300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughter ever plans to evict her 91-year-old dad

Last edited by wolfgang1; 07-16-2015, 07:10 PM.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

~Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by CACBAND
    One of my background investigators put it best. He said, We're not looking for perfect people, they don't exist, we're looking for people who can be honest about their less than staler moments, face them, and learn from them.

Somehow,I imagine a drug addiction will factor into this.I have been on scene where 70-80- and older grandparents have been severely beaten by their grandchildren because they would not part with their last 20 bucks.
    Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Dirty [email protected]$t hole.
      Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Whoa ...that's asking for some bad juju on your ***. Those two are real pieces of work, at least the granddaughter made it out with a head on her shoulders and her morals intact.
        The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

There is more to it. Why would a Judge allow them to basically steal his home right from under him?

Just absolute crap on their part and the legal aspect of it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
            There is more to it. Why would a Judge allow them to basically steal his home right from under him?

Just absolute crap on their part and the legal aspect of it as well.
            I haven't read anything more about this than what is presented here but I am assuming that the judge ruled in the daughters favor due to the power of attorney that her father signed. As immoral as it is on her part, the judge has to base his ruling on the law. Unless the father can show that the power of attorney was given under fraudulent or coercive means there isn't a lot the court can do.

Karma can be a b****

Comment

Even still, I dont see how the person that granted the power of attorney cannot override it, especially in a court setting.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit315 View Post
                Even still, I dont see how the person that granted the power of attorney cannot override it, especially in a court setting.
                From my understanding the daughter was within the law to transfer the property out of her father's name because she had full power of attorney. When you grant someone power of attorney you are authorizing them to make legal and financial decisions on your behalf. It's utterly despicable that the daughter chose to use this to essentially steal her elderly father's home, but it's still legal. I have given others, narrowly defined power of attorney in the past when I have deployed overseas and was explicit in the wording of what I was authorizing them to do on my behalf. It's a good system in certain circumstances but if you give it to someone who you cannot trust then they can ruin your life. I have heard countless stories of soldiers who gave their wives power of attorney when they deployed and then came home to find their house sold, cars gone, bank account empty, and wife in the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperion View Post
                  From my understanding the daughter was within the law to transfer the property out of her father's name because she had full power of attorney. When you grant someone power of attorney you are authorizing them to make legal and financial decisions on your behalf. It's utterly despicable that the daughter chose to use this to essentially steal her elderly father's home, but it's still legal. I have given others, narrowly defined power of attorney in the past when I have deployed overseas and was explicit in the wording of what I was authorizing them to do on my behalf. It's a good system in certain circumstances but if you give it to someone who you cannot trust then they can ruin your life. I have heard countless stories of soldiers who gave their wives power of attorney when they deployed and then came home to find their house sold, cars gone, bank account empty, and wife in the wind.
                  I understand that, I have done numerous POA's myself. What I dont get is, if he tried to stop it before it was final, as I understood the case to be, how they can let the POA stand when the grantor is specifically trying to override it.

Maybe I missed something.

Comment

Followed the source trail and this article explains the situation a lot better. The reason the court ruled as it did was because the statute of limitations had expired by the time they realized the daughter had deeded the house over to herself. There is also a custody fued over an autistic child. All in all a bad situation.

http://www.nbc4i.com/story/22027812/...ter-son-in-law

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4101 users online. 245 members and 3856 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X