300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poopie Bags....WTF?

Okay. What's the deal with folks who insist on walking around with dog poop bags full of ..... dog poop.

I have two dogs. Walk them all the time. Everytime I take them out I ensure I'm supplied with ample bags just in case. I'm fortunate enough to be in an area where I can walk them down the street a little, go into an area where I can cut them loose (they're well behaved and will return upon call) and let them do their business in nearby woods.

On the off chance they dump on a sidewalk; walkway; pathway; lawn; common area; etc; I've got the bags and will deploy them as needed. IF that occurs however, which is only about 10% of the time, any wooded or out of the way area is fair game (deer do it so who GsAF?), I am immediatley in "find a place to get rid of this bag" mode. Nothing else matters. There are trash cans strategically deployed along the area I can accomplish this task. I do so asap. NOTHING else matters once the bag has been deployed. Gotta dump the loaded bag. Carrying such a thing is revolting.

Point of entire rant.....I know a few neighbors, locals, and observed folks in other areas walking around on their dog walks stolling down the road/path with full bag in hand. Like nothing in the world is out of sorts. Nothing to it. Carrying the disgusting load like it was a Gucci bag!

How In TF can people do this? All I know is that once the bag has been deployed, it must be disposed of immediately. Then carry on with the walk. My dogs understand and appreciate this. They will follow me to the gates of Hell in order to accomplish this task. Then happily continue with the leisurely stroll without me being weighed down by a mass of dog feces.

I just don't understand any other point of view.

I know. Silly, useless, and utterly ridiculous rant but I suspect there are other "dog" people out there who empathize with this viewpoint.

You may now return to your normal lives.
    Last edited by KapsFB; 05-19-2011, 08:48 PM.
    sigpic
    Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
    And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

What?

You don't save it for the garden?

j/k

My dogs are gone, now, but I used to be on the look out for a place to ditch those bags (once they were 'deployed', as you put it). My husband and I had a running discussion-- on garbage pick-up day, can you drop your dog-bag in any garbage can set out at the side of the road, or is that dirty pool?

I said they are garbage cans, and no one should be offended if I add garbage to it-- and dog poop is definitely garbage! He disagreed, and didn't think we should do that.

He carried a lot of poop bags!
    We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
    but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

At least they are picking up their dog's poop! At the dog park, poop bags are available and many leave plastic grocery bags in case the dispenser is empty. Once your dog poops....pick it up...secure the bag and deposit it in the nearest garbage can. However some parks only have garbage cans at the entrance....if that is the case...pick up the poop, secure it and leave it on the trail. ON your way out...grab it and put it in the garbage can.

My mom who lives in the city....not many garbage cans in the residential area...carries it with her and puts it in her garbage can at home.

Again as long as you pick it up...who cares??

I hate walking in a park and seeing poop everywhere...or worse stepping in it.
      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I walk my Choc Lab. around my block every morning, carry a platsic bag and if he poops, pick up same and carry it back home to the trash. If its Wednesday which is trash day I will deposit said bag of poop in nearest trash can...
        Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
          +1

Comment

After said poop bag is utilized, the poop is disposed of in the nearest receptacle. I don't bring the poop home, after all the reason for the walk is to have the poop not happen near home. Right?
            Originally posted by JasperST
            "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
            It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

The funniest is. Women jogging with the baby strohlers, Dog leash in 1 hand, Poop bags dangling off the strohler.
              Originally posted by Michigan
              I won't say anything mean to you because you're obviously retarded. I don't know if you will understand or comprehend what everyone is saying to you, so put it this way: The internet is bad, bad place. No go, no go. Computer bad, no login. Stay home, eat sour patch kids- yum yum. No talk to no one. Stay home. Internet is bad, stay away. Bye, bye.

Comment

My golden retriever carries her own bag......once we get to the garbage can she drops it.
                This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

My golden retriever carries her own bag......once we get to the garbage can she drops it.
                  Now THAT is a well-trained dog!

Comment

Goldens always have to carry something....................................

Comment

Originally posted by Trauma1 View Post
                      After said poop bag is utilized, the poop is disposed of in the nearest receptacle. I don't bring the poop home, after all the reason for the walk is to have the poop not happen near home. Right?
                      Thanks for responses but as vague as it was, this wasn't my intent.

Originally posted by Steelers5 View Post
                      The funniest is. Women jogging with the baby strohlers, Dog leash in 1 hand, Poop bags dangling off the strohler.
                      THIS was. WTF? Running down the f'n road with full bag dangling???? WTMF????
                      sigpic

Comment

We have a very small dog (9 lbs) and it just seems so wasteful to "deploy the bag" to pick up her pitiful little offering, but of course we do. You folks with big dogs at least get your money's worth out of those bags.

They are then carried home and deposited in a small garbage can near the garage door - or at least flung in the direction of the can. The problem is, the poops are so light that a strong wind picks up those loose bags and they end up just about anywhere...

Now, we'd never do this ourselves, but the PROPER, ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY way to dispose of your dog poop is to bring it home and flush it. Yeah... I think I'll just train the dog to use the toilet.

Comment

You city people are funny as hell. I didn't know about that whole follow-your-dog-around- deal, but that's another reason I couldn't live in town.
                          Last edited by La Linea; 05-19-2011, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain Keppy View Post
                            What?

You don't save it for the garden?

I can always count on you for a proper........okay at least witty response. Until I have such a response of my own....you win!

My dogs are gone This part sucks. I know it'sa comin here....don't even want to contemplate.

You have my love and sympathy. SERIOUS.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks, KapsFB.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2995 users online. 174 members and 2821 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X