X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy runs onto field during Astros vs. Mets game - surprising results

http://www.huliq.com/10164/astros-fa...-display-video

Astros fan runs onto field, evades capture with urban ninja display [Video]

With the Astros trailing the Mets 6-4 in the bottom of the ninth and Houston outfielder Carlos Lee at the plate, a daring man gave the few fans remaining at Minute Maid Park something to cheer about after he ran onto the field and evaded capture from on duty security personnel and police officers by scaling a two-story concourse in centerfield.

Starting near right field foul territory, the man headed directly out into the middle of the field and headed towards centerfield and a grassy incline known as “Tal's Hill.”

With a security guard nipping at his heels, the cunning escape artist was able to use Tal's Hill to hop the centerfield wall where he was greeted by another security guard rushing towards him.

It appeared that the fan's dashing display would come to an end, but much to the chagrin of those watching on television and in attendance, the man jumped and grabbed hold of a second-story platform and pulled himself to a higher mezzanine area before security could grab him.

From there, our urban acrobat pulled himself up to another level of the stadium before running into the darkness, never to be seen again.

Lee eventually grounded out to third and the Mets held on for a 6-4 victory; however, this daring man certainly gave the fans in Houston something to cheer about.

"I wonder if there was a door up on the concourse that he had an escape plan. That seemed like it wasn't off the cuff,” New York Mets outfielder Jason Bay told ESPN's Adam Rubin. “I hope he got out. ... I think it was a well-thought-out plan. ... Although if he did that might breed a whole new set of protocol."

Unfortunately to answer Bay and everyone else's question, Rubin confirmed via Twitter that the leaping outlaw was indeed apprehended later on that evening.

“The man who ran onto the field in Houston on Friday, ran up the hill in CF, leaped the outfield wall, ran up a berm, scaled a 2nd wall leaped over the second wall, landed on a concourse and made it out of the stadium was arrested outdoors, Astros person says."
    Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 05-14-2011, 06:13 PM.

I still want to know why they built that hill in Centre Field?

Comment

The Mets won and that's all I care about.

Lets Go Mets !!

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post

Lets Go Mets !!
        Me too!

Comment

Lets Go Mets !!
          yayyyy only 7.5 games back now....(sorry had to do it, i'm a phillies fan)

Comment

Too bad Carlos Lee didn't hit a homerun upside his head. Now THAT would have been funny.
            Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

"It appeared that the fan's dashing display would come to an end, but much to the chagrin of those watching on television and in attendance,"

The idiot who wrote that article must have not been there & only watched a video with the sound turned off.
              This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by jfloirendo View Post
                yayyyy only 7.5 games back now....(sorry had to do it, i'm a phillies fan)
                I root the Phillies to win because I know they have the division locked up. I don't see any team running away with the wild card so any time the Phils can beat the Marlins and Braves it's a good thing.

Mets may not have starting pitching but if Wright and Bay would get their heads out of their arses, that 1 through 6 in their line up is killer: Reyes, Murphy, Wright, Davis, Beltran and Bay. As good as any in the league in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
                  Too bad Carlos Lee didn't hit a homerun upside his head. Now THAT would have been funny.
                  Carlos Lee probably could have eaten him.

Comment

Originally posted by JD_TO View Post
                    I still want to know why they built that hill in Centre Field?
                    Darn canucks coming in here and spelling word all British.....

Comment

that 1 through 6 in their line up is killer: Reyes, Murphy, Wright, Davis, Beltran and Bay. As good as any in the league in my opinion.
                      Very true
                      Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

The Mets outfielders could use some additional coaching....from Mike Curtis.
                        This Space For Rent

Comment

The phils are going to get utley back in the next 2 weeks and honestly that's almost like acquiring a bat through trade. Hopefully he stabilizes the line-up and will definitely make us that much better.

And their starting pitching will definitely bail them out but only if you can score more than 2 runs and not have halladay throwing complete game losses

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5888 users online. 323 members and 5565 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X