300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of kilts...

...which I was in the "Why is Open Carry Illegal?" thread...

A funny thing happened yesterday.

My wife and daughter and I were headed to the theater to see HP7. It was an absolutely gorgeous Alaska day -- 67 degrees, sunshine, and a light breeze. In other words, a perfect day for a kilt. Now, if you're too much of a girly-man to have worn a kilt, you really don't know what you're missing. Freedom of movement, plenty of air circulation, and freedom of ... uhhh ... movement. So I donned my trusty SportKilt in the clan tartan and off to the theater we went. (Yes, I was also carrying a pistol but it was covered with a vest.) My wife and daughter went into the auditorium and I made a detour to the men's room. On my way, I walked past two young ladies standing outside the womens' room and as I passed them, one said, "Hey, I want that!" and the other said, "I know, right?" I glanced back and they were obviously smiling right at me. Now, folks, I'm really not all that. I'm old, gray at the temples, and have a double chin but something struck the right chord with those gals.

I really should wear a kilt more often!
    "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
    But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
    "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
    We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

<<< moving to Alaska

Comment

kilt at the movies, huh? what was the "movie" you were going to watch again??

....."Paul Reubens" comes to mind
      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
        kilt at the movies, huh? what was the "movie" you were going to watch again??

....."Paul Reubens" comes to mind
        Dude, weren't you reading? My wife was with me. If there was anything going on, it wasn't "Paul Reubens style"!
        "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

Comment

Originally posted by bratlif2
          oooh! they have fur-trimmed kilts to keep your boy bits warm
          Got plenty of fur already, but thanks for the concern!

Comment

...but are you man enough to go commando? FREEDOM!

Comment

I just hope you sat on the cloth of the kilt instead of the cloth of the theater seat.
              Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by HeadDoc View Post
                ...which I was in the "Why is Open Carry Illegal?" thread...

A funny thing happened yesterday.

My wife and daughter and I were headed to the theater to see HP7. It was an absolutely gorgeous Alaska day -- 67 degrees, sunshine, and a light breeze. In other words, a perfect day for a kilt. Now, if you're too much of a girly-man to have worn a kilt, you really don't know what you're missing. Freedom of movement, plenty of air circulation, and freedom of ... uhhh ... movement. So I donned my trusty SportKilt in the clan tartan and off to the theater we went. (Yes, I was also carrying a pistol but it was covered with a vest.) My wife and daughter went into the auditorium and I made a detour to the men's room. On my way, I walked past two young ladies standing outside the womens' room and as I passed them, one said, "Hey, I want that!" and the other said, "I know, right?" I glanced back and they were obviously smiling right at me. Now, folks, I'm really not all that. I'm old, gray at the temples, and have a double chin but something struck the right chord with those gals.

I really should wear a kilt more often!
                Trust me, men in kilts are hot.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                  Trust me, men in kilts are hot.
                  I concur.
                  Originally posted by JasperST
                  "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
                  It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

Originally posted by Trauma1 View Post
                    I concur.
                    Now see guys...with both Trauma and myself signed on....and I'm sure we can get NG signed on as well.....maybe you should ask your SO to buy you one for Christmas. Just a thought.

Comment

I concur.
                      Yeah, there's always an aura of testosterone around a kilt-wearer for some reason.

Comment

I don't wear a kilt only because I don't have the right heritage. LADEP however will probably trade kilt stories with you.
                        Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                          ...but are you man enough to go commando? FREEDOM!
                          Ummm...It's a kilt. If I wore something under it, it would be a skirt.

I'll admit that it's kind of hard to keep "stuff" concealed -- the kilt only reaches to my knees!
                          Last edited by HeadDoc; 07-24-2011, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                            Yeah, there's always an aura of testosterone around a kilt-wearer for some reason.
                            And if the kilt wearing hottie has the accent, holy mother!
                            Originally posted by JasperST
                            "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
                            It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

And if the kilt wearing hottie has the accent, holy mother!
                              I do a great impression of Sean Connery but my wife has forbidden me to do it in the presence of other women.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9418 users online. 343 members and 9075 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X