Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GEN Shinseki Forced to RESIGN from VA

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GEN Shinseki Forced to RESIGN from VA

    Heads up for those who don't scroll down to the political forums....

  • #2
    ...adding that Shinseki "does not want to be a distraction" to fixing the situation.
    In other words, doesn't want to be the focus of the fallout and accountability?

    Agreed the leadership that led to this is a travesty, but for something this disgusting to be this widespread, a lot of supposedly good people at all levels chose to do nothing, either until it adversely affected them or until they figured they had nothing to lose of their own by exposing it.

    Weak people like to cower behind the "I was just following orders!" crapola, but if they were ordered to hand over their paychecks from now on, or something else that would adversely impact them, they would quickly figure out what to do with an order that is clearly against policy.

    I remember one of the idiots who wrote an Enron expose, she claimed that she was "forced" to take part in the obscene fraud and couldn't quit sooner due to the fact she wasn't yet vested (her stolen money), and bragged about the boob job it funded as justification.
    "Snort-laughter is the best medicine"
    ----- Mussel Bound


    Don't forget to laugh today. The more implausible it seems, the more you need to.

    Comment


    • #3
      This was as expected as the sunrise. Now the regime can claim that they have taken care of business and go back to blaming the reason for the VA's problems on George W Bush... and I'm sure the Koch brothers will get blamed by Dingy Harry too.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MargeGunderson View Post
        In other words, doesn't want to be the focus of the fallout and accountability?

        Agreed the leadership that led to this is a travesty, but for something this disgusting to be this widespread, a lot of supposedly good people at all levels chose to do nothing, either until it adversely affected them or until they figured they had nothing to lose of their own by exposing it.

        Weak people like to cower behind the "I was just following orders!" crapola, but if they were ordered to hand over their paychecks from now on, or something else that would adversely impact them, they would quickly figure out what to do with an order that is clearly against policy.

        I remember one of the idiots who wrote an Enron expose, she claimed that she was "forced" to take part in the obscene fraud and couldn't quit sooner due to the fact she wasn't yet vested (her stolen money), and bragged about the boob job it funded as justification.
        Tally ho. Spot on. Right on, right on. The problems this sheds a light on are many, and most came before this Administration. But damn, these are SES's getting paid $300K who can't be fired. And should've known what was going on. I would love to start right there.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RSGSRT View Post
          This was as expected as the sunrise. Now the regime can claim that they have taken care of business and go back to blaming the reason for the VA's problems on George W Bush... and I'm sure the Koch brothers will get blamed by Dingy Harry too.
          He can and he will, but there's a massive head wind now smacking him that includes some of the press and some Democrats. Did you see on Wed when even the NY Times and Washington Post criticized his foreign policy speech at West Point. Even I was shocked. The rats are finally starting to jump ship...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
            He can and he will, but there's a massive head wind now smacking him that includes some of the press and some Democrats. Did you see on Wed when even the NY Times and Washington Post criticized his foreign policy speech at West Point. Even I was shocked. The rats are finally starting to jump ship...
            Yeah, I saw. Check this out

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIHz5tevLAw (I don't know how to Embed, so feel free to)

            Comment


            • #7
              Shinseki isn't the real problem.

              Temporary political appointees don't have NEARLY as much power in the federal bureaucracy as the career bureaucrats. Appointees come and go, the career guys will be there long after.

              This is a systemic problem, a problem with the institution's culture, one anybody would be hard pressed to change given that the people at fault can't be fired or even seriously disciplined.

              It's STILL a problem. Shinseki leaving won't change it, and in fact reinforces that the bureaucrats are safe no matter what happens.
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

              "With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RSGSRT View Post
                Yeah, I saw. Check this out

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIHz5tevLAw (I don't know how to Embed, so feel free to)
                That was awesome, RSGSRT! Speaking of Marines, we've also been trying to pressure Kerry and Obama over on Twitter to bring our Marine home that's been tortured in Mexico for what all evidence suggests was due to a wrong turn at the border. Gretta's investigative reporting reveals the Mexicans had a confusing U turn sign that landed him across the border. His 911 call also reveals he wasn't trying to sneak over.

