300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get matching Touch-Up paint for my Ford Fusion 2011

So I was backing my Ford Fusion into a parking spot today and bumped into the retaining wall. I scraped off about 1" inch of paint off of the plastic bummer, the lowest part.

1.) Where can I get matching Touch-Up paint (best price)?

2.) And do I need to do anything besides put it on?

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/cho...FacZQgodyi_lSg
    Last edited by Sgt. Slaughter; 05-20-2011, 08:48 PM.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Go to the dealership where you bought the car. Should be able to point you in the right direction.
      "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
      I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

When I brushed a pole I got a scratch repair kit from autozone that carried the Subaru factory paint and primer, they should have it for ford.
        Life is what you make of it

Comment

I never came away from a dealership without a free bottle of touch up paint. Any Ford dealership will have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott941 View Post
            I never came away from a dealership without a free bottle of touch up paint. Any Ford dealership will have it.

Do I need primer AND paint?

Or just paint?

Comment

If it's bare plastic, you'll need primer. There are some general directions here:

Paint bottles - http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touchupdirections.htm

Paint pens - http://www.automotivetouchup.com/pai...directions.htm
              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

You shouldn't need primer if it's the right touch up paint. You should have no problems getting it from the dealership. Should definitely be less than $20.

Practice on something else before you try it on your car. Depending on the depth of the scrape, you may need multiple coats. Paint, let it dry, paint again.

Some people will tell you to sand it and all this other crap, but unless you know what you're doing I wouldn't even try.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4938 users online. 289 members and 4649 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X