300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents leave infant in hot car outside strip club

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – Two Louisville parents are facing charges after police say they found them drinking inside a strip club while their baby was left in the hot car.

Police went to Déjà Vu on Taylor Boulevard around 11 p.m. May 31. When officers arrived, they say they found the infant strapped in the car seat crying and soaked in sweat. The car was not running.

Soon after police got there, officers say 43-year-old Laura DiPrimo, the child's mother, ran out of the strip club and jumped in the car, started it and put down the windows. A short time later officers say the baby's father, 28-year-old Thomas Lee exited the bar.

An arrest report says both DiPrimo and Lee admitted to drinking. The reports also states that Lee was wearing an ankle bracelet because he was supposed to be on home incarceration in Clark County, Indiana.The child was OK, but both parents were arrested and charged with wanton endangerment.

At the time of the arrest, the heat index was 91 degrees. Officers say on the way to Louisville Metro Corrections, Lee complained that the police car was too hot.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Another version of the story.

A night out for mom and dad ended with the couple facing charges of wanton endangerment. Police say a couple left their infant child in a hot car, while they went into a strip club and drank. Both parents have spent some time behind bars in the recent past for incidents involving the same child. The father even had a house arrest ankle bracelet on at the time of his arrest Tuesday night. And the mom was familiar with the club; WHAS11 is told that's where she used to work. Police sped to the parking lot just before 11 p.m. Tuesday night, after receiving a call indicating an infant was left alone in a hot car in the Deja Vu strip club parking lot."They felt that the child had been there at least 15 or 20 minutes at that point," said Louisville Metro Police Spokesperson Dwight Mitchell. He said that the National Weather Service advised officers that the heat index at the time was 91 degrees. The infant's mother, Laura Diprimo, reportedly ran outside and tried to roll down the car windows after police arrived. She and the boy's father, Thomas Lee, were charged with felony wanton endangerment. Police say both had been drinking. Lee was wearing a home incarceration ankle bracelet for a prior conviction."We had a situation where a child died in a hot car. It was just mid 70s," said Lucy Lee, Executive Director of ECHO, a local non-profit organization that helps exploited, neglected and abused children. She says whoever called police is a hero."We don't have enough social workers to be everywhere all the time," Lee said. "This is the type of situation where child protection is truly a community issue.”WHAS11 discovered that last night's incident is not the first time the same child may have been endangered. Back in November, Lee was arrested after allegedly abducting the then 10-month-old child and refusing to tell police his whereabouts. Diprimo was arrested just last month after allegedly driving home from work at the strip club drunk on the 2nd Street Bridge with the boy in the car. She told the officer she had been drinking at work before picking up the child from a babysitter They boy is now with Diprimo's brother's girlfriend, who told WHAS11 the couple has had a longtime dysfunctional relationship."He's 27; she's in her 40's. So that tells you a big thing. He's still wanting to party and all that and she's trying to settle down and he ain't ready for that," she said CPS is now investigating.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Methinks the child should now be permanently removed and the parental rights terminated.

Comment

Yet my very good friend and his wife have been trying to conceive for over a year now.
        I don't understand his/her plan sometimes.
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Take the kid into State custody, and lock the f**ktard parents in a Conex trailer for an hour during midday, sans water or air...
          "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left..."
          "I swear to God, I'm gonna pistol whip the next guy who says 'Shenanigans' !"

Comment

They boy is now with Diprimo's brother's girlfriend
            Me thinks the whole family is jacked up.

Comment

Well, duh! You can't take a baby into a strip club. What are they supposed to do with the kid, check him at the coat check?

In seriousness, though, I was on a rideout this week and went to a call where a 3 year old had been left in the car for awhile in the parents' garage. The child was vomiting and had a temperature of 102. When questioned, the mother said the child had thrown a tantrum and refused to leave the car, so she left him there. Just one week prior a child in the SAME NEIGHBORHOOD died because his parents forgot he was in the car. And these people aren't trailer trash either. These incidents happened in an expensive area.
              Last edited by adeutch; 06-02-2011, 09:42 AM.
              "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

He needs hanging by his you know what and she needs hanging by her boobs and left out in the hot sun on an island. See how they like that.

Don't they have friends how could have look after the baby.??
                There are certain crimes that are simply too cruel, too sadistic, too hideous to be forgiven.”
                ― John E. Douglas, Journey Into Darkness.

6 Things you don't mess with.
                MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

MY HONOR AND THE THIN BLUE LINE

Comment

Deleted...
                  Last edited by jd08; 09-30-2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jd08 View Post
                    So here's my question. If a civilian happens upon a car with windows up and a child inside in extreme heat, would it be legal to force entry into the vehicle after calling L.E.?
                    Probably, but they would have to be able to articulate the imminent danger to the child. I know I sure as [email protected]#1 wouldn't charge anybody in that situation.

Comment

Mom wanted to go inside for a shooter.

I say give her what she wants and SHOOT HER!
                      sigpic
                      Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                      And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Take away parental rights and sterilize them both so they can't have more children.
                        “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

When the mom "ran out of the strip club and jumped in the car,[and] started it", does't being behind the wheel with the car running, even when in a parking lot and not moving, net a DUI charge? Tack on every bit you can.

We had a "child left in the car" call on one of my ridealongs. The caller told the dispatcher "...look for the red Ford Focus with a busted-out window..." When we arrived, we found the car, with the caller standing next to it with a tire iron. Funny thing; none of the responding deputies said a word about the window that just happened to mysteriously be broken.
                          Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
                          Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

Not only should you break the window to rescue the child, I would question why it wasn't done prior to my arrival.

Comment

So here's my question. If a civilian happens upon a car with windows up and a child inside in extreme heat, would it be legal to force entry into the vehicle after calling L.E.?
                              I'm sure you would be hard pressed to find some to point the finger at you. hell even if your knuckles were bleeding I would assume you fell
                              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6442 users online. 367 members and 6075 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X