• Show
Clear All

• Buy air conditioning get a shotgun

Buy an A/C Unit, Get a Shotgun
    Updated: Wednesday, 11 May 2011, 4:39 PM MDT
    Published : Wednesday, 11 May 2011, 4:39 PM MDT

By KRISTIN WRIGHT
    FOX NEWS

PLANT CITY, FL - In a non-descript warehouse, practically on the railroad tracks is a struggling small business.

"If the air conditioners are broke, they would rather repair them or they're just going without it because they can't afford to repair it," said United Electrical Systems owner Tim Toole.

The owners are the first to admit they'll do almost anything to stay alive.

"If I had to wear a monkey suit and walk up and down the street and I thought it would bring in business, I would do it," said Jim Harden.

If they had to give away shot guns to bring in business, they'd do it and they are.

"We'll run a background check and if we approve them, we will give them a shotgun," said Harden.

A Remington Model 870, 12 gauge shot gun - for free with the installation of a brand new air conditioning system.

"I'm not in this to make a political statement. I'm not in this to promote the NRA. I'm not in this to do anything but promote my business," said Toole.

They're promoting the air conditioning business, as well as their licensed gun shop, right now in its early stages. Some question it.

"I don't think a shotgun is something people need. How about a grocery store gift certificate or Target or Walmart?" said Erin Powers, who is against the gun giveaway.

Emily Plowman says "I would imagine that a voucher for gas within the economy the way it is, fuel prices would be a better way of marketing than giving out free shotguns."

Others say why not.

"It gets people's attention and that's what it's probably designed to do, so to me it seems like it's pretty effective," said Jack Kegelmeyer.

Tim Toole and Jim Harden say customers will have to follow the same steps they would with any licensed gun dealer and say they'll be careful in trying to get that "boom" in business.

"If we think that you come in and you look like you shouldn't have a weapon, you're not going to get one," said Harden.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news...otgun-05112011
    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Dang. I had to buy a new heat pump. I wish they'd offered a free shotgun.

Comment

I really need a shotgun AND air conditioning....
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Smurfette
      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
      Originally posted by DAL
      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Too bad that shop is not in NY

Comment

I need an A/C and could really use the 870. If I had the money right now I would be calling them.

Comment

Never in NY..damnit!

World_So_Cold

Comment

I knew this had to be the South.
              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Too bad it's not South CA....ugh....
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Smurfette
                Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                Originally posted by DAL
                You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

How do you put these two together? I can see free service for a couple years or free air duct cleaning with installation but I cant see how you would decide to put a shotgun and A/C units together. I watched a documentary slamming Michael Moore and learned about some bank that he went to in one of his movies where you get a free gun if you open a bank account. I get trying to drum up some business but the combinations are awesome. Steamship Boiler Repair and Pet Shop will service your boilers for free with every purchase of a cat and collar! Makes as much sense.

Comment

Know your target audience. Who wants a toaster when a bank will give out guns? Tools are tools. Use whichever is best suited to your clients. There's no magic power in guns that turns someone evil just by touching them.

But being from OK, you know that.

Comment

They're promoting the air conditioning business, as well as their licensed gun shop, right now in its early stages. Some question it.
                      READ people,they also have a gun shop next door.If you offer a $200 gift certificate to Target,it costs you 200 plus tax,same with anything else like that.By offering the shotgun (which they purchase at wholesale),they give a $300 gift,that cost 200(or so) AND get a customer for your OTHER business as well.A win/win situation.
                      Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Originally posted by HCSO511 View Post
                        How do you put these two together? I can see free service for a couple years or free air duct cleaning with installation but I cant see how you would decide to put a shotgun and A/C units together. I watched a documentary slamming Michael Moore and learned about some bank that he went to in one of his movies where you get a free gun if you open a bank account. I get trying to drum up some business but the combinations are awesome. Steamship Boiler Repair and Pet Shop will service your boilers for free with every purchase of a cat and collar! Makes as much sense.
                        It's a southern thing....you probably wouldn't understand.

Remember we cling to our Bibles and guns.... We can never have enough of either one.

Comment

I've also seen bibles that are big and heavy enough to cause just as much physical damage as guns.

Comment

There was a bank here, that had a similair program... Lock in a CD, I think it was 10 or 25 big for 5 years or sump'in and ya' wud receive a win mod 70..upon marturity....

wish i was rich....Me rich what a joke..
                            Originally posted by mookster
                            Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                            Originally posted by CityCopDC
                            I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                            Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                            I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                            -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by Bounce View Post
                              Know your target audience. Who wants a toaster when a bank will give out guns? Tools are tools. Use whichever is best suited to your clients. There's no magic power in guns that turns someone evil just by touching them.

But being from OK, you know that.
                              Giving out guns isnt an issue for me at all. Just seems a weird concept. I dont see how my post said anything about the EVIL of guns but okay. I just thought the combination was hilarious even if you have a gunshop next door.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4870 users online. 271 members and 4599 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X