300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Courtesy

Another thread gave me the idea for this one.What common courtesies, are not any longer?* Identifying yourself on the phone before you ask if somneone in my home is there* Holding doors open for people right behind you* Helping older folks when they are struggling to step up a curb or on stairs.Stuff like that
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

I do all those things. Even help old ladies in the store when they struggle to lift or reach things. Other people though....
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Here's a few that I've noticed that really bug me:

-Blocking the whole aisle at the grocery store with your cart then proceed to walk away from your cart, forcing someone else to move it just so they can get down the aisle.

-Talking on your phone will checking out at a store.

-Cashiers at stores that do not say thank you or "have a nice day" when you finish the transaction.

-People who do not say please & thank you, in general.
      Everybody counts or no one counts.
      -Harry Bosch

Some of you may remember that in my early days I was sort of a bleeding heart liberal. Then I became a man and put away childish things.
      -Ronald Reagan

Comment

What is this Common Courtesy thing you speak of???

Really though, the saying who you on the phone is like a let peeve of mine. I just had someone call and when I asked who was calling they had the nerve to snap back with "you first." You called me, not the other way around!
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
        (")_(")
        Copy and paste Bunny into your
        signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

^^^ I like the one where they call you and it goes like this, me: hello, caller: who is this? me, I don't know I can't see you...

Cashiers that cannot make change.

One of mine also is the buggy in the middle of the aisle.
          It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
          Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

where to start....

People who dont say thank you for holding the door.
            - Drivers who stay in the right lane to go straight on red lights. (blocking right hand turns)
            - - Drivers who hit the brakes hard, gun the gas, hit the brakes, gun gas... its like a domino.
            People not washing their hands in the public bathroom.
            People throwing the towels on the floor and leaving them.
            People who don't understand tipping service members.

Generally any interaction with people in movie theaters ruins my movie.

Comment

I hate when food stamp and welfare recipients spend the money in front of me without thanking me for supporting them.

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
                I hate when food stamp and welfare recipients spend the money in front of me without thanking me for supporting them.
                I hate it more because more than often they are made to put back half of what they can't buy with it and I'm sure it's not their first time trying to beer or candy with it.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
                (")_(")
                Copy and paste Bunny into your
                signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Originally posted by stevenlandry2 View Post
                  People who dont say thank you for holding the door.
                  I just chime in wit a voluntary "You're welcome.", when this happens.
                  I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

People are generally in a rush nowadays and don't take the time to be polite...period.
                    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
                      People are generally in a rush nowadays and don't take the time to be polite...period.
                      Its not about being in a rush. I'm in a rush too most of the time and I still say a quick please or thank you. Its people who just don't give a **** anymore.

As for the shopping cart in the middle of the aisle, solve the problem by pushing their cart down to the end of the aisle with your cart.

Comment

I really dislike it when people I'm talking to do not take off their sunglasses.
                        I really dislike it when a deputy I'm with doesn't take off his hat in someone else's home.
                        I really dislike it when someone is being interviewed on TV and leaves his sunglasses on.
                        I really dislike it when a phone call or text message takes priority over me, while I'm there in person.
                        I really dislike it when my wife and I are greeted in a store or resturaunt as "guys".

Does that make me old fashioned, or just an a55? I'm good with either.

Want to have some fun? Ask the next cash register clerk you deal with to count back your change.
                        I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

General lack of "please" and "thank you."

Lack of respect for the written language (their/there, your/you're, etc)

People who park in the middle of the traffic lane, 5 people get out, 1 exits and goes away, all 5 pile back in and they finally drive away - thus effectively blocking an entire street while they do what they need to do.

Taking a cell phone call while I'm talking to them - when at work I remove the cell phone and place it on top of the vehicle until I'm done conducting my business.

I held the door for my pregnant wife a few years ago. Two Vietnamese teenage females pushed her aside and forced their way in through the door I held. After all that they didn't even say thank you.

Total lack of courtesy for females, elderly, and handicapped.

In other words, I am really not happy with today's society.
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Smurfette
                          Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                          Originally posted by DAL
                          You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Stupid formatting issues. I had a good story, but it makes me look stupid when I have a giant unigraph with multiple quotes all smooshed together.

Comment

Elevators! You can't get in until I get out. So move your dog/kids/boxes/groceries/stroller/self out of the way.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6180 users online. 304 members and 5876 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X