Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awsome seminar experience...how about you?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awsome seminar experience...how about you?

So, yesterday, I attended a CO POST-sponsored and Lakewood PD-hosted leadership seminar. Our speakers were:

Don Malarky...BAND OF BROTHERS Tech. Sgt. Don Malarky. All 90 years of him. His co-presentor is (?) Vance, who did most of the talking and would ask Malarky questions to fill in the blanks.

Matt Eversmann...BLACHAWK DOWN...Sgt. Matt Eversman. Incredibly humble guy who spent most of the time giving all the credit away for their success in Mogadishu.

And Dave Carrey, Capt. USN (Ret.) a 5-1/2 year "involuntary guest" of the North Vietnamese government. Talked about leadership and making choices in one's life.

I made an effort to shake hands with each and every one of these guys. Needless to say, I was uplifted by their deeds and their messages. Outstanding job, Lakewood PD!

So, tell us about speakers who blew you away...
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Pope John Paul II 1979 in Des Moines Iowa.

From about 75 ft away ------( I was working the event as a deputy)

Everything you saw on TV was magnified 100X hearing him in person---by far the most dynamic speaker I have ever heard

Oh,by the way, I am Baptist.............not Catholic.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Me- standing in front of a mirror every morning.
      Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
        Doesn't this post belong in the "How awesome are you thread"???

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
          LTC Grossman.....

Dave Smith...aka Buck Savage.....

W. speaking to DOJ employees.....

Anytime I am at the USS Arizona and get the honor to listen to Chief Historian Daniel Martinez....

Gary Sinise talking on stage about his gratefulness to the GIs that are protecting the US......

Comment

Doesn't this post belong in the "How awesome are you thread"???
            Ok I was just pointing out that I am sooooooo awesome that I can even post about it in other threads, Or I could have been saying that I have never been impressed with other poeple and only look to myself and God.
            Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
              lol! nice...

Comment

Lt. Col Oliver North
                NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

So, yesterday, I attended a CO POST-sponsored and Lakewood PD-hosted leadership seminar. Our speakers were:

Don Malarky...BAND OF BROTHERS Tech. Sgt. Don Malarky. All 90 years of him. His co-presentor is (?) Vance, who did most of the talking and would ask Malarky questions to fill in the blanks.

Matt Eversmann...BLACHAWK DOWN...Sgt. Matt Eversman. Incredibly humble guy who spent most of the time giving all the credit away for their success in Mogadishu.

And Dave Carrey, Capt. USN (Ret.) a 5-1/2 year "involuntary guest" of the North Vietnamese government. Talked about leadership and making choices in one's life.

I made an effort to shake hands with each and every one of these guys. Needless to say, I was uplifted by their deeds and their messages. Outstanding job, Lakewood PD!

Chief,

Capt. Carrey presented his lecture at least a few times for one of our classes at LASD (Leadership Development....I think)......outstanding speaker....got to listen to him for about 3 hours or so.

Did he tell the 'Whats up doc'? story about screwing with the lead jailer?
                  The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                    Capt. Carrey presented his lecture at least a few times for one of our classes at LASD (Leadership Development....I think)......outstanding speaker....got to listen to him for about 3 hours or so.

Did he tell the 'Whats up doc'? story about screwing with the lead jailer?
                    Yes he did....very funny!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5135 users online. 316 members and 4819 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X