Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI629
    replied
    Pulled a 3 day "shift" once. Did an extradition transport, then when on the ground waiting for my return flight got called by the local field office to assist in the locate of the prisoner I just delivered. :-( The search lasted for nearly 36 hours.

Leave a comment:

• 02paul09
    replied
    Worked a double and caught a call right at the end and wound up being there 21 hours total. Went home showered and put on a new uniform and drove back to work to start my shift again. Was up for around 36 hours total, I'm young enough that it didn't really bother me but I was definitely running on 7 cylinders at the end of it.

Leave a comment:

• adeutch
    replied
    Originally posted by DeputySC View Post
    By policy we can't work over 16 straight hours but it has happened.
    Same here, can't work over 16 hours without supervisor approval. One time I worked 18 hours because I got caught up in a late call that involved getting a search warrant signed. But the last 4 hours of that I wasn't really do anything but waiting.

One time I accidentally scheduled overtime for right after a shift.. I'm not going to say how many hours I worked..

Leave a comment:

• DeputySC
    replied
    it's not uncommon to go a few hours over a 12 hour shift if something happens towards the end and drags you over. By policy we can't work over 16 straight hours but it has happened. We have a big department and the admin do a good job about keeping up with who's doing what and sending in relief.

This happens sometimes.
    I will work a 7pm to 7am shift. Then have court at 9am so I kind of have to wait around, then of course court won't actually start until 1030am. Then by the time they get to my case and I get back home its 2pm. Then I power nap until 5pm so I can get up and ready to be at roll call at 6:45pm for another 12 hour shift. No one likes getting off work late. But the nightshift/court conflict annoys me.
    Last edited by DeputySC; 10-06-2013, 08:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Over the years I have worked a number of "long shifts"

We used to do 12 hr hospital watches...............with a 2 hr drive time to the hospital. That was back when I was a rookie and got forced into doing them.

TWICE I worked blizzards where relief was physically unable to report to the facility. Those were both 20 hr or so shifts. With a 2 hr drive home that usually took 40 minutes.
    (Both times we were not required to work that night.............so the 20 hr shift only accrued 4 hrs of OT. )

Leave a comment:

• kermit315
    replied
    I have gone from working my Navy job to pulling a 12 hour shift a few times, so that would put me close to 24. When the hurricanes come through, it is not uncommon to pull shifts that cover days, with cat naps in your car from time to time to recharge.

Leave a comment:

• stormz5192
    replied
    16-18 hrs isn't unusual, but my longest was 21 or 22. Quite honestly I zoned out around hour 20.

Leave a comment:

• steve354
    started a topic The Longest Shift

The Longest Shift

I was just wondering what's the longest shift anyone has ever done in their career.

I did 21 hours the other night while I was on stake out. The went shift went from 5PM to 2 PM the next day.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3498 users online. 240 members and 3258 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X