300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation where??/

In the U.S.,where would you like to go on vacation that you haven't been? I'd like to go to Rhode Island.
    I'm old......that's all.

East Coast Eating Road Trip

I have been watching Diners, Drive ins and Dives for some time now, plus I have a list of places I have heard of on my own. Starting in Miami's Little Havana I would like to nibble my way up the east coast experiencing a number of restaurants that serve Ropa Vieje, BBQ, wood fired pizza, french fries, philly cheese steaks, etc. There are some Amish buffets on Pennsylvania that supposedly leave you walking away 20 pounds heavier. I've left them for the end of the road trip.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Pennsylvania's beautiful country. I'd also like to go to Florida!
      I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by wyofirebirdbaby View Post
        In the U.S.,where would you like to go on vacation that you haven't been? I'd like to go to Rhode Island.
        Rhode Island is fantastic!!!
        We just spent a couple of weeks in New England watching the leaves change. Rhode Island was the most beautiful state, along with Vermont and New Hampshire! It was the best trip and I recommend that everyone visit there! The people were so friendly and the weather was great. I know that now it colder than I-don't-know-what, but we had great weather.

We went to Providence and Newport. In Providence, we happened upon Waterfire, which is a festival that is held several times during the summer. It was wonderful and we had a great time.

I have run out of adjectives that I can spell without a dictionary....

I want to visit Alaska....
        "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes..."

"You must get involved to have an impact. No one is impressed with the won-loss record of the referee." - John H. Holcomb

"I'm a driver's wife, Ricky Bobby! I don't WORK!"

Comment

Now Alaska I've been to. It was in the middle of the summer and it never got dark. Never got above 68 degrees where we were. Ate fresh Salmon fixed a different way every evening. No trees,only tundra,which is soft and spongey to walk on. On a clear day we'd go up on the hill and could see the shore of Russia!

Only way to get where we were was by seaplane! Took a cruise ship back to Washington. Saw real Eskimos,their dogs and igloos! Big glaciers were seen from the ship and that was something else! It was awesome and I'll never forget it!
          I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Alaska and Hawaii. I've neever been on an airplane before though.. I havnt done a lot of living lol
            Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

I would like visit DC than travel up to New York, but my wife wont go there because she beleives there is to murders take place there. One way I've seen this beautiful county is by the AmTrack DVD's I have . One from DC up to Chicago from there to Sacramento. I have two other one's one goes from Chicago to Los Angeies the last one goes from San diego to Los Angeies and from there up coast line to Seattle.

What they have also done withing these DVD's is shown some steam train trips can take and that is when you see some really nice county side.
              There are certain crimes that are simply too cruel, too sadistic, too hideous to be forgiven.”
              ― John E. Douglas, Journey Into Darkness.

6 Things you don't mess with.
              MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

MY HONOR AND THE THIN BLUE LINE

Comment

Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Wyoming.

Comment

How about a fully-funded steakhouse tour of the US? The top two or three in each state for starters.
                  "Snort-laughter is the best medicine"
                  ----- Mussel Bound

Don't forget to laugh today. The more implausible it seems, the more you need to.

Comment

Before I die I want to go to Washington DC... I want to see the Vietnam Memorial Wall and lay flowers by the names of the friends I knew that died in a land so far from home.....
                    Retired LASD

Comment

Delaware........

..........Delaware

Comment

Originally posted by ImperialCop
                        I've only gone to the US once, I'd like to go again. California, New York, and Vermont are places I'd like to visit.

Those are nice.. you'd probably love Denver, Colorado if you think Vermont is a nice state to visit... also any where around the blue ridge mountains/Virginia area...
                        I'm not small, I'm fun sized....

You're the reason I have Pistanthrophobia.

Where's my EFF You Font on my computer?

Скажите мне другая история...

Comment

Used to have family up there; it's a beautiful state. I'd like to go to Alaska.

Comment

Alaska. And Wyoming to see Yellowstone.

Comment

Pennsylvania's beautiful country. I'd also like to go to Florida!
                              Get in your car and drive. Nothing beats the road. I'd like to visit Charleston, SC.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4332 users online. 153 members and 4179 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X