• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwarzenegger 'fathered child with household employee'

Schwarzenegger 'fathered child with household employee'

Updated: Tuesday, 17 May 2011, 8:06 AM EDT
    Published : Tuesday, 17 May 2011, 5:56 AM EDT

LOS ANGELES (NEWSCORE) - Former Californian governor Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered a child with a member of his household staff, the Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday.

Schwarzenegger, who last week announced his separation from his wife Maria Shriver after 25 years of marriage, admitted fathering the child with the longtime employee around ten years ago.

"After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago," Schwarzenegger said Monday night in a statement issued to The Times.

"I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry," he added.

Schwarzenegger took financial responsibility for the child "from the start and continued to provide support," The Times reported an unidentified source as saying.

The mother of the child voluntarily left her position with the couple earlier this year after working for them for 20 years. The newspaper reported she received a severance payment and "left on good terms with them."

Shriver, 55, moved out of the couple's mansion in Brentwood, Calif., a few weeks ago. The couple issued a joint statement last week, saying they were working on the future of their relationship while living apart.

"This has been a time of great personal and professional transition for each of us. After a great deal of thought, reflection, discussion and prayer, we came to this decision together," the couple said.

So..............Arnie kept this little secret for 10 yrs, kept the mother of his child working in his home, and spent the last few years chastising the public employees of the state of California for being greedy................................

Good actor!
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Not necessarily the act, definetely the cover-up.

Comment

it'll be interesting to see if JP is going to argue that Arnie not live up to his responsibility to the child......

Comment

From now till 2012 every Republican will avoid Arnold at all cost, especially Newt Gingrich....

Family Values, Hata la vista, baby!...

I know I know he's a RINO...
          sigpic

Comment

Wonder if she's here legally...
            “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
              From now till 2012 every Republican will avoid Arnold at all cost, especially Newt Gingrich....

Family Values, Hata la vista, baby!...

I know I know he's a RINO...
              "The parents are the single most important influence on a child, followed by education and the peer group." "The number of single parents in the U.S. has quadrupled since the '60s, and there has also been an increase in violence and school shootings. All that stuff has increased largely because of a lack of parenting, and many households only have one biological parent -- so many of them are fatherless. It really creates a big problem." Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jan. 29, 2001.

Fortunately for the young Schwarzenegger offspring, it appears the kid had the kind of stable nuclear family the Republican leader condones: a father figure, a biological father who secretly sent them money, and a mother who worked for the guy. You can see why, shortly before his move into politics, he was able to state with confidence, "To me, family has always been the basic foundation of everything ... Single parenting is a danger and that's what we have to avoid."

See, I guess it's OK, because Arnold and the staffer who had his child were married. He never specified it had to be to each other. And that's your family values, Schwarzenegger-style.

So I guess Maria can be the one ending this by saying, "You've been terminated!"

Comment

Every wife hopes that her husband will become part of her family. I guess Ahnold went a little too far.
                This Space For Rent

Comment

Chuck Norris can't even stop Arnold Schwarzenegger
                  Originally posted by Michigan
                  I won't say anything mean to you because you're obviously retarded. I don't know if you will understand or comprehend what everyone is saying to you, so put it this way: The internet is bad, bad place. No go, no go. Computer bad, no login. Stay home, eat sour patch kids- yum yum. No talk to no one. Stay home. Internet is bad, stay away. Bye, bye.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelers5 View Post
                    Chuck Norris can't even stop Arnold Schwarzenegger
                    Looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger couldn't even stop Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott941 View Post
                      "The parents are the single most important influence on a child, followed by education and the peer group." "The number of single parents in the U.S. has quadrupled since the '60s, and there has also been an increase in violence and school shootings. All that stuff has increased largely because of a lack of parenting, and many households only have one biological parent -- so many of them are fatherless. It really creates a big problem." Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jan. 29, 2001.

Fortunately for the young Schwarzenegger offspring, it appears the kid had the kind of stable nuclear family the Republican leader condones: a father figure, a biological father who secretly sent them money, and a mother who worked for the guy. You can see why, shortly before his move into politics, he was able to state with confidence, "To me, family has always been the basic foundation of everything ... Single parenting is a danger and that's what we have to avoid."

See, I guess it's OK, because Arnold and the staffer who had his child were married. He never specified it had to be to each other. And that's your family values, Schwarzenegger-style.

So I guess Maria can be the one ending this by saying, "You've been terminated!"

Nice.

World_So_Cold

Comment

He's a pig!
                        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

He was only pursuing what is best in life.
                          The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Originally posted by jcioccke
                          After I hit it, I would be disgusted with her

Comment

Wow isn't there anyone famous that can be respected?
                            Life is what you make of it

Comment

Granted that this was somewhat of a surprise but was anyone here actually shocked to hear the news?
                              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5772 users online. 343 members and 5429 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X