300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woul you help your kids cheat?

To me it doesn't matter where. Cheating is cheating.
    School, family board games, tithes, taxes, inappropriate speed limits, etc.

Your thoughts?
    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

I agree 100% with you. Not a good foundation to build on for their future.
    Of course I cheat playing my two teen agers because they can beat me in a few things now

As a father I have watched my boys fail and succeed in sports, tests etc. I think it was harder on me letting them fail or not do better (sports) not because I was disappointed in them but I hated seeing their disappointment; if that makes sense?
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Perfectly.
      I'm in the process of reading an article in a recent Reder's Digest. Between doctor's offices, I about have it read. LOL
      The article starts our with a person raving about how they make money assisting cheating. I will get a copy and post parts of it later. It struck me hard when one of the subjects they were helping with was ethics.

Comment

It's the way of our society my friend. Everything is too easy and fast these days. I would be intrested in reading it.
        MDRDEP:

Comment

I am big on personal responsibility. You don't lie, cheat or steal. I do everything i can to teach my kids that doing the right thing is whats important.

I am a very competitive person. But I train hard to win. If I don't I will train harder. It seems in the age of participation trophies it is much harder to instill this in the kids.
          The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

participation trophies it is much harder to instill this in the kids.
            AMEN brother. So tired of everyone get a trophy and everyone gets to play etc etc.

Society is setting up kids to fail later on in life. Life's not fair.
            MDRDEP:

Comment

I get frustrated with parents who do their kids' homework so they are sure to get into the best school. I'd rather raise D students who know right from wrong than an A student (on paper, because they didn't learn the material) who has no integrity.

Comment

Wow! Did I really spell it Woul? My proofreading skills suck.

Comment

I'm worse I didn't even notice it lol
                  MDRDEP:

Comment

I wrote out a long drawn out response but it took a turn to something else. I said everyone lies, everyone cheats, and everyone steals... but it really depends on the severity of how you do it. I put some nice examples and blah blah blah but it would have made you guys bored. most of it partained to sports though.
                    Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
                      Wow! Did I really spell it Woul? My proofreading skills suck.
                      Should've cheated and have someone write it for you!
                      sigpic
                      Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                      And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

I agree with all of you, and have tried to be an example to my three kids (my youngest graduates high school this Friday).
                        So far, so good. My oldest is married to a paramedic with their first born on the way. My second is a firefighter/EMT, recently married to a great guy. My youngest wants to get a CJ degree and follow me into LE.

Here is the one questionable thing I did for my son:
                        I got him out of a speeding ticket in a neighboring JD during a casual conversation with a buddy detective from that JD....
                        I never came out and asked for it to be taken care of, but I did not have to... I have felt kind of bad about that.
                        *************************HOWEVER****************** *****************************
                        The kid learned his lesson, and his insurance did not quadruple.
                        There I said it.
                        HAH!
                        SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                        SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

I'll help my kids to understand that when you are fighting fair, your tactic sucks, so I'll teach them how to cheat and stay alive.

Outside of that, I will not let my kids to cheat on their academics and on their self respect.

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
                            I wrote out a long drawn out response but it took a turn to something else. I said everyone lies, everyone cheats, and everyone steals... but it really depends on the severity of how you do it. I put some nice examples and blah blah blah but it would have made you guys bored. most of it partained to sports though.
                            Please.....grace us with your nice examples here.
                            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Anyone teaching their children to cheat (knowingly allowing it and/or turning a blind eye is the same as teaching) is doing them a great disservice.
                              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6255 users online. 332 members and 5923 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X