300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The End Times Must be Upon Us.....

I was talking with a former roommate of mine at a wedding last weekend and we were catching up. She was telling me about her job working for a dental clinic that does community outreach type work....serving vulnerable/poor populations etc..... Anyways, she told me that she and a co-worker were making calls to confirm appointments for the next day when they came across a name they did not know how to pronounce. It read "La-A". Confused, they finally surmised that it must be pronounced "lay-uh". So she called the girls mom to confirm the appointment.

Sophie: Hi, I'm Sophie from Dr. XXXX's office, and I'm calling to confirm an appointment tomorrow for La-A (lay-uh).

Mom: Oh no.....you supposed to pronounce the dash, it's "La Dash Uh".

How could anyone not have realized that you are supposed to pronounce the dash? Duh....

Reminds me of the woman who had twin girls. When asked what she was going to call them she said she would name them after the two most beautiful words she had ever heard: Sa-phillis and Gah-norea.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Dude, that actually happened at the ER I worked at in college...
      Originally posted by Ceridwen
      Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

You never know. What do we really know? In the grand scheme of things, not that much. How did we get here? Nobody here was there when it happened, so how do we know? We don't, do we. Makes you wonder. That is part of the function of the human mind, to wonder. Yes?

Comment

EEEEEBONICS!

But can they ever find their name on license plate at a touristy souvenir shop?

Last edited by deputy x 2; 07-30-2011, 06:49 AM.
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

That sounds like a lady that i saw on tv a few years back. She just had twins, and it was her second set of twins. She named the girl Deja vu, and the boy Dejan vu. Yup, these ppl are out there.

Comment

Job security
              Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Originally posted by phillydog07 View Post
                I was talking with a former roommate of mine at a wedding last weekend and we were catching up. She was telling me about her job working for a dental clinic that does community outreach type work....serving vulnerable/poor populations etc..... Anyways, she told me that she and a co-worker were making calls to confirm appointments for the next day when they came across a name they did not know how to pronounce. It read "La-A". Confused, they finally surmised that it must be pronounced "lay-uh". So she called the girls mom to confirm the appointment.

Sophie: Hi, I'm Sophie from Dr. XXXX's office, and I'm calling to confirm an appointment tomorrow for La-A (lay-uh).

Mom: Oh no.....you supposed to pronounce the dash, it's "La Dash Uh".

How could anyone not have realized that you are supposed to pronounce the dash? Duh....
                Connect the dots. La la laaa la.
                I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

I have seen the booking slips for "Orangello and Lemonjello". (Orange Jello, Lemon Jello)
                  "You can't handcuff me, I'm a college graduate!"
                  (Smurfette)

Comment

My wife use to work for a medicaid insurance provider. She actually came across a La-a, orangello, lemongello, and and absidee as she heard it, but it was Abcd and a chinese woman who pronounced her name Engie... when asked to spell it, she said "the letter N and the letter G."

John

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4847 users online. 319 members and 4528 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X