300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divine Intervention... Makes sense.

Since commenting on a post about divine intervention with a counter argument for divine intervention is not allowed, I'll start my own.

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
    - Mark Twain

Come on dude....no one said it wasn't allowed. I felt it was just bad form, if not a bit rude, to pizz on someone's beliefs like that.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

It all depends on how you counter argue if you do pizz on someone's beliefs instead of being a bit more respectful then yea it wouldn't end too well. I haven't seen the thread so I can't judge here.
      Life is what you make of it

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
          Actually we were born with sin so there is no one in the world who has never sinned.

Comment

Originally posted by MD11pilot View Post
            Actually we were born with sin so there is no one in the world who has never sinned.
            Ah yes, the whole "born into sin" thing. I like this one. Nothing like inventing a problem in order to justify an answer. That's like a band-aid salesman slicing your arm so he can sell you a band-aid.

I don't know about you, but I find an issue with this type of logic, coming from a being who is supposedly responsible for the creation of all life.

Even better... how about another video response that sums it up nicely?

http://www.youtube.com/user/NonStamp...37/wKtuk0ZpnbY
            I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
            - Mark Twain

Comment

c'mon now...pujols told a very personal story about a co-worker and his explanation of the situation...
              its cool if you disagree with the explanation, however the explanation is subjective, to the person who it happened to...how about just a "good job getting the child rapist!" comment.
              If you dont believe in what the other thread is about, then thats fine, but let the poster have his say and his explanation of the matter
              "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
              The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
              sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
              Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

I'm not trying to detract from Pujolsfan and his story. That's not the purpose of the thread. It's simply a place to converse about views on the idea of divine intervention. Other members were upset about the comments on that thread and felt they detracted from his story or attacked him personally. It was not my intention to do so.

I simply started the thread to pose an alternate view on divine intervention without it derailing the thread by Pujols any further.

That thread can be for those who prescribe to such beliefs, this can be for conversation of those who do not. Both win, and no threads get locked.
                - Mark Twain

Comment

i know...that was not neccessarily directed at you, but mostly those who turned his thread into a "There aint no God!" argument, when that is his belief and he is entitled to it.....that thread certainly was not the place to debate those who believed the sensation his co-worker felt was divine intervention, as he did.
                  "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                  The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                  sanitizer

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyDiver View Post
                    Ah yes, the whole "born into sin" thing. I like this one. Nothing like inventing a problem in order to justify an answer. That's like a band-aid salesman slicing your arm so he can sell you a band-aid.

I don't know about you, but I find an issue with this type of logic, coming from a being who is supposedly responsible for the creation of all life.

Even better... how about another video response that sums it up nicely?

http://www.youtube.com/user/NonStamp...37/wKtuk0ZpnbY
                    See, you are insulting someone's beliefs again and you wonder why your counter arguments are not looked highly upon. There are ways to counter argue without insulting people.

Comment

^^ i get what your saying, but this is HIS thread....as long as there is no more BS on pujols thread about his friend experiencing something OTHER THAN WHAT HE FELT HE experienced, he's good to go
                      The Tick

sanitizer

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                        ^^ i get what your saying, but this is HIS thread....as long as there is no more BS on pujols thread about his friend experiencing something OTHER THAN WHAT HE FELT HE experienced, he's good to go
                        I understand that its his thread and I honestly don't care what his views are or whatnot, he asked a question and I answered it while proving a point.

Comment

I understand...and yes you did. No intention of disrespect
                          The Tick

sanitizer

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                            I understand...and yes you did. No intention of disrespect
                            You never came across as disrespectful towards me so no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by MD11pilot View Post
                              See, you are insulting someone's beliefs again and you wonder why your counter arguments are not looked highly upon. There are ways to counter argue without insulting people.
                              So, a believer can tell a non-believer that he is wrong, damned to hell, and must repent for sin he was born into or he will spend eternal damnation in hell but if I you regurgitate the same information back to the individual using cartoon form it's insulting? That seems a bit of a double standard. Ah! How convenient, another video illustrating my point!

I'm curious, at what point did religion become a protected topic? It seems anyone who questions religion or religious individuals is insulting or attacking them yet, the religious have no problem attacking those who do not believe and demanding respect from them for their "beliefs." Even more so for monotheistic religions.
                              - Mark Twain

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5666 users online. 337 members and 5329 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X