X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney, greedy sacks O crap

America: Two Steps forward, one step back:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpps/ente...13-kh_13196708

Are you F-ING kidding me????!!! Is it even possible for some greedy corporate dink to even consider how that looks?

Not a game, not a movie, not an opportunity for profit. Disney officially boycotted by me. Please pass around, and support!

Corps like that only respond to threats to their bottom line. Boycott in order.
    - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

I saw that over on LF. Its disgusting........Shaking my head and walking away.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
      I saw that over on LF. Its disgusting........Shaking my head and walking away.
      This cannot stand.
      - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

Maybe the actual owners of the title should take issue them. We could let each side defend their claim the old fashioned way, physically
        Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

GAY...totally and disrespectfully gay
          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Expect the application to be disallowed.
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I am willing to bet that Disney drops this trademark application really quick and then fires someone over it.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                Expect the application to be disallowed.

You never know, it appears that it was approved once before by a company called NovaLogic. I bet there will be a bunch more opposition to this one though.

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?r...entry=78381296

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
                  How do you copyright something, that the Navy itself created and has had for decades? Besides, isn't SEAL Team 6 a little violent for Disney taste? I can't exactly see them selling a shirt that is light blue on it with clouds saying "SEAL team 6 Member". Just . . . doesn't strike me.
                  I agree, I think someone there got a little overzealous and did it without consulting any of the higher ups. I just don't see how it would really fit in to the whole Disney thing.

Unless they made a Pirates of the Caribean versus SEAL Team 6 movie. Which would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
                    How do you copyright something, that the Navy itself created and has had for decades? Besides, isn't SEAL Team 6 a little violent for Disney taste? I can't exactly see them selling a shirt that is light blue on it with clouds saying "SEAL team 6 Member". Just . . . doesn't strike me.
                    To be accurate, this is about a purported Trademark, not Copyright.

Comment

15 USC § 1502 prohibits registration of any trademark that:
                      (a) Consists of or comprises immoral, deceptive, or scandalous matter; or matter which may disparage or falsely suggest a connection with persons, living or dead, institutions, beliefs, or national symbols, or bring them into contempt, or disrepute.

Comment

This is insane. If approved, Seal Team 6, should be allowed to storm Disneyworld and help the Disneyworld front office realize that the copyright was a bad idea.
                        Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

How can you trademark a government entity? Its apart of the public trust. You can't go trademarking the USMC or the FBI.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                            How can you trademark a government entity? Its apart of the public trust. You can't go trademarking the USMC or the FBI.
                            The entity itself can. LAPD trademarked "LAPD." http://www-bcf.usc.edu/~usclrev/pdf/074605.pdf

Comment

well, maybe the FBI can go trademarking the FBI then. I don't see how some Disney could do it though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3674 users online. 196 members and 3478 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X