300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderlic Test

I would say that I'm quite good at math but dismal when it comes to proverbs. After taking the Wonderlic test, I'm making it a goal to broaden my understanding of them. So far the many I've found online, while taking the practice Wonderlic tests, are obvious. However, I came across this one:

---

Two of the following proverbs have similar meanings. Which ones are they?
    1. No one is wise all the time.
    2. A word to the wise is sufficient.
    3. The doors of wisdom are never shut.
    4. 'Tis wisdom sometimes to seem a fool.
    5. The greatest good is wisdom.

---

At first, I thought that the similar ones were (1) and (4). My reading of this was that both quotes tend to gear towards humility about ones' intelligence. However, this was the correct answer:

---
    ---

Why is it (1) and (3)? The only explanation I've been able to conjure is that, since nobody is wise all the time, the answers will be there if you look hard enough because "the doors of wisdom are never shut". While these proverbs do complement one another...I don't see how they are similar.

I seem like such a farthead by not being able to get this right away. Would anybody kindly assist me with this?

You say "Wonderlic" and I think:

That is all.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
      You say "Wonderlic" and I think:

That is all.

Dear Danny "Unemployed" Desdan,

Son, Look right above ma' most handsome picture..I am da' Professor of "Stuff"...Really I am.

1St, Don't listen ta' dat' mean old Sarge, why he ain't nutt'in, not a drop of "blue Blood" in him, A social outcast wid' a real nasty street sweeper, hooks peeps up and den,,,,' gives em' da' 5 second ride...

...Why he doesn't even have tea and crumpits during lunch.......

not da' uppity type like ma'self, all Mass- Cu-Lan and all.... Hell, I even "broke ma'self from eat'in peas wid' da' knife....

Now I have been proctor'in dem' .. ummmm, uhhhh...Hey Danny.....

what was your question, I ferget....

I got da' Trig on ma' back and quadradic formula thingies on ma' lecture board....
      Last edited by asullivan; 05-18-2011, 04:34 AM.
      Originally posted by mookster
      Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
      Originally posted by CityCopDC
      I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
      Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
      I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
      -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Well, got my rejection from Southwest Central Dispatch today. Though I don't know the specific results of the Wonderlic test yet, I can only say that this is a hurdle that's tripped me twice (Southwest Central and Oak Lawn PD).

Does anybody know if there are practice Wonderlic tests? Any study groups that I can join? Is there a way that I can take the test for myself and receive the results to observe so I can better prepare for it?

Since this test also included a psyche evaluation, is it possible for me to get the results of that as well for my review? I've been pursuing this for 4 years now, and I'd hate to be wasting my time on a career that I have the aptitude but not the psychological intangibles for.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

I do not know but when I doubt Google is my friend. Good luck
          Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

1 & 2

You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyDresdan View Post
              Well, got my rejection from Southwest Central Dispatch today. Though I don't know the specific results of the Wonderlic test yet, I can only say that this is a hurdle that's tripped me twice (Southwest Central and Oak Lawn PD).

Does anybody know if there are practice Wonderlic tests? Any study groups that I can join? Is there a way that I can take the test for myself and receive the results to observe so I can better prepare for it?

Since this test also included a psyche evaluation, is it possible for me to get the results of that as well for my review? I've been pursuing this for 4 years now, and I'd hate to be wasting my time on a career that I have the aptitude but not the psychological intangibles for.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
              Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop View Post
              I do not know but when I doubt Google is my friend. Good luck
              Here ya go.
              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Two of the following proverbs have similar meanings. Which ones are they?
                2. A word to the wise is sufficient.
                4. 'Tis wisdom sometimes to seem a fool.
                5. The greatest good is wisdom.
                It is not a question of which is more like the other than the process of elimination dwindling it down to the two most similar.
                5. Deals with goodness, none of the others do.
                4. Deals in foolishness, none of the others do.
                2. Deals with the finality of the statement unlike 1 and 3 which are both dealing with infinity.

You're welcome.
                Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Wonderlic is worse than nimsa.
                  sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Mary McIlvain, Assistant Director @ Southwest Central Dispatch, was kind enough to go through the results of the test with me. Thankfully, it had nothing to do with the results of the 12 minute assessment test. It was the personality profile that screwed me over.

They used the Seven-Factor Personality Profile. It's the test where they have you answer the questions assuming the role of the perfect candidate and, then, flip it around by having you answer them honestly. Got a 1/7. Thing is I'm pretty positive that I did answer the questions honestly, as opposed to trying to paint myself in the best light. Regardless, when I take the personality profile again, if I get similar results...I may have to throw in the towel on this career I've been pursuing.

I sincerely hope that won't be the case. And, no, I'm not so weak willed as to let a personality test get the best of me. But this test isn't a kitchy survey asking "What Lord of the Rings character are you?". It's a big deal, many dispatching agencies think so. I'd hate for them to be right about my personality not being a good fit for being a dispatcher. Nonetheless, this is a career I respect highly. If it's general opinion that I'm not cut out for it then, as the Marines like to say, I better learn to "Lead, Follow or Get out of the way".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3994 users online. 205 members and 3789 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X