300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bbq

Being from Kansas City I love BBQ. Over all the places I've been I'd have to say Jack Stack BBQ is by far my favorite. For everyone else out there what's your favorite BBQ place and what do you get when you go there? I personally love ribs, steak, or pulled pork. Or just what's your favorite type of food or restaurant?
    Homicide: our day starts when yours ends

My all time favorite was the KC Masterpiece Restaurant in Overland Park.

I understand it is closed now..........................of course it has been over 20 yrs since I ate there. I can still smell the aroma as I was waiting in line to get into the place and then again as I walked back to my car afterwards
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

If it is not Texas bbq then its not bbq.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
        If it is not Texas bbq then its not bbq.
        True words. Some brisket, cole slaw,a dill pickle, and potato salad sounds so good right now. Maybe a cold glass of iced tea too.
        In God We Trust
        Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Hey don't judge till you taste the Kansas City stuff too
          But honestly BBQ is all pretty good and I do really like Dickey's BBQ which I believe is a Texas style BBQ restaurant that started in Texas
          Iowa- is that some relation to the brand of KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce? If so the sauce is great. I don't buy BBQ sauce unless it's that brand, but no the restaurant is no longer there.

Comment

Oh yes and you cannot have BBQ without a huge glass of sweet tea

Comment

Originally posted by FutureHomicideDetective View Post
              Iowa- is that some relation to the brand of KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce? If so the sauce is great. I don't buy BBQ sauce unless it's that brand, but no the restaurant is no longer there.
              Of course it is................there was one in KC (Overland Park) and one in St Louis. Dr Rich Davis (inventor of KC Masterpiece) opened them to promote his product.
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Hey don't judge till you taste the Kansas City stuff too
                But honestly BBQ is all pretty good and I do really like Dickey's BBQ which I believe is a Texas style BBQ restaurant that started in Texas
                Dickey's??????? Yeah that's just chain fast food BBQ. Dickey's is junk compared to true TX BBQ.

Comment

You haven't had good bbq until you are given directions to a place with no name in the middle of nowhere, you pull up to a shack with no windows, an old man that looks to be Moses' grandpa is bbq'ing on a metal contraption that looks quite sketchy, tables are plastic patio furniture and sweet tea is served in real, used mason jars.

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post
                    You haven't had good bbq until you are given directions to a place with no name in the middle of nowhere, you pull up to a shack with no windows, an old man that looks to be Moses' grandpa is bbq'ing on a metal contraption that looks quite sketchy, tables are plastic patio furniture and sweet tea is served in real, used mason jars.
                    Pretty much this. There are a few local places that have great BBQ.

My other half makes his own sauce so I am partial to having BBQ at home
                    ~Sunny

>>Ephesians 6:13<<

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
                      . Funny thing is that it was in the hood and he said to make sure that we took our heaters. I told him that I never leave home without it. lol.
                      A hundred yrs ago about 20 from my agency went to the Street Survival seminar in another city. We had about 10 marked/unmarked cars....................The locals told us of a nice BBQ place and told us how to get there.

They didn't realize we were in marked units................well we went............got lots of stares and was about half way through our meals when the Shift Commander from the local PD walks in to tell us that he had a car in the parking lot watching our rids for us...........

We took a "take out" order to the poor basssstard that was out in the lot (True to Iowa weather there was a blizzard going on )

The owner about crapped when our Sgt went up with the County Master Card to pay the bill for all of us on one ticket................

Comment

Not really any good BBQ around GA. There's a place is north GA, Character's BBQ, that has good pork.. it is definitely a hole in the wall.. I think I saw two tables when I went.

Besides that, I usually just settle for Community Q in Decatur (basically Atlanta). Best brisket and mac/cheese in GA.. not saying that means much though lol

I have a big green egg and use that bad boy for almost everything. I prefer a Texas or KC style of sauce.

Comment

yeah I love a KC style BBQ sauce as long as it isn't too sweet
                          There's also a restaurant in Joplin Mo called Red Hot and Blue wish is pretty good

Comment

Texas BBQ is my favorite, but they're all great.
                            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

yeah I love a KC style BBQ sauce as long as it isn't too sweet
                              There's also a restaurant in Joplin Mo called Red Hot and Blue wish is pretty good
                              The Red, Hot and Blue restaurant lasted about 2 yrs in my area.........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5213 users online. 284 members and 4929 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X