “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
            “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
            "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
            ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
              (I....no, no I won't....oh,yes I will....I told you so, Emma.)

Man-oh-man, what a mess Iraq is! Maj Gen Suleimani, the IRGC Quds force commander, is currently sitting in Al Maliki's office in Baghdad offering his military assistance.....let that one sink in....WTF!

....all the while O is stating clearly that we will NOT put boots on the ground and MIGHT assist with air power.

I wasn't old enough to 'feel' the disaster that was the fall of Saigon....but we're watching its equivilant in real time today.

Oh, if Brit shows up I hope she gets ignored.
              Yes, this is analogous to the fall of Saigon IMHO. From everything I've read that is. That's why it's too important to ignore. All those lives lost in vain in Vietnam and now 4500 dead Americans lost in Iraq only to go back to square one.

And yes, we should ignore her. And YOU WERE RIGHT. there

Comment

And to continue about all those lives lost in vain.....Colin Powell had a saying I agree with 1000, yes 1000%. He said if you go, you better do it right, and don't do it in half-assed way. I'm a little mad at him on other topics but he was right on that one.

Comment

Those contractors we were talking about.....have now been evacuated.

Comment

Issue is, when someone is claiming to be an expert due to having a master's degree and have personally experienced war in Iraq because he/she knew 2 people who were there makes just as much sense as the Holiday Inn commercial.

Claiming that Bush didn't have justification of going into the war in Iraq and portraying him as a blood thirsty Vampire without backing up with any facts were just plain wrong. I posted a historical facts of major wars that our country were involved in from early 1900s to 1970s. I just don't understand how the "Master of the history" does not know it is actually democrats who have gotten us into major wars/conflicts. Eisenhower ended 3 year conflict in Korea by signing the seize fire. Eisenhower-Republican. Vietnam war, withdraw of the U.S. combat troops in 1973, done by President Nixon-Republican.

So these are the historical facts, not something that I pulled out of my own butt.

I like to have a healthy debate and I'm usually open minded about hearing from various group of people, as long as their views are based on a logical sense, realistic and facts, not from the land of Oz.

Comment

IRGC troops are already fighting in Tikrit and Mosul in place of the Iraqi army.....we're watching the end of Iraq as an independent and the expansion of Iran.

http://www.vox.com/2014/6/12/5804184...oops-iran-isis

Fallujah and Ramadi will be left to ISIS and everything else will be 'owned' by Iran.

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                      “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

"I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Comment

....................I like to have a healthy debate and I'm usually open minded about hearing from various group of people, as long as their views are based on a logical sense, realistic and facts, not from the land of Oz.
                        Healthy debate is NOT possible with B**t, period.

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,

Comment

Issue is, when someone is claiming to be an expert due to having a master's degree and have personally experienced war in Iraq because he/she knew 2 people who were there makes just as much sense as the Holiday Inn commercial.

Claiming that Bush didn't have justification of going into the war in Iraq and portraying him as a blood thirsty Vampire without backing up with any facts were just plain wrong. I posted a historical facts of major wars that our country were involved in from early 1900s to 1970s. I just don't understand how the "Master of the history" does not know it is actually democrats who have gotten us into major wars/conflicts. Eisenhower ended 3 year conflict in Korea by signing the seize fire. Eisenhower-Republican. Vietnam war, withdraw of the U.S. combat troops in 1973, done by President Nixon-Republican.

So these are the historical facts, not something that I pulled out of my own butt.

I like to have a healthy debate and I'm usually open minded about hearing from various group of people, as long as their views are based on a logical sense, realistic and facts, not from the land of Oz.
                          Yeah, M1, you had some really good data points. It even made me stop and think. I didn't realize there was he correlation you pointed out. I mean I "knew it" loosely, but never correlated all of them the way you did. Even I stopped after your post and thought, wow, good point.

Comment

Also for those who don't know you here, you actually served in the Korean Army if I remember correctly, so you bring a unique view of things. You probably also have strong opinions about Vietnam too, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
                              IRGC troops are already fighting in Tikrit and Mosul in place of the Iraqi army.....we're watching the end of Iraq as an independent and the expansion of Iran.

http://www.vox.com/2014/6/12/5804184...oops-iran-isis

Fallujah and Ramadi will be left to ISIS and everything else will be 'owned' by Iran.
                              It's shocking how fast it's unraveling. Well not really shocking on one hand because I know how badly some of those internal forces still needed mentoring.

I remember in the early years how my colleagues would take them to the shooting range and they couldn't even hit the target at all. It was just wild shooting with no aiming. They got better and better over time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3146 users online. 156 members and 2990 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X