X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rettroop
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2014

Electric bills. WTF!!!

Holy crap, anyone else's electric more than doubled from last year? I'm looking at the bill I got today, last march it was $2.14 per kwh this march was $4.84. Heating oil is insane. I got 150 gallons in January for $3.91/gallon another 150 in March for $4.06. Add that to food and gasoline prices and I can't figure how some people are making it.
    I know it's complicated to figure out who to point fingers at but I do know that if a republican was in office that's all we would hear about in the main stream media. Nary a word, all is swell, carry on.
  • Tom S
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2011

Both parties have made toilet paper out of the dollar. Things are not more expensive, the dollar is just worth less and less.
    When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Comment

• Tom S
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2011

Make no mistake, it is neither Republican nor Democrat. They are two wings of the same bird of prey.
      When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Comment

• L-1
        • Jun 2004

Your state may have a program where cheaper utility rates are available if someone in your household has a medical condition that requires an inordinate amount of heating or cooling.

I have a medical condition that makes me extremely sensitive to heat. Although I live at the beach, my electric bill for July, August and September ran as high at $600 per month just to cool the house to a tolerable level. The rest of the year it ran around $200 per month.

My doctor filled out a one page form for the electric company and my rates dropped dramatically. During July, August and September I rarely pay over $125 per month and the rest of the year runs around $80 per month.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• BikeCop501
          Verified LEO
          • Aug 2005

***** a gallon of milk is $4.50. More expensive that a gosh damn gallon of gas. Darn near ***** my pants when I bought some the other day.
          Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

• NYCDep
            S*** just got real!
            • Jun 2007

I got some electric/gas bills that made me lose my mind.

I was going to go yell at the wife for wasting electricity until I compared the bills to the same period last year. While we actually used less, we are paying ridiculous amounts more.
            “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

• NeeCee
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2014

I think that gas prices actually dropped a bit this year. If you heat your home with electicity, then, unfortunately, you couldn't take advantage of that.

Comment

• JustAJ
                Secret Squirrel
                • Jan 2010

Perhaps you're seeing the unspoken consequences of "renewable energy". Aside form the fact that it's a bit more expensive to produce, when people start shifting over to that for their needs, then the remaining people using the "old" style energy have to pay more, because the power company needs to make that money up somewhere. Here in SoCal, there wa sa huge push in 2013 for conservation. At the end of the year, all of sudden LADWP has a budget shortfall, so they had to raise rates to compensate. Add t oall this htat the dollar isn't really worht a dollar anymore, and you have a perfect storm brewing.

Comment

• IAM Rand
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2009

How bout all of the above. There are different shade of each party but, to say they are the same is a little simplistic. Both parties want the power. Both have idiots in it but, philosophically they are very different. Especially now if you can't tell the difference with people like Harry "Balls" Reid and Nancy "Let's pass it before we know what is in it" Pelosi. How about the big "O." No ladies, not talking that, I am talking bout Obama. There are many things that can affect prices. Some locally and some nationally or internationally. There is not really one specific thing that would make it cheaper or more expensive. It is a combination of things that would have an affect. More drilling, more refineries, Keystone Pipeline, no mandated "Green energy"....................... I could keep on going but, why. You should get the point. Several or all of these could/should/would have an affect in lowering the cost of energy. Right now those in power, Obama and the Dems, have the say about these things. The cost is up. Gas was up under Carter. Ronnie got in and things normalized.
                  Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

• Aerohead
                    BOFA
                    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by BikeCop501
                    ***** a gallon of milk is $4.50. More expensive that a gosh damn gallon of gas. Darn near ***** my pants when I bought some the other day.
                    We go through about a gallon a day (3 growing boys) - I'm going to have to get a 4th job to pay for groceries when they become teenagers!
                    Originally posted by RSGSRT
                    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

• Seventy2002
                      Forum Member
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BikeCop501
                      a gallon of milk is $4.50.
                      OMG, you poor people. Here, it's $2.89. Electricity is $.0120 per kwh for the first 360 kwh. After that, we get slammed with $.0837 per kwh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rettroop
                        Holy crap, anyone else's electric more than doubled from last year? I'm looking at the bill I got today, last march it was $2.14 per kwh
                        Wait what? I pay 0.13 a kwh. How the hell is yours over 2 bucks a kwh.

Comment

• BikeCop501
                          Verified LEO
                          • Aug 2005

TMG how much is milk back down in Gods country?
                          Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

• jchughes05
                            Calves of Justice
                            • Mar 2006

I stopped paying attention to costs.... I figured if I was gonna get raped in the arse, that it's better to not see it coming... lol
                            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                            that we are all that stands between
                            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

• Aerohead
                              BOFA
                              • Jul 2010

We just got our first electric bill in the new house:

$.06912/KWH for power supply energy.
                              $.05003/KWH for service charge.
                              $.002733/KWH for energy optimization.

Total: $0.122/KWH

We have a combination of wind power, coal, and nuclear.

You don't want to see our water bills, though. Detroit Water and Sewerage (monopoly on the tri-county area) is ridiculous. Can't imagine why, as all the employees take their cars home.
                              I have a friend in Las Vegas who pays less for his water than we do, and we're surrounded by it.
                              Originally posted by RSGSRT
                              We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                              Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19454 users online. 54 members and 19400 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...