Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC woman with breast cancer loses custody of her children

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...121683284.html

A quote from the judge, " The course of her disease is unknown. Children who have a parent with cancer need more contact with the non-ill parent."

The children stated on the Today show that they want to stay with their mother. I don't know the father's feelings on this, as he and his attorney haven't commented. I also realize fathers can be the better parent sometimes; however, I don't understand using her illness as a reason to take her children from her. It's heartbreaking. She has stage 4 cancer, you'd think a court would want the children to spend as much time as they can with their mother...while she's still here.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

WTF is that Bull Shi-.. There better be some serious back lash by big stars and that EX should be ashamed of himself. MY God that is so sad. I am so saddened to read this.
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
      "The course of her disease is unknown. Children who have a parent with cancer need more contact with the non-ill parent."
      Now that's really bassackwards!

Comment

Don't know if there is more to the story than we are hearing, but as it stands it sure sounds wrong-headed.
        We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
        but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Chaplain,

I hate when you pop in a thread where I dropped a few 4 letter words, I feel guilty or something to that nature

But I do appreciate your wisdom
          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

LOL! And you never know where I'll pop up, do you, j? Bwahahaha!

I do not mean to hijack the thread, but the guys I ride with have sometimes ambushed officers of other agencies by getting them to "display their colors" so to speak, and then exclaim, "Nice language to use in front of my chaplain!" The look on the face of the ambushed guy is great!

I always say, "Don't worry, officer-- I am sworn to confidentiality so I can't tell anyone what you said, anyway."

;-)

Back on topic...

Comment

There has to be more to this story, there has to be.
              It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

When my Mom died of cancer, an acquaintance remarked to me, "The first thing your parents do is teach you how to live. The last thing they do is teach you how to die."

"The last thing" is not a fun or easy lesson, but it is an important one. It should not be taken away from a parent for any light reason.

Comment

This is stupid...Kids give their mother the exta strenght to keep fighting...This judge is a MORON!...If I were those kids I would not leave her side...How do these people make it to the bench?...Is there anyway we can get this judge out the bench?...
                  Last edited by Southflaguy; 05-12-2011, 11:06 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

The mother made somewhat of a plea on the Today show this morning, stating she was trying to find a lawyer to take this on. I forward the information to my attorney (from the school board mess) as this might be right up his alley. I surely hope someone steps forward to help.

DACP, the other thing that was mentioned is the mother no longer has a job due to her medical issue. The father chose to move to Chicago for another job. She then added that there are plenty of job in his field in the Charlotte area and had even sent them to him in an attempt to get him to move back. There was never an allegation from the other side that she wasn't a good mother, so I can't help but dislike the man for going forward with this. If the judge's real reason was the mother is unemployed (but she has family that is helping her) then state that...to bring her illness into this as justification...not to mention her quote...is mind-boggling.
                    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

My mother had breast cancer in my early teens and we nearly lost her. By the grace of God, she survived and is healthy now. She has said repeatedly, that me and my little brother gave her the will and strength to go on and get better. I did not read the full story because it would probably stir up a lot anger and other emotions inside of me. I did however, hear a little bit about on the radio as I was driving home from work. Smurfette, I am missing something here? A judge takes away the kids of a mom with cancer and the other story about a "mom" giving her 8 year old botox injections is able to keep her daughter? What world am I living in? Up is down, down is up, left is right.....
                      This and every other news story these days is what contributes to the multi-billion dollar SSRI inhibitor (antidepressant) industry. But, the only thing in my power is to shake my head in disgust.
                      Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
                      ~Mark Twain

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
                      ~Thomas Jefferson

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."
                      — Horace Mann

Comment

This is crushing. Having her children beside her at this gutwrenching time could make a difference between life and death.
                        Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

I've been following this very closely because on the surface it is a horrible thing to remove the children in this way. However, listening to the story, there is something important that is being left out. This poor women is making her ex out to be a monster, saying there was DV in their marriage but the custody judge wouldn't let the information in, etc. Why isn't this man defending himself. Someting just doesn't seem right with it.

Comment

If she is claiming her ex is a nutcase, I just hope she doesn't share that opinion with her child. I think it is typical for ex spouses to think each other is a psychotic nutcase. Just don't involve the children in that. I still don't think that is enough of a reason to have her child yanked.

The other day I dealt with a runaway child. Mom called 911 because he ran away. When I get on the scene she told me that her and her current husband and her son were in the vehicle. The son started arguing with her over the divorce of the dad. She got tired of it and had her current husband pull over. She told the kid she is sick and tired of talking about it so he needs to get out of the car and walk the rest of the way home. He gets out of the car and takes of running. She also admitted to having no problem reminding her son time and time again that the dad is a worthless piece of crap.

She was very surprised her son took off running. No screaming eagle crap woman! I found the kid and invested some time in talking to mom and son, each separate, then at the same time. This boy is no angel but who is? Listening to her talk was amazing. It is no wonder this kid is having problems. She does not mean to be malicious but the words that came out of her mouth were horrible. She even told me she was tired of him and ready to give up. She lost me at that point. I tried telling her raising kids was a marathon vs a sprint but she was not having it. I tried telling her that the boy loves his dad unconditionally but she wasn't having it.

If this kid grows up and lives a decent productive life it is simply by the grace of God and the mom should have limited accolades in regards to that.
                            Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Good for you to have taken the time you did with that kid, pujolsfan-- when a kid is having to deal with such a toxic home, it means something to hear a sane and supportive voice somewhere.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3389 users online. 177 members and 3212 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X