300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Is there really such a thing as a ride along?"

A post in another thread reminded me of this and I just had to share.

So right after that movie "Ride Along" came out, I am working and respond to a DV call. Gets a little worse - dude threw the only working phone in the house against the wall when she was trying to call 911 back, so we have DV + interfering with 911 call, so dude is definitely in deep poop. He doesn't resist, but is mad because "I never touch her" and "its my phone, I can break it if I want too". Whatever.

So we get away from the location heading to the jail, and he chills. Suddenly out of no where, this guy says "I always wanted to be a cop." I keep my mouth shut, because the things that I want to say would probably get me in a bit of trouble. He goes on "do you think this will hurt my chances?" (you THINK????) but I stay silent. About 4 or 5 questions along these lines come from the back, and I just ignore him.

Finally he asks the one that hits my on button. "Is there really such a thing as a ride along?"

"Why yes sir, there is such a thing as a ride along. We have people ride along almost every night. YOU ARE ON ONE! Now sit back, shut up, and enjoy the ride! We will arrive at your destination in approximately 11 minutes. " ( I could have said a lot worse, but I like my job....)

What's some funny stuff your "guests" have said en route?

"I was going to be a cop, but I decided I'd rather work a better job."

"Oh yeah? Where do you work?"

"I'm unemployed right now..."

Comment

"You're the first cop that's arrested me that actually seems cool".

"Is there any way we could listen to the game on the way (to jail)"?

"This day sucks".

"Are you going to call my mom"? (He was 25years old)

Comment

"Can I have a cigarette?" (cuffed behind his back)

"Can we stop at the McDonalds? I'm starved."
        I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Husband and wife, pulled over for no tag, both had warrants out of different jurisdictions on FTA warrants related to traffic stops previously for driving without a tag.

Husband to wife: " Well, I am going to *****, you are going to ******* *****, so who ever gets out first needs to go pick the kids up from school."

Comment

"I didn't do it."
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
            that we are all that stands between
            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

One of my favorites: "Ain't this some 5h!t, I calls the police and I goes to jail!"

Along with: "You're only doing this because I'm _____" (fill in the oppressed minority).
              "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                One of my favorites: "Ain't this some 5h!t, I calls the police and I goes to jail!"

Along with: "You're only doing this because I'm _____" (fill in the oppressed minority).
                Me and my partner had one like that (black guy). My partner looked at him funny, because he is black too. Something tells me he was on autopilot.....haha.

Comment

Well I am not very social so anytime someone wants to talk I get annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit315 View Post
                    Me and my partner had one like that (black guy). My partner looked at him funny, because he is black too. Something tells me he was on autopilot.....haha.
                    I love it when they do that.

Had a guy one night try saying that to the aEMT crew pulling him from the car he crashed while drunk/stoned/whatever. They just said "yes sir, that's correct - we are saving your life only because you are black." I guess he was just used to getting pulled out of cars.

Comment

I was assisting a neighboring agency and they were arresting a guy, who happened to be black. He started going on that we were only arresting him because he is black and all the PD and SO in the county were racist because we didn't have any black officers. I had to inform him the Sheriff and Chief of every PD in the county is black.
                      "To hell with a supervisor, men follow a leader" -Texas Ranger Captain Allee

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
                      -Sun Tzu

Comment

Had one just the other day ask if i could run him by the ATM before going to jail cause he wanted to get some money out to put on his books so he wouldnt be hungry while locked up.He ignored the first,
                        AHH NO .

So he asked again and got the ,

Hell No

Comment

I arrested a guy for punching his girlfriend in the face. Once at the jail (since he is now single in his mind), he asks if I would like to "go out sometime?" Uhhh,no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by eagleI View Post
                            I arrested a guy for punching his girlfriend in the face. Once at the jail (since he is now single in his mind), he asks if I would like to "go out sometime?" Uhhh,no thanks.

Should have just told him - "You wouldn't like me. I hit back."

Comment

You know, I really thought that line was going to die once we got a black president, but apparently not. People seem to like that one too much.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3661 users online. 191 members and 3470 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X