X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shush
    replied
    I want to thank you and your family for your service
    You are quite welcome. I will say that for the men in my family - we all joined the military for the same reason. Much the same reason as people get in to law enforcement.

Honestly though, I'm sure it is an adjustment when the youngest son goes off to the military.
    Yeah, and I am being such a girl about it! LOL. I've probably lost like 10 man points in the last 24 hours...
    Last edited by Shush; 06-12-2014, 06:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Originally posted by Shush View Post
    This feels a bit weird. I am a formerly active Marine. My dad (and several on his side of the family) were AF, although we were never close. I know very little about his time in the AF other than he was in Korea during the war, and helped save a bunch of men from a plane that crashed into a frozen river on take-off. He was an aircraft mechanic and did tech school (back then it was called something else) at Sheppard after basic.

My oldest step-son joined the Marines like me. Jarheads I can relate too.

My youngest son left yesterday for Lackland. After basic, he goes to -- Sheppard, for tech school in -- Aircraft Mechanics. Weird circle of life, it is.

I miss him already. This is probably one of the hardest things I've had to go through. I am having to adjust to him being gone with no contact for a while, plus having to get used to having a flyboy in the family. It feels weird.

Just rambling because I miss my boy. That is all.
    Well, Shush....if you'd had the good sense to join my service instead of being a jarhead, you'd be looking at the world in a totally different way. You'd be happy all the time (like the song) and you'd have spent most of your time in air conditioning. And your happy, cooled-off a** would be smiling from ear-to-ear about your fly-boy son!

I KID, I KID. Got that sarcasm from all the jarheads I've worked with.

Honestly though, I'm sure it is an adjustment when the youngest son goes off to the military. If this helps at all, he's probably having a ball. I can't believe I was paid for ten years to have such a great time. The AF is more challenging with the head games then the physical stuff, and that's always fun no matter the outcome. I'm sure he'll have good stories to start reporting back to you soon.

Hang in there.

Leave a comment:

• BNWS
    replied
    This feels a bit weird. I am a formerly active Marine. My dad (and several on his side of the family) were AF, although we were never close. I know very little about his time in the AF other than he was in Korea during the war, and helped save a bunch of men from a plane that crashed into a frozen river on take-off. He was an aircraft mechanic and did tech school (back then it was called something else) at Sheppard after basic.

My youngest son left yesterday for Lackland. After basic, he goes to -- Sheppard, for tech school in -- Aircraft Mechanics. Weird circle of life, it is.

I miss him already. This is probably one of the hardest things I've had to go through. I am having to adjust to him being gone with no contact for a while, plus having to get used to having a flyboy in the family. It feels weird.

I want to thank you and your family for your service
    Last edited by BNWS; 06-12-2014, 12:59 PM. Reason: misspelling

Leave a comment:

• DigitalFrenchie
    replied

My little brother just finished BMT. He's in tech school down there as well then off to Germany (talk about a nice first assignment). They put on a great ceremony/family day for 2 or 3 days for graduation down there and you'll have a good time. Congrats to your son and you always have O.com to keep you company in the mean time haha!

Leave a comment:

• Shush
    started a topic US Air Force

US Air Force

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2710 users online. 162 members and 2548 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X