                For anyone reading who'd like to help with this use #MarineHeldinMexico on Twitter.

                Today Obama admitted he listened to the clamoring about the VA on Twitter when Montel Williams started the #VAsurge thread two days ago. Citizens who are frustrated can make a difference on these issues.

                Congressman Frank Wolf told us our #Benghazi threads led to Boehner finally creating Benghazi Select Committee.

                I'm just suggesting everyday people can make a difference...have been watching it move Washington in recent weeks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                  Shinseki isn't the real problem.

                  Temporary political appointees don't have NEARLY as much power in the federal bureaucracy as the career bureaucrats. Appointees come and go, the career guys will be there long after.

                  This is a systemic problem, a problem with the institution's culture, one anybody would be hard pressed to change given that the people at fault can't be fired or even seriously disciplined.

                  It's STILL a problem. Shinseki leaving won't change it, and in fact reinforces that the bureaucrats are safe no matter what happens.
                  Absolutely. It's the socialist model. Just like military medicine is socialized medicine. The only way to fix this is very RADICAL reform. Reforms like being able to fire those SESs. Vouchers for VETS to go to private care. Policies that allow CHOICE. Lots of things that would upset Federal Unions. Things that will end the "single-payer" like mentality.

                  Otherwise, you're right, it doesn't matter who replaces Shinseki. It needs to be someone willing to fall on his or her sword...because the bureaucracy will eat the person alive. The best a new Secretary can hope for is -in the process of falling on his sword- educate the public about the Soviet-like state these big bureacracies have turned into.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is not the first time this has happened.

                    Walter Reed Army Medical Center neglect scandal Army Secretary Francis J. Harvey (R) abruptly resigned over substandard conditions for wounded soldiers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center including long delays in treatment, rodent infestation and outbreaks of mold. Harvey had been appointed to the position by George W. Bush.

                    Maj. Gen. George Weightman, was fired for failures linked to the scandal.(2007)

                    Maj. Gen. Kevin C. Kiley resigned for failures linked to the scandal
                    Retired

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by retired View Post
                      This is not the first time this has happened.

                      Walter Reed Army Medical Center neglect scandal Army Secretary Francis J. Harvey (R) abruptly resigned over substandard conditions for wounded soldiers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center including long delays in treatment, rodent infestation and outbreaks of mold. Harvey had been appointed to the position by George W. Bush.

                      Maj. Gen. George Weightman, was fired for failures linked to the scandal.(2007)

                      Maj. Gen. Kevin C. Kiley resigned for failures linked to the scandal
                      I was livid about that too, retired. Not sure what your point is though. Scandals happen under every administration. But devil in details. How any scandals under this Pres that are swept under rug? In that situation, Bush immediately made executive decisions. This moron is incapable of making them for the most part.

                      Matter of degree.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                        I was livid about that too, retired. Not sure what your point is though. Scandals happen under every administration. But devil in details. How any scandals under this Pres that are swept under rug? In that situation, Bush immediately made executive decisions. This moron is incapable of making them for the most part.

                        Matter of degree.
                        My point was that scandals occur frequently in all administrations, not just under Democrats.

                        Personally, unlike many cops on this forum, I don't respect or trust most politicians, Democrats or Republicans. I believe they are all from the same mold.

                        When we study the various scandals for each administration, it looks like Reagan leads the pack.
                        Retired

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The real problem is the guy sitting in The White House. Reality is that he could have done a lot to mitigate the situation, but chose not to. He rather spend time on the golf course than doing any "real" work.
                          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                            The real problem is the guy sitting in The White House. Reality is that he could have done a lot to mitigate the situation, but chose not to. He rather spend time on the golf course than doing any "real" work.
                            Hasn't that been true of most of the administrations?
                            Retired

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeah, his resigning is really going to hurt him. He's already drawing a retired generals pay. No accountability other than losing this position. A couple of years from now he'll show up in another government job and all will be forgiven and forgotten and our troops will still be neglected as always.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3729 users online. 218 members and 3511 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X