Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ef87c
    replied
    22 hours, long and the short of it: I was to work 8 hours...a few calls and a EDP later which ended up having meth on his person turned into several hours with mental health followed by obtaining warrants and a lengthy report...two hours worth of a nap went back to work....longest day ever!

Leave a comment:

• Commish
    replied
    All I can say is ......"Rodney King" lasted four days....more fire and looting than can be imagined.

Leave a comment:

• mavriktu
    replied
    To be honest Tick,was tired of talking about it.That plus quite a few on here were sick of hearing about it.They had the impression that New Orleans was the ONLY city affected and would make extremely derogatory remarks about everyone involved."they got what they deserved" -"why rebuild,let them suffer" etc.Got sick of hearing it and tried to let it drop.At least we didn't have frezzing (or at least darn cold) weather to put up with,just 100* days and 90s at night.

Leave a comment:

• mavriktu
    replied
    Well,Pogue,I had a nice lengthy description of what all we did,which was plenty and non stop.BUT,the miracles of O. upgrades seems to have swallowed it up between the "submit reply" button,and actually getting on here.Suffice it to say we were not sedentary at any time.I am 60 miles north of NOLA and we sustained MAJOR wind damage throughout my area.

Leave a comment:

• mavriktu
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
    I'm curious what you were doing during this time while working. I can't imagine doing anything sedentary for that long w/o dozing off.

Leave a comment:

• CPDEMT
    replied
    12.5 hour graveyard shift + 9.5 hour OT while working a big case that came in late night (finish interview/report/search warrant/arrest) + 3 hours to attend Union meeting that night. Total = 25 hours. That doesn't include my 40 minute drive each way.

By hour 22, I felt like I got my second wind and was able to function without falling asleep, though I couldn't really think or react very quickly.

Leave a comment:

• steve354
    replied
    Originally posted by jannino View Post
    I gotta ask... what were you staking out?
    Making sure a employee did not show up.

Leave a comment:

• HI629
    replied
    Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
    Three days in the army. We had battalion training Monday morning and Tuesday morning, Monday afternoon was swimming qualifications, night training humping an M60 and four boxes of 7.62, then night survival, evasion, and escape. The third day we had PT testing and rappelling from a helo UH1 Huey! Cool! Then a division sized night live fire with all the good stuff, 105's 155's eight inch, about 24 gunships and six air farce Phantoms and four A10's That third night, I had guard duty around a four square block parking lot. Me and my axehandle, poncho, helmet liner,canteen and copy of my general orders.

At the end of those three days, I couldn't even tell you my name!
    If we're talking military days, I'd have to say Air Assault school. I swear it seemed like I was up for 15 days straight! Maybe got only a few hours of sleep the entire time. It seemed like every time we got comfortable, it was time to pack up and move again. :-O

Leave a comment:

• OneAdam12
    replied
    Originally posted by steve354 View Post
    I was just wondering what's the longest shift anyone has ever done in their career.

I did 21 hours the other night while I was on stake out. The went shift went from 5PM to 2 PM the next day.
    Three days in the army. We had battalion training Monday morning and Tuesday morning, Monday afternoon was swimming qualifications, night training humping an M60 and four boxes of 7.62, then night survival, evasion, and escape. The third day we had PT testing and rappelling from a helo UH1 Huey! Cool! Then a division sized night live fire with all the good stuff, 105's 155's eight inch, about 24 gunships and six air farce Phantoms and four A10's That third night, I had guard duty around a four square block parking lot. Me and my axehandle, poncho, helmet liner,canteen and copy of my general orders.

At the end of those three days, I couldn't even tell you my name!

Leave a comment:

• Pogue Mahone
    replied
    Originally posted by mavriktu View Post
    Hurricane Katrina.32 hours straight.Worked my 12 hour shift,when the relief came out they were short,so I volunteered to work over,thinking it would only be a few hours (we work 12 hour shifts),and wound up relieving (no pun) myself the next morning.After 8 hours into that one,we had lost all comms. so I drifted on to the house(take homes) and was never missed,.This was also the longest streak I went without a day off,9 weeks of 12-14 hour days.
    I'm curious what you were doing during this time while working. I can't imagine doing anything sedentary for that long w/o dozing off.

Leave a comment:

• swat_op506
    replied
    28 hours straight on a homicide case. Kept getting leads, which led to another and another.
    Unable to think clearly after about 20 hours, but sometimes you just gotta tough it.

Leave a comment:

• mavriktu
    replied
    Hurricane Katrina.32 hours straight.Worked my 12 hour shift,when the relief came out they were short,so I volunteered to work over,thinking it would only be a few hours (we work 12 hour shifts),and wound up relieving (no pun) myself the next morning.After 8 hours into that one,we had lost all comms. so I drifted on to the house(take homes) and was never missed,.This was also the longest streak I went without a day off,9 weeks of 12-14 hour days.

Leave a comment:

• Pogue Mahone
    replied
    Originally posted by jannino View Post
    +1
    Usually security guard (w/o peace officer status) + stakeout = overstepping legal authority as well as endangering themsellves.

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    Originally posted by steve354 View Post
    I was just wondering what's the longest shift anyone has ever done in their career.

I did 21 hours the other night while I was on stake out. The went shift went from 5PM to 2 PM the next day.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    I used to work 48 hr shifts frequently................8 on, 16 on call repeat once.......then do it again 2 days later.

We averaged at least 4 calls a night on our 16hr on call portions.

I was in my early to mid 20's at the time.-----------Now way in hades I could do that now

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2260 users online. 140 members and 2120 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X