300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Bad Neighbors Rant

So almost every other weekend, people in my neighborhood have garage sales. And since my house is on a corner, I guess it's an ideal location for advertising. But I've gone outside before to find 2 or 3 yard sale signs in my yard, near the corner. People have done the same thing with political advertisements.

It totally baffles me why people think that's o.k. First off, it violates city ordinance, but whatever... I'm not code enforcement, and I don't feel the need to get them involved. So I just take the signs down and throw them away.

Yesterday I came home to find a large cardboard sign in my yard. Once again, I simply took the sign down and put it in a trash can. But this morning I wake up, and the sign is BACK in my yard. So the person went into my trashcan and re-erected the sign, which I obviously didn't want. Again, I put the sign in my trash. So this evening, a guy knocks on my door to complain to me about throwing his sign away. He was polite, so I was polite in return. But he was just whiney as hell. Even worse, he for some reason brought his two small children along to argue on a stranger's front porch. It just seems so simple to me... IT'S MY YARD. PLEASE DON'T PUT YOUR SIGNS IN IT. I couldn't believe we were even having a discussion about it. If he'd asked permission in the first place, I might have said 'o.k.'

Since he seems to be the whiney liberal type (no offense to whiney liberals, I was raised by one), I thought about putting a Rick Perry for president sign up in his yard and see how he likes it.

I really hate being made out to be the d*ck on the street. I just have a thing about private property and common courtesy. When I was a kid and my basketball went in the neighbors' yard, my parents taught me to go up and ring the doorbell and ask them if I could get my ball back, rather than go in their backyard without permission. I mean this is TEXAS for godsake.
    "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

I really hate being made out to be the d*ck on the street.

THEN BE NICE!!! People aren't perfect. I understand you being wound about yer car getting messed up though.
    Since cops are all about safety, it's in your best interest to be nice to your neighbors. They'll be respectful of you and your property and they'll also look out for your property IF THEY LIKE YOU. Geez, you might be living there for 30 years. Make an effort.

sooo....did you let him put his sign up?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
    (")_(")
    Copy and paste Bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

The next time someone places a sign, you should run outside frantically screaming nonsense and kick the crap out of their sign, thereby destroying it. You can end with a snarly "Get off my lawn", then walk back inside.
      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
        The next time someone places a sign, you should run outside frantically screaming nonsense and kick the crap out of their sign, thereby destroying it. You can end with a snarly "Get off my lawn", then walk back inside.
        *sigh*

you forgot the part about peeing on it...
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
          *sigh*

you forgot the part about peeing on it...
          Peeing on it would expose (pardon the pun) him to charges of indecent exposure.

He could also set them on fire and roast marshmallows.
          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

He could also set them on fire and roast marshmallows.
            which 'them'???!!! the signs, the people or his genitals?

Dang you sure are warped Slaughter. :P
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

How hard is for people to ask? Good for you for being adult about it. However you do seem to attract the winners.
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

Kind of takes one to know one doesn't it? Or was your mind already in the guttier.
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

I was referring to the signs. You're the one talking about roasted nuts.
                  NRA Life Member

Comment

Originally posted by CACBAND View Post
                    Kind of takes one to know one doesn't it? Or was your mind already in the guttier.
                    that's why i hang out in this cop-infested cesspool.
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

I see absolutely nothing wrong with how you handled it and everything wrong with the dork who knocked on your door.But, ya gotta give him a small amount for the rocks to knock on your door, when he knew what he did was presumptuous and rude.Like you, private property is a big deal to me. You ask, and I'll let you but a friggin billboard out there if you want. Don't ask permission and you are dogsheeot to me.Just sayin .........
                      Originally posted by adeutch View Post
                      So almost every other weekend, people in my neighborhood have garage sales. And since my house is on a corner, I guess it's an ideal location for advertising. But I've gone outside before to find 2 or 3 yard sale signs in my yard, near the corner. People have done the same thing with political advertisements. It totally baffles me why people think that's o.k. First off, it violates city ordinance, but whatever... I'm not code enforcement, and I don't feel the need to get them involved. So I just take the signs down and throw them away. Yesterday I came home to find a large cardboard sign in my yard. Once again, I simply took the sign down and put it in a trash can. But this morning I wake up, and the sign is BACK in my yard. So the person went into my trashcan and re-erected the sign, which I obviously didn't want. Again, I put the sign in my trash. So this evening, a guy knocks on my door to complain to me about throwing his sign away. He was polite, so I was polite in return. But he was just whiney as hell. Even worse, he for some reason brought his two small children along to argue on a stranger's front porch. It just seems so simple to me... IT'S MY YARD. PLEASE DON'T PUT YOUR SIGNS IN IT. I couldn't believe we were even having a discussion about it. If he'd asked permission in the first place, I might have said 'o.k.' Since he seems to be the whiney liberal type (no offense to whiney liberals, I was raised by one), I thought about putting a Rick Perry for president sign up in his yard and see how he likes it. I really hate being made out to be the d*ck on the street. I just have a thing about private property and common courtesy. When I was a kid and my basketball went in the neighbors' yard, my parents taught me to go up and ring the doorbell and ask them if I could get my ball back, rather than go in their backyard without permission. I mean this is TEXAS for godsake.
                      The All New
                      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Only if his parts are exposed. If he is able to hide them form public view while doing this, no indecent exposure.
                        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                          But, ya gotta give him a small amount for the rocks to knock on your door, when he knew what he did was presumptuous and rude.
                          True, and the dude definitely has his passive aggression down to an art. He brings his adorable two children with him, and both of them look slightly terrified. I'm like come on! I wish he would have just come with an attitude. It felt absolutely ridiculous having a calm discussion about why I get to make decisions about how MY property is used. But I'm not about to tell him what I REALLY think in front of his kiddos.
                          "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

I really hate being made out to be the d*ck on the street.

THEN BE NICE!!! People aren't perfect. I understand you being wound about yer car getting messed up though.
                            Since cops are all about safety, it's in your best interest to be nice to your neighbors. They'll be respectful of you and your property and they'll also look out for your property IF THEY LIKE YOU. Geez, you might be living there for 30 years. Make an effort.

sooo....did you let him put his sign up?
                            I felt like I was pretty nice about it. But I did not let him put his sign up because he put it up TWICE without my permission. I did however tell him his sign was still in tact in an otherwise empty trashcan, and I told him he was welcome to retreive it and try his luck with someone else's yard.

I agree about getting the neighbors on your side, but I felt like I was getting walked on after the sign went right back up after a pretty obvious message that I didn't want it there.

The night my neighbor crashed into my car another neighbor was an outstanding witness and actually walked with me to the house when I confronted them about it. I think he's on disability or works from home or something because he's always around and seems to know the gossip about everyone on the street. He saw me in uniform when I was leaving for work one day and came over and said he was glad there was a cop on the street. I told him he was welcome to knock on my door any time he needed help, whether it be an emergency or just suspicious persons/vehicles (burglaries are pretty high in my neighborhood).

Comment

Your street is like a train wreck; everytime I see you post I have to see what it's about... can't you set up just one video camera.?.seriously..this is better than HBO...
                              I'm not small, I'm fun sized....

You're the reason I have Pistanthrophobia.

Where's my EFF You Font on my computer?

Скажите мне другая история...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11649 users online. 491 members and 11158 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X