Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Macho Man' Randy Savage Dies in Car Accident

http://www.people.com/people/article...496220,00.html

Former wrestling champion "Macho Man" Randy Savage died on Friday morning in a car accident in Tampa, Fla. He was 58.

According to TMZ.com, the wrestling superstar, who was born Randall Mario Poffo, suffered a heart attack while driving and lost control of his car, crashing head-on into a tree after driving across a concrete median.

The Florida Highway Patrol says the wrestler was transported to Largo Medical Center where he died from injuries sustained in the accident. His wife, Lynn, was a passenger. She survived the crash, suffering minor injuries, according to the report.

Known for his catchphrase "Ooh yeah," and his colorful, over-the-top wardrobe, which often included sunglasses and headbands, Savage held over 20 championships during his professional wresting career, which began in 1985. He was also a seven-time world champion.

Due to his notoriety, in the '90s, Savage became the spokesman for Slim Jim.

His brother, Lanny Poffo, confirmed the news of Savage's death to TMZ.

I didn't follow his career but I wonder if steroids played a role? At least no one else got killed. I got a kick out of the titles though, whatever he won or held were just cosmetic.

Comment

He's snapping into a Slim Jim in Heaven tonight, boys.
      I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
          Now thats ****ed up
          It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

wonder what kind of car it was....
            "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
            The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
            sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
            Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
              Now thats ****ed up
              I mean no disrespect to the man. I grew up cheering for him and eating the Slimjims he hawked.

Here is what he looks like out of costume:

Comment

Wow would never have guessed.

Crass he was driving a jeep.
                It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

He was the guy "spiderman" wrestled in the first spidey movie a few years back
                  "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                  The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                  sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                  Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

RIP Macho Man....... Growing up in 80-90's watching WWF was the thing to do.

Comment

Better taste in wives than Hulk Hogan.

Comment

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Sgt. Slaughter sends his regards.
                          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

RIP. For professional wrestlers, 58 is like 80 in regular human years. A lot of people still make a lot of money because of him. He made it into a big time show. His dad was Angelo Poffo, but I also remember a wrestler named Leaping Lanny Poffo.

Comment

Originally posted by JJHunsacker View Post
                              RIP. For professional wrestlers, 58 is like 80 in regular human years. A lot of people still make a lot of money because of him. He made it into a big time show. His dad was Angelo Poffo, but I also remember a wrestler named Leaping Lanny Poffo.
                              Lanny was his brother...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3672 users online. 213 members and 3459 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X