• AresArmor.com registers the domain: senatorfeinstein.com

This should end up being rather entertaining:

http://aresarmor.com/

http://senatorfeinstein.com/

So basically they are facilitating their own demise as a business? Hmmm

Comment

haha, I am sure she will love that.

Comment

Yeah, if any part of the gun is manufactured in a different state then where the company is located in then they have a bide by federal laws regarding serial numbers. I don't know how this company thinks they are going to get away with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
          Yeah, if any part of the gun is manufactured in a different state then where the company is located in then they have a bide by federal laws regarding serial numbers. I don't know how this company thinks they are going to get away with this.
          They aren't selling guns, they're selling the blank metal parts. You have to do the mill work and assembly to make it function. No law against selling blanks and the jigs for home made. Doesn't need a serial number if you make it yourself for your own personal use. You cannot sell these as they become illegal firearms without a serial number if you assemble them and sell or give them to another person. There is a youtube video that explains it. I could never do it, I don't have skill for milling metal, nor the patients to try and put all the small parts together to make it function. The kits have everything needed to make a functioning firearm, you just have to do the hard stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30i_6awxEG4
          Last edited by GIOSTORMUSNRET; 01-11-2013, 09:00 PM.
          GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
            Can't you buy just about every part needed to make a functioning rifle over the internet? Seriously lower receiver, upper receiver, barrel, stock, firing pin, etc... and assemble the rifle in your own home even though none of the serial numbers match; it would still be a legal firearm cause you built it with off the shelf readily available parts. You wouldn't have to register the rifle would you? Individually and unassembled the parts are just parts, it doesn't become a rifle till it's assembled.
            GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Originally posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
              Can't you buy just about every part needed to make a functioning rifle over the internet? Seriously lower receiver, upper receiver, barrel, stock, firing pin, etc... and assemble the rifle in your own home even though none of the serial numbers match; it would still be a legal firearm cause you built it with off the shelf readily available parts. You wouldn't have to register the rifle would you? Individually and unassembled the parts are just parts, it doesn't become a rifle till it's assembled.
              While you can buy the parts over the net, there are a couple implications. First, the lower in this case would have to go to an FFL, unless bought from a private party within Florida (using that as an example since that is where you are). However, even if that was the case, the lower and all the other parts, if they cross a state line at all, the feds use that as justification for regulation under the Interstate Commerce Clause.

Now, 80% lowers are a different beast. They are nothing more than a hunk of Aluminum that has had most of the machining done already so you can finish them out. While they are involved in interstate commerce, the BATFE has ruled that they are not guns until they are finished. That is why you can buy them over the net and have them delivered to your door. That is why it is also not required to serialize it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4292 users online. 248 members and 4044 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X