Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the thread about the fall of Iraq?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the thread about the fall of Iraq?

Gone.
    Whiff- POOF!

Did I miss something amiss in there?

Emma Peel- help me out.
    SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
    SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

I'll take responsibility, 506. I'm thinking it was probably my "Code Pinky" remark. But don't know. Maybe it was because Birdey was blatantly breaking the rules. Not sure. Mods are pretty effective at sticking to the rule book here.

How about those rising oil prices though.

Comment

I am glad to see it gone. Those comments made by someone who read some books and took some classes, basically telling us that have poured sand from out boots that WE don't know what is really going on --- was actually making me angry. On the internet. That's something I don't do.

Comment

I seriously don't know why and wish I could know to avoid it in the future.

It would be nice if we could discuss important current events though....

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post

I see there wasn't a ban.......................................just a nuked thread
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            I see there wasn't a ban.......................................just a nuked thread
            What do your deductive powers tell you then....?

Comment

What do your deductive powers tell you then....?
              Don't know............................just finicky mods

BUT in remembrance------------------------
              http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...arachute-jump/

KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine – Former President George H.W. Bush celebrated his 90th birthday on Thursday by making a tandem parachute jump near his summer home in coastal Maine, delivering on a vow he made five years ago even though he can no longer use his legs.

The nation's 41st president jumped from a helicopter at about 6,000 feet harnessed to Sgt. 1st Class Mike Elliott, a retired member of the Golden Knights, the Army's parachute team. Elliott guided Bush to a gentle landing five years ago.

"That's what he wanted for his 90th birthday and that's what he got," Elliott said. "It's a very good feeling to be involved and be able to turn back time. He's probably feeling younger now than ever."

The helicopter picked up Bush outside his Kennebunkport home, known as Walker's Point. His family transported him from his wheelchair to the chopper, then sang "Happy Birthday" before it took off.

Bush later floated to the ground using a red, white and blue parachute and landed near St. Ann's Church, where friends and family had gathered, out of the sight of reporters. Elliott said Bush's foot got tangled up underneath him during the landing, causing him to tumble forward onto the ground. A spokesman later said the former president was feeling "fine."

"He had a big smile for the crowd. You could tell he was exhilarated," said Diana Untermeyer, a family friend from Houston. "He's an amazing man. This is just another sign of that. I think that like most of America, our family loves him to pieces. It was just a real thrill to do this again."

Witnesses said Bush was greeted with a kiss from his wife, Barbara, and a hug from his son George. The family left the landing zone without talking to reporters.

Hundreds of people had gathered along rocks near the church to get a glimpse of the jump.

"He has a lot of courage. We need more like him," said David Morris, 79, of Melrose, Massachusetts.

"I think it's wonderful. I hope I can jump out of a plane at 90," said Carol Schierl, 75, of Green Bay, Wisconsin,

The jump was kept secret until Thursday morning partly to give Bush himself the option of bagging it.

Spokesman Jim McGrath said the former president likes both a surprise and an adrenaline rush.

"It's vintage George Bush," McGrath said. "It's that passion for life. It's wanting to set a goal, wanting to achieve it. I'm sure part of it is sending a message to others that even in your retirement years you can still find challenges."

The first time Bush jumped from an airplane was when his plane was shot down in World War II over the Pacific. Later, he decided to jump from a plane of his own accord and marked his 75th, 80th and 85th birthdays by skydiving. Thursday marked his eight jump.

Other birthday festivities included a private dinner with more than 200 relatives and friends, including some from his White House days: press secretary Marlin Fitzwater, White House counsel Boyden Gray and political director Ron Kaufman, McGrath said. His children, including former President George W. Bush and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, will be there, McGrath said.

Kennebunkport is a special place for the president. As a boy, he visited the family home at Walker's Point every summer, except during World War II. The retreat was later dubbed his "summer White House."

During his presidential years, Bush was known for jogging, tennis and fast-paced golf, but he now uses a wheelchair or scooter because of a form of parkinsonism that has robbed him of use of his legs. He signed the landmark Americans with Disabilities Act in 1990.
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I blame BUSH for it! That evil man just doesn't know when to stop!

Comment

And many things you read doesnt mean you know anything about either.Just because its in a book doesnt mean its always correct.

When you learn that you might be able to understand alot of what people are telling you.

You read things and try to tell people who have lived it in person they dont know what they are talking about. You got it backwards birdy.

Comment

And here we go AGAIN.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
                    "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

Someone must have bad mouthed Monty.
                      They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

I read a Dr Seuss book to my kids.Doesnt mean its true or that i know more about it than the author.You still are not grasping the fact Birdy.

A book is only the authors interpretation of their own views written down.

Comment

The problem is that, all too often, even in legitimate discussions, someone devolves the thread into a bash fest consisting mostly of personal and ad hominem attacks, and the original point of the thread gets lost. It ususally happens very quickly once someone throws out one of the catch words like "republicant" or "demonrat" or "*******". I don't understand why these things happen, and there's usually plenty of blame to go around on both sides. Now I wish I had read the thread you referred to.

Comment

Originally posted by brittney_birdy
                            Why would I be banned for stating my opinion?
                            It's not about your opinion, but how it's presented. I've read a lot of your back and forth in other posts and it's more of a "My opinion is right, and F- you for disagreeing, you idiot."

In other threads you've been clled a troll, and you disagree, but I can tell you that, troll or not, a LOT of your posts are very troll-esque (IE designed solely to bait the other person, while adding nothing of use to the discussion).
                            Last edited by JustAJ; 06-19-2014, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I despise scholars who hide behind academia in presenting a black or white point of view.
                              History books are full of "facts" about history, but these facts are often no more than conjecture- an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.
                              Everything in history is based on perception. This perception is often skewed by the POV of the observer. Years later is it is studied by people who may further skew it to their POV- sometimes on purpose, sometimes not.

BrittBird lost me with her absolute viewpoint.
                              Darlin', these are mostly cops you are dealing with. We value discretion, and smell Bravo Sierra instantly. We weigh both sides of an issue. Very few of us live in a black or white world.
                              That is why we are telling you to be a bit more open to other viewpoints.
                              Reading some of your posts is like trying to listen to my ex-wife- after a while, it becomes insulting, and all I hear is wahwahwahiIDIOTwahwahIDIOTwahwahwahIDIOTwah.

One other thing- in my opinion, GW Bush was surrounded by folks from his fathers administration, who probably wanted to finish what daddy started, because Saddam was a murdering ***hole dictator. I think their thinking was also that it would get us closer in to Middle Eastern problem areas (in the context of the world in late 2001). But here is the thing- neither you nor I know can make a "good" judgement call because we don't know all the facts- there are probably reams of classified documents. Was there BS? Sure. But there were certainly other reasons as well. And no, I do not believe we are "entitled" to all these sensitive details- that is plain liberal stupid to think so.
                              The United States is one of the only nations on this Earth to try to police the world, and just like the cop on the beat, we are hated. But we press on because it is the right thing to do. Part of what we do involves ugly things- but it is hopefully not done for evil purposes.

OK- I'm tired of this topic. I'm usually more an irreverent jokester on these here forums.
                              Did you know the new Dumb & Dumber is coming out in November?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5482927.html
                              SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                              SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9444 users online. 375 members and 9069 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X