300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 22 1963

President Kennedy was killed 48 years ago today and I have yet to see it mentioned on any tv program or any news site that I have looked at....

I can still recall sitting in biology class with my teacher,, Mr. Dills when he advised the class of the death of the President....
    Retired LASD

They made mention of it on a local news radio station here this morning.

I was five years old at the time but remember the 'grown ups' reactions to the news. At the babysitters when the news broke. She was watching TV, sat down and openly cried. I wasn't sure what was going on but knew it wasn't good.

I also remember watching Ruby donk off Oswald on television a few days later (whenever that happened).
    sigpic
    Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
    And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

At the Henry Ford Museum up here, they have the limosine that Kennedy was assassinated in on display.

They also have the chair Abraham Lincoln was sitting in when he was shot on display, with his dried blood on it.

Is it me, or is this ghoulish and disrespectful?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
      (")_(")
      Copy and paste Bunny into your
      signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
        At the Henry Ford Museum up here, they have the limosine that Kennedy was assassinated in on display.

They also have the chair Abraham Lincoln was sitting in when he was shot on display, with his dried blood on it.

Is it me, or is this ghoulish and disrespectful?
        It is you. History is history.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

JFK was a great man and a hero of mine. I toured the shooting site in Dallas this year. Very informative stuff.

Anyway, I think that everyone on this board can agree with two things: 1) He was a great man and 2) Oswald did not act alone.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

The Dallas site is very interesting.. they also used to have a Conspiracy museum around in that area also but I didn't see it last year when I was there.which I heard was equally as interesting... ..although undoubtedly pure speculation.
            I'm not small, I'm fun sized....

You're the reason I have Pistanthrophobia.

Where's my EFF You Font on my computer?

Скажите мне другая история...

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
              Anyway, I think that everyone on this board can agree with two things: 1) He was a great man and 2) Oswald did not act alone.
              I'll go with dynamic. "Great" remains to be seen. Don't get me wrong. Very impressed with how he stared down the Soviets when it was needed but don't forget, he also initiated our involvement in Viet Nam. We all know where that went. And when it comes to infidelity......well, nough said.

Had Oswald NOT acted alone (jury's still out on that one), I'm thinking Cosa Nostra. They pretty much gave Kenndy the election by handing Illinois over to him then he turns around and sicks Bobby on them. The Jack Ruby connection gives more credence to this theory.
              sigpic
              Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
              And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

I was still baking in the oven when this happened, so I have no memories of it. And Oswald acted alone.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Smurfette
                Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                Originally posted by DAL
                You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

I don't know if it's newsworthy since there is nothing to add. I've watched a show a day or two ago about Oswald's missing bullet and they had the Kennedy's lost movies on today. I was almost a month old when it happened.

Comment

I drove by the grassy noll this past weekend and there was a pretty big crowd gathered there. It amazes me the number of conspiracy theorists still out there.
                    Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand...

Comment

Retired, I noticed that too. The only place I saw it in today's paper was in that goofy little column on the funny pages, with big things happening on this date in history. Woo-hoo, right next to the death of Blackbeard in 1718. It has truly faded into the American background.

I imagine there will be a lot said two years from now.
                      If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

I would think, this being an LEO website, people would pay more attention to Officer J.D. Tippit on this day. He was shot by Oswald a little bit after President Kennedy was shot. Oswald was actually arrested for the murder of Officer Tippit first, not the President.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._D._Tippit

Comment

Originally posted by Utah Deputy View Post
                          I would think, this being an LEO website, people would pay more attention to Officer J.D. Tippit on this day. He was shot by Oswald a little bit after President Kennedy was shot. Oswald was actually arrested for the murder of Officer Tippit first, not the President.

Nice Call Utah!!
                          I'm not small, I'm fun sized....

You're the reason I have Pistanthrophobia.

Where's my EFF You Font on my computer?

Скажите мне другая история...

Comment

Originally posted by Utah Deputy View Post

Dallas PD has a nice set-up in the lobby about Tippit. I remember looking at it while applying several years ago, but not really what was there - I was distracted.
                            If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

I was pretty young, but I remember the feelings were much like those right after the 9/11 attacks...the Cuban Missile crisis made the thought of war very real.
                              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6113 users online. 242 members and 5871 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X