300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National alert system test,,, failure

Reading many different stories about the test today for the national emergency alert system which was conducted nationwide on radio and television....

The test was a failure as many people in many states so nothing on their televisions or had 30 seconds of dead air on the radio...
    Retired LASD

Our TV went black for about ten seconds...then the "test" teletyped on the bottom...then that was it!
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I hope they didnt screw up anything i was recording with my dvr because of this test. They are retarded and noone pays attention to them. If you are in a area where there is a emergency happening that they need to use that you are well aware of it happening before hand.

Hell we get severe thunder storm warning on a weekly basis and we just ignore them.
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Absolutely nothing happened here!
        I'm old......that's all.

Comment

They are still announcing this on local cable hours after the test was supposed to happen.

Comment

It worked on KTTH AM radio when I was listening. I crawled under my desk until the alarm lifted.

Comment

Full of fail. Has the gov't not yet figured out that the best way to get information to large numbers of people nowadays is via the net? And if you want to maximize the number of people it goes to, mark it "secret." Bonus - has a cost of exactly zero taxpayer dollars. How much did this failure cost I wonder.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7919 users online. 325 members and 7594 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
              X