300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I Met Admiral Sullivan

Last weekend my friend Roxanne and I traveled to Phoenix for a Police collector's show. Admiral Sullivan knew we were coming and said he would drop by to check us out.

Roxanne and I were attempting to vend our priceless police collectibles (AKA crap) at the show when a slight man walked behind out tables, announced, "I'm the Admiral," and plopped down in a chair. Then without further adieu he attempted to help sell our stuff to passers by. This was when things got colorful. First, the Admiral's thought process is akin to the way he posts messages here on o.com. This somehow combined with his knowledge of physics and "stuff" and when he spoke with customers, he got distracted and the conversations often drifted. The next thing we knew, he was giving our customers detailed lectures on the metal and mineral analysis of their jewelry, talking about time compression, or telling them why no one knew what electrons really were (picture a younger version of the professor from Fringe, but more frightening). Oddly enough, he drew a crowd of cops throughout the day but they were more interested in hearing what he had to say than sending him off for a 72 hour evaluation.

Then the Admiral introduced us to Trigger, his electric horse who travels the universe at the speed of light. If any of you are old enough to remember the movie Harvey, I believe Trigger and Harvey are related.

Should any of you come to Phoenix and wish to meet the Admiral, here are some simple ground rules for your first encounter:

1. If he gives you an invisible carrot to feed Trigger, refuse at your own risk. He is quite fond of his equally invisible horse and will take great offense if you decline.

2. Do not look him directly in the eye. He may take it as a challenge and react accordingly.

3. He may offer you a drink from his flask (which smells suspiciously like a combination of whisky and hydraulic fluid). He will understand if you decline and admits it is an acquired taste.

Beyond that I suspect he is harmless if not riled up.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Nice...we had an officer who collected Police hats from around the world. I believe his hat collection was over a 1,000 of them and we had a police museum in our city. I did not know there were trade shows for just Police stuff
    Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Nice d-script there, L-1.

Thanks for that visual.

Comment

Sounds like it was a blast. How did he know it was you? And were you able to get rid of your priceless police collectibles?

Trigger is electric and invisible?

Wish they had such a show out here! Hmmmm...your downsizing took about 2 years.
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
          How did he know it was you?
          I previously mentioned to him that Rox had red hair. She was the only red head there. Was easy to spot.

And were you able to get rid of your priceless police collectibles?
          Thanks to the Admiral's ongoing ramblings (which distracted the buyers) I sold one item for $5. I still have an SUV full of crap... I mean priceless police memorabilia.

Trigger is electric and invisible?
          Yes, according to Sully. And just as Jimmy Stewart had long philosophical discussions with Harvey the invisible Rabbit, Sully appears to have deep discussions with Trigger.

Wish they had such a show out here! Hmmmm...your downsizing took about 2 years.
          There will be a small show in Cleveland on May 19th and the National Collector's Show in St. Charles, MO on June 30th and July 1st.

Collector's Badges - Shows and Events
          Last edited by L-1; 05-01-2012, 11:13 PM.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

He reminds me of Jerry Lewis' character in The Nutty Professor.

Except shorter.

And not as thin.

And with less hair.

And no 'Buddy Love.'

At least their voice is similar.

NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

L-1 thanks for the info...never knew of such a website
              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I've often wondered if he was crazy, or if his postings were just an act....or drunken rambling.....
                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Sarge knows.....
                  NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Friggin hilarious recount, Lieutenant. LMAO
                    The All New
                    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by USMCEvan
                      Dang. Now I REALLY have to get out to AZ for some quality O.Com time. Gotta meet the Admiral, the Sarge, and the ever-so-lovely ICBE. L-1, if you are able to make it over and join the party, I'd certainly expect it to be quite a memorable experience!
                      Due to current op-tempo and scheduling pains in the anuses, it's more than likely to not happen. The group thing, that is.
                      NRA Life Member

Comment

Dang. Now I REALLY have to get out to AZ for some quality O.Com time. Gotta meet the Admiral, the Sarge, and the ever-so-lovely ICBE. L-1, if you are able to make it over and join the party, I'dcertainly expect it to be quite a memorable experience!
                        Wow you forgot about me!! And we're friends on facebook lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                          He reminds me of Jerry Lewis' character in The Nutty Professor.

Except shorter.

And not as thin.

And with less hair.

And no 'Buddy Love.'

At least their voice is similar.

Da' SarGe.........

don'ts knoW's nutt'In,, I'z do's say!!!!!

WATCH!!!!

Why I be a' "shift'in a' sHape shiFt'in,,, all's da' times fer' aLl's O' time, I was......

