300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior banned from prom over conspicuous ask-out technique

I hope the school changes their heart (or lack of) and gotta give him an A for effort.

Here's further proof, if any should be needed, that grand romantic gestures are overrated.
    High school senior James Tate wanted to impress his friend by asking her to their prom in Shelton, Conn., in a way the whole world would notice, The Connecticut Post reports.
    So naturally he went to the school in the middle of the night and taped foot-high pieces of cardboard on its entrance to spell out "Sonali Rodrigues, Will you go to prom with me? HMU Tate." (Gawker says HMU means "hit me up." Kids these days.)
    The good news: She said yes! The bad news? Tate is now banned from attending the prom because school officials say he was trespassing and risked his life by using a ladder to put up the romantic request.
    "This is really upsetting," Rodrigues told the paper. "It's our senior year and we are supposed to have happy memories, not something like this."
    Lucky for the pair, the mayor of Shelton himself is getting involved in their case. Mayor Mark Lauretti told a local Fox affiliate he doesn't think the "punishment fits the crime." And as the tale of Tate's predicament spread on national news sites, 30,000 people have joined a group on Facebook in support of the potential prom date. (Shelton's total population, by comparison, is 40,000.)

Life is what you make of it

I read a story about this today, even the Mayor is speaking out against the school.

Comment

What a silly thing to ban the young man for.
      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

It's a creative and non destructive way he used...Sad that he has ended up with this outcome.
        Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Zero-tolerance works in some instances. Many times though schools overdo it to the extreme. My wife has told me plently horry stories and this also only adds to the list.

Shame on you, administration. Shame!
          SCFC Dispatch Manager

Comment

this is the problem with schools today. They offer no discretion, everything has to be followed to the letter of the rules. Don't take any consideration of the character of the student. It's a shame what the schools have become.

Comment

Way too harsh... Let the kid attend prom with his girl.

Comment

Kid's got a future in the sign biness.

Comment

I read a local story about that and it even mentioned how the signs left no marks and did absolutely zero damage to the building.

Everyone has spoken out against this kid's punishment. It will get reversed.

Comment

How sweet of him. The response from the school is typical. What the hell is wrong with people these days!

World_So_Cold

Comment

Originally posted by John0397 View Post
                      this is the problem with schools today. They offer no discretion, everything has to be followed to the letter of the rules. Don't take any consideration of the character of the student. It's a shame what the schools have become.
                      Yep.
                      Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Hope they let him go....total BS
                        'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

According the the latest story, the School's Admin is still saying no after 1000s of folks have contacted her to include the local Mayor, Congress folks, State Reps, and the Gov......

If I was on the school board, I'd call a specail meeting and fire her ***.....and let the kid go.....but that's just me.....

Comment

Looks like he still gets the girl.
                            Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
                              Looks like he still gets the girl.
                              True....but not going to senior prom is harsh....especially when he just taped the sign up......

As stated, I'd call to fire that Superintendant at a special meeting and let him go if I was on the school board........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3135 users online. 175 members and 2960 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X