300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee and the electric chair.

So, Tennessee has brought back the electric chair. In this day and age, when so many people protest against the death penalty as it is, who would have thought that would even happen? And the best part - the criminals don't even have a choice. I say that anyone who has committed a crime so heinous that they deserve the death penalty should fry.

They actually had some sorry child murderer POS up here who's attorney whined that giving him a choice between our two methods was cruel and unusual punishment.
    "Every day should include a perfectly grilled thick steak, freshly roasted coffee and seats on the 50-yardline.

Oh, and bacon. It should start with bacon."
    ------- Me

~~~~

Agent and manager of the world's only authentic lucky football kitty. Don't believe me?
    Just look at the Seattle Seahawks 1976-2010, compared to 2011-present. (and yes, I've been a fan that long)

Comment

I don't care how they are put to death as long as it eliminates a constitutional challenge.
      Retired

Comment

I heard something the other day about one of the guys on Death Row contesting cruel and unusual punishment because the drugs they gave you to kill you could react bad to a medical condition he has and kill him.... stupid people... everywhere
        Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

You gotta admit Ole Sparky has a certain visual romantic appeal that lethal injection can't match.

Comment

But, will this administration force them to use solar power to operate the electric chair????
            I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
              But, will this administration force them to use solar power to operate the electric chair????
              Probably so. Can't screw up the climate over something like that. Executions will be scheduled by the weather guy.

Comment

I loved the headline, too, guys. But here is the rub:
                Tennessee (my beloved state) has not executed ANYONE since 2009, and only six others from 2000 to 2009.

Sounds like a great headline for the Governor, but I wish we'd go all TEXAS on their asses....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...d_in_Tennessee
                SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

The death penalty might not be a deterrent to murderers, but it sure as hell cuts down on recidivism.

And for this thread, I'll include my signature line:
                  --
                  Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Excellent signature line, RR – can't wait to drop it in conversation, but I promise to give you full credit.
                    "Snort-laughter is the best medicine"
                    ----- Mussel Bound

Don't forget to laugh today. The more implausible it seems, the more you need to.

Comment

Originally posted by BikeCop501 View Post
                      I heard something the other day about one of the guys on Death Row contesting cruel and unusual punishment because the drugs they gave you to kill you could react bad to a medical condition he has and kill him.... stupid people... everywhere
                      Hahaha - doesn't surprise me. And they probably will take it into consideration. Well, it seems like they can claim any death penalty method they want, they are not going to use it, either way. I think it is really all just more of a scare tactic than anything else.

Comment

A switch in time saves crime!

Comment

Originally posted by MargeGunderson View Post
                          Excellent signature line, RR – can't wait to drop it in conversation, but I promise to give you full credit.
                          No, I filched it from somebody else. I can't recall where.

I'm waiting to use a variation of this one (attributed to Woody Allen) the first time someone starts whining about a "Fourth amendment violation" after they get caught with stolen property inside their house, and the property just happens to have a GPS tracker on it: "Don't open the gates!! Who the hell needs a wooden horse that size anyway?!?!"
                          --
                          Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

These are the same morons who scream because they "just know" some neighbor or idiot ex has something of theirs and the cops "refuse to be bothered" to just kick in that person's door with no evidence or even probable cause.
                            "Snort-laughter is the best medicine"
                            ----- Mussel Bound

Don't forget to laugh today. The more implausible it seems, the more you need to.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4180 users online. 223 members and 3957 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X