When da' Sarge comes ova' ta' ma' 10-20,,, Well hells bells...I look just like's a he'-man chang'in bubble in da' warped time space fabric stuff dat' snaps between's his brain cellS and da' otha' gooey stufFy,,, in thar', I do statE with ab-so-lUt-lY pure O' heart dan' da' light out of a exPod'in SupeR noVa I do declars'....

Dat's da' Good Lord....

And dat's da' tooth and wHole tooTh....

SEE!!!!!!! Dat!!!! Iz a muLti- Dem-intiOn-al, hoPp'in, Anti-LEO tRolliAn Killa',,I iz!!!

Dang. Now I REALLY have to get out to AZ for some quality O.Com time. Gotta meet the Admiral, the Sarge, and the ever-so-lovely ICBE. L-1, if you are able to make it over and join the party, I'dcertainly expect it to be quite a memorable experience!

Gawdamns right USMCEvan's...Why,,WhY,,,whY..I,,I,,,I,, Ummmmm......Ummmmm

I will's drunk ya' unDa' da' TaBle I will's,,, wid' half ma' Pie hole in da' blacK hole oF dat' thiNgy ova' thar' over thar'!!!moUth in one side and ma' tube thiNgy in da' totha'!! I do sweAr's....

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                          I've often wondered if he was crazy, or if his postings were just an act....or drunken rambling.....

SquiRe Trooper reils49'er,

... that is bold, italic and underlined.

'Iz is a' 2 outta' da' three ...... Dat'S right!!!!! Two, one, two.......01,10, 0001, 0010.... 010.... Dar' 3 coUnt'in sytem thinGy's I do state With T-toTaly im-Pu-ni-Ty of da' ,,, Da',, Yaz' a' count'in syStEm I iz!!!!!!!!!

voodo docta' I do'S say!!!

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                          Sarge knows.....

Don't nutha'!!!!! NoboDy's knoWs nutt'in fer' sure, nOt's fer' sure...OnlY da' Admrial da' Perfesser O' stuff,, knows fer' sure.....I am eveywhere's I 'iz,,,, On a million, trillion, tRilLion, moleCuLes of EthYl alcoHol, I is....Like soMe inter-twi-ni' tangled mess O' web called Da' mycelium of da' cosmic puBic region. of lost star dust thrown throught all O' tIMe anD thAt nasTy spaCe, where onLy da' dingle berry hangs and waits.......HanG'in's and waItin's......

Until Wez' all staRt a swir'in 'aRounds da' old Gawdamns draIn in ma' brain..

Note:

Pilot T-1 ... "sweet carrot"

da' re-man-u-fact-lured.......

Them.....We Kilt......

Ya' Know..... J

Da' 'resTriction,,, between da' tooth and yaz' braiNs...

and yaz' hair-dressa'......

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                          Friggin hilarious recount, Lieutenant. LMAO

Squire Trooper 1042,

That drunk A-hole never was there...It was me.....I admit it......

I skated right in, in the most glorious manner..... ( GO!!! G.M.)

Into that trade show with highly collectible items....

L-1 items......

The best...........

In tha' West.....

.................................................. .................................................

I set it all up...

He was drunk.....

In the barn....

The whole time....

I could not help myself...

I even tied that bastard up so he may not attempt an escape....

I had to...

He's not human you see....

He's Major Monty's doing......

I did it for you....

I did it for all....

For all of Humanity.....

I did.....

I am,
                          I am the Trigger!!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by asullivan; 05-02-2012, 07:08 AM. Reason: OperAtional ErroR,,,, hiGh input Z, low drag Queen
                          Originally posted by mookster
                          Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                          Originally posted by CityCopDC
                          I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                          Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                          I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                          -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Sorta like that beetle juice character huh?? mention his name to much and he shows up and its a helluva fight to stuff him back in his can.
                            Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                              I previously mentioned to him that Rox had red hair. She was the only red head there. Was easy to spot.

Thanks to the Admiral's ongoing ramblings (which distracted the buyers) I sold one item for $5. I still have an SUV full of crap... I mean priceless police memorabilia.

Ya' butt's Iz got's $10,000,000,000 note,,, ya' gave ma'......

:Iz be rich......

Yes, Sully appears to have deep discussions with Trigger.

[/QUOTE]

Well's dat's a damn shame it tiz'.....

Some po' ole' bas-tar'd talks an' a' blabb'in ta' a over grOwn rabbit.....

I previously mentioned to him that Rox had red hair
                              Did's not I say!!!!

I know's a red foX when I see one.....

Iz got a love poem,, Or' dump'in fer' Roxy...Roxy ma' Ann's I do's.....
                              Last edited by asullivan; 05-03-2012, 06:04 AM.
                              Originally posted by mookster
                              Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                              Originally posted by CityCopDC
                              I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                              Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                              I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                              -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3336 users online. 183 members and 3153 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X