Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not on Facebook? You must be a psycho!

At least according to a bunch of people whose opinions matter not a bit to me. The only problem I have is the employers part of it.
    Facebook has become such a pervasive force in modern society that increasing numbers of employers, and even some psychologists, believe people who aren't on social networking sites are 'suspicious.'
    http://tinyurl.com/8s28skj

Good grief, that is so lame. How about I'm not on Facebook because its stupid? Maybe employers ought to think I'm incredibly smart for doing something better with my time than playing Farmville all day. Now MySpace, that's entirely different

Comment

I deleted facebook the day I started applying at LEO agencies. Other then that all it was is people I haven't spoken to in years spreading their gossip and drama.

Comment

Well I guess it's now official that I'm a weirdo...

I'm the only person in my family (and friends) who don't have FB... and I'm damn proud of it!

Comment

Yeah, and it wasn't that long ago that another "study" said people who use FB are egotistical or something like that. "Whatevah."

I gave it up partly because I didn't need to receive a message every time "a friend of a friend of a friend" (what song is that from?) "Liked" something, sliced cheese, etc.

Just this past week I ran across a news story about a sheriff somewhere who allegedly fired some people because they had "Liked" his opponent's FB page before the election. I figured it was old news here, so I didn't start a thread about it, but jeez . . .
          Pretending not to notice something like that might not be easy, but it will avoid wrongful termination lawsuits. Then you can just add their names to your list of People Who Bear Watching.
          --
          Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

My daughter works for a Federal LE agency. She was told by her supervisor specifically NOT to have a facebook page. Apparently defense attorneys look for ways to discredit prosecution witnesses and social media just gives more opportunity to have something untoward show up. That was the theory of one supervisor, I doubt it is policy agency wide.
            When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Comment

Here's why I'm not in any Facebook or social media website.

social-networking-disorder-diagram.jpg
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Sgt. Slaughter brought it to you first. Facebook is the debil.

You're welcome.

http://forums.officer.com/t177510/
                NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Thats why you never use your real information on facebook. My screen name for it isnt my real name but one i made up. There is no way to trace it back to me unless you happen to find people that have me on their friends list. Even then you would have to figure out which one i am.
                  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9279[/ATTACH]

Sire L-1

I so concurs....

Ya' know what daz' say 'bout a picture thingy...

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                    Sgt. Slaughter brought it to you first. Facebook is the debil.

You're welcome.

http://forums.officer.com/t177510/

Da' Sarge sho' nuff's did's!!!

Yup's,,, Iz' swear dat's da' tooth...errr truth!!!

Da' Sarge is a teacha' of recovery of da' disasters he bez'...

Yall's outta' thaNk him Iz' declares..

For once, I agree with the Idiot.
                    Originally posted by mookster
                    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                    Originally posted by CityCopDC
                    I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                    Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                    I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                    -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Oh Lieutenant....you hurt my feelings.....I'm on Twitter!!!!

Well, all I really do is just follow 160 accounts. I've tweeted some poeple before (police officers, news reporters etc) I even got a photo I took and tweeted printed in a local newspaper! But all in all, I don't tweet that much.
                      "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Comment

Man, I Twit, I Face and I O.Com.

I got it all covered. Of course, if I was still on the job, I wouldn't chance it but now living the life of a free, fat, old white boy, employed in the private sector, making twice what I made as a cop and freely excercising my right to free speech as a writer, over 21 and straight, I can say anything, smoke anything, eat anything, drink anything, insult anyone, slam everyone, opine about anything that annoys me and if they don't like it they can kiss me right in the crack of my big, white, fat ***.

And, they gotta keep sending the checks. Life is good.
                        The All New
                        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Comment

^^^^^ Now you got me wondering ^^^^^^^^^
                            The All New
                            BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                            Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                            - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

It is one of the best ways to stay in contact with deployed family and friends. They get a few minutes of online time and can post an update which goes out to each person who cares.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7284 users online. 310 members and 6974 